Amherst In July

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:35 am
As luck would have it I will be attending the Annual Meeting of the Socierty of Friends in Amherst in July. And I was wondering if any of you East Coasters would be around and how long it takes to drive from Amherst to Boston?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,284 • Replies: 25
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:15 am
Somewhere around 1 1/2 to 2 hours by car... I forget exactly.

GATHERING! Let me know when... if the other locals pull a 'kitchenpete' on you, you are welcome to chez SealPoet (date permitting... there is one weekend we have a commitment on Cape Cod...)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:19 am
What is a kitchenpete?

From the pictures of the last gathering at your house I would love to stay with y'all.

I have to dig out my exact dates. It is a two week deal but I will not be attending all the functions.

Quakers are very friendly but - they are not all like the Berzerkley Meeting for Friends Shocked
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:24 am
kitchenpete is an a2k member. He came to Boston, but the group of usual suspects couldn't coordinate so the Gathering that had been talked about never happened.

So, kitchenpete as a verb means to screw up a gathering when an a2k member visits the Hub of the Universe...

You reading this littlek, quinn, fishin, jespah, region etc.?

Firm up the date and we will do something about it...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:43 am
I'm reading..... so far I've no plans for July. Will it be a weekend stay, JD?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:54 am
New England Yearly Meeting
901 Pleasant St.
Worcester, MA 01602-1908 USA
Held at: Bryant College, Smithfield, RI

August 7-12, 2004

Are the above dates good do you think?

Hmm, must have been dreaming about Amherst. To good to be true a meeting in ED's home town. But Worcester is good and close enough I think.

Just as long as I do not have to pronounce it. Or go look at that Pymouth Rock dealy.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:02 am
Looks like the actual event in in RI. That's not to big of a deal - you can get "here" from pretty much anywhere in RI in an hour or so.

August 7th is a Saturday so I'm guessing you'll occupied that weekend??? Are you hanging around for the following weekend?

Still plenty of time to firm things up of course. I'm in one way or the other. Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:10 am
August is a fine time to visit this part of the place--penciling in, waiting for firmness of dates and all that
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
wuh ster

easy
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:56 am
quinn1 wrote:
wuh ster

There is no 'r' sound in that city's name.

wustah
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:40 pm
I stand corrected, good Boston vocab spotting SP!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:12 pm
Who's Ed?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:13 pm
Wuhsteh, I can do that I think. OK then I will check with my Friends and see when I can cut loose from them.

What I would like to do is rent a 5th wheel type deal and spend time junking all the way there, while there, and on the way home.

I will go back and look at the work shops I plan to attend, and let you all know how it goes.

One for sure workshop for me is how to be a Crone 101, hehe. I guess I will learn some good Quaker stuff there.

August 7-12, 2004 are the primary dates I will be in the area.

But my ideal would be to leave Tejas around July 15 and head for home at the end of August. Great dates to be in New England I think. It is to hot here that time of year.

Abd I can work around all of your plans since I may not have the opportunity to get a subsidized trip to the North East again.

Carlotta, my cat and the Supreme Bean will be with me. Any one allergic to cats and dogs?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
Allergic to cats and dogs? Gawd, that'd be a problem. No pet allergies here.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:37 am
Junking? Junking! Is that what the better off folk call antiquing? Yowza! We got some fine junking 'round these parts!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:41 am
Yes SP some fine folks, peoples with more class call it antiquing. My company, my registered Texas business name is Dorel's Antiques and Junque. I guess that means I will be junqueing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:37 am
If you want to see the difference between antiques and junque, you should see our furnishings and home...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:09 am
teehee
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 01:35 pm
Well personally I love all my junque oh and that new term chabby chic, love some of that kind of junkque too.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
You laughin' at me, 'k?
0 Replies