CommonApp Influential Essay Help :)

Aakarsh

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 06:40 am
Hi,
This essay is on the topic: Describe a influential person and describe that influence.

Some people are born different. No one is born an Einstein, but generally children start to get a grasp of the education material at a fairly young age. It would not have happened so in my case if I did not have this special person to show me the right path in life. Most people in the world at least have one subject in school they did not like when they were younger, and the case for me was mathematics. I did not like mathematics when I was 12 or less, but one math teacher called Brian Marslack influenced me in many ways, which I am still thankful for to this very day. He influenced me to study math and think of it as a fun subject, and the reason I enjoy mathematics now is because of how he taught me, how he persuaded me to study math and showed ne that math can be interesting. I was a below average student when it came to math when I was about 12 years old. I met Mr. Marslack and my life turned around in a split-second. Mr. Marslack saw something in me that other teachers did not and he gave me an opportunity, and taught me in a way that it would interest me. From that day on he influenced me to learn more and more math and the next thing I figure out is that math become my favorite subject. Now I only learn math because it makes me happy, not because I have to and I find math fun to learn now; all of this would not have happened if Mr. Marslack did not influence me. Every time I look at my reflection in the mirror, I think of him, without him I would have not been the person in the mirror; instead I would have been a different person.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 0
No top replies