izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 05:18 pm
@neologist,
Anyone who has spent any time working in a school has met has met loads of people like Romeo. They're normally from some sort of Christian outreach centre, and they want to tell the kids the "good news." They put on a crappy play, get out a guitar, tell a few "jokes," and generally make people more aware of the futility of existence.

I have told the JW's, I normally get left alone for six months, then the new lot come around, and, they always knock mid-****. Always. It's uncanny.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 06:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Mid dump, eh?
You should turn the handle to 'occupied'. That might help.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 06:26 pm
@neologist,
The handle doesn't reach as far as the front door.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 06:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy wrote.
Quote:
they always knock mid-****. Always. It's uncanny.

They can smell sinners **** a mile away.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 07:28 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
There you go, Izzy. Try using a room deodorizer.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:51 am
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
RF's apparent intention in the OP was to spark a discussion among believers...I am befuddled by the reluctance of folks like Arella and intrepid to hop in on this. 8 years ago, we would by now have attracted many a believer. Where are they now?

Yes I started this 'Was Jesus God?' in an attempt to draw in fundies who'd say "yes he was", so that I could have fun cracking their heads together and proving them wrong, but as the thread has run to 9 pages and they still haven't appeared, I'm very disappointed!
I see myself as a hunter, having fun by stalking the internet to prey on phoney christians, JW's, Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Spiritualists,Hindus, Fairy Worshippers and all other assorted dickhead cultists.
One of them once said about me- "He's a tough nut to crack folks, don't mess with that one", so I can only assume word has got around and they run for cover when they see me coming..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/way-madmaxRomeo_zps01ae368c.gif~original
Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:53 am
If this clown ever wants to commit suicide, all he has to do is jump from the top of his ego. He'll die of starvation on the way down.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:57 am
I also see that a lot of forum members are too shy or embarassed to admit their beliefs, for example Setanta's profile simply says-
"That's for me to know, and others to show not the least inclination to find out."
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:59 am
@Setanta,
Zing....

He could pen his memoirs en route.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 06:07 am
Incidentally guys, if you know of any fundy-infested forums out there, give me a link, you can sit munching your popcorn and watch me busting their asses and laying down the law..Smile
"Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box.
These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box.
There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box.
First bell's at five minutes of eight when you will get in your bunk. Last bell is at eight. Any man not in his bunk at eight spends the night in the box"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/the-box.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 07:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Incidentally guys, if you know of any fundy-infested forums out there, give me a link, you can sit munching your popcorn and watch me busting their asses and laying down the law..Smile

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've got far better things to do with my time.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 08:01 am
@neologist,
RE: After the body dies there is nothing
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Prove it..Wink

One cannot prove the existence of nothing, but it can be proved that no soul is leaving the body and continue existing ex corpore (out of the body).
If we accept that the encephalogram frequencies of the brain, and the pulse of the heart are 'the immanent characteristics' of the soul (in medical science the heart & brain functions are used to establish clinical death), when a human dies they simply disappear (they don't leave the body and start floating into the air - they simply disappear) -> hence no soul exists in the material world after the death, and as far as the existence in the immaterial world (or hyper-space or whatever, is concerned ... maybe the 12th dimention or s.th.) this is beyond my understanding of the world and I would not engage to comment it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 09:00 am
Look at it from another angle and consider that we're eternal immortal life-forms (aka "souls") who just happen to be temporarily imprisoned in fleshy bodies in this material universe.
When the body dies, maybe some souls float off aimlessly into the vast reaches of the universe forever-
"Ungodly men,wandering stars for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)

But if people have managed to lock onto/mindmeld with/ connect with/ log onto Jesus during their lives, their freed souls automatically fly to him through the 'Jesus Stargate' when the body dies

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 10:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
RF's apparent intention in the OP was to spark a discussion among believers...I am befuddled by the reluctance of folks like Arella and intrepid to hop in on this. 8 years ago, we would by now have attracted many a believer. Where are they now?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Yes I started this 'Was Jesus God?' in an attempt to draw in fundies who'd say "yes he was", so that I could have fun cracking their heads together and proving them wrong, but as the thread has run to 9 pages and they still haven't appeared, I'm very disappointed!
I see myself as a hunter, having fun by stalking the internet to prey on phoney christians, JW's, Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Spiritualists,Hindus, Fairy Worshippers and all other assorted dickhead cultists.
One of them once said about me- "He's a tough nut to crack folks, don't mess with that one", so I can only assume word has got around and they run for cover when they see me coming..Smile
Hardly. In your case, while you proceed with apparent courage, your language and demeanor contradict your stated intent.

Also very few believers have posted in the religion fora lately. They avoid the heat generated by non believers who, besides debunking their irrational exegeses, have the nasty habit of dredging up thousands of years of priestly excesses to punctuate their arguments.

You might look at the discussion in these similar threads to see the state of affairs in time past.
http://able2know.org/topic/51117-1
http://able2know.org/topic/120760-1
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 10:13 am
@Herald,
Perhaps I should have said after the body dies there is nothingness
Herald

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 12:18 pm
@neologist,
It is not nothingness, for you may have heirs (carrying half of your DNA), some students that have learned from you (incl. the jokes), you may have left some publications and other creations that can be read, viewed and listened to ... long after your death.
So it is not nothingness, but is almost nothing. If the human species gets extinct it will really become nothingness ... for we don't even know how to and could we deliver our knowledge & experience to the next intelligent life form ... and whether.
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:14 pm
@Herald,
With respect to individual consciousness, I would infer returning to dust equivalent to returning to whatever state of consciousness/unconsciousness we had before birth. In that respect, I think nothingness describes it best.

Matter of opinion, to some, I suppose. But clear to me.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:24 pm
Neologist claimed:
Quote:
Perhaps I should have said after the body dies there is nothingness

Herald proclaimed:
Quote:
it is not nothingness, but is almost nothing

Let Jesus squash both of your arguments like grapes-
"In my fathers house are many mansions, I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then I'm coming back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)
so argue it out with him when you meet him..Smile

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:37 pm
@Setanta,
Ever a master of expression. I commend you, oh furry fellow
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 02:42 pm
Setanta wrote:
Quote:
If this clown ever wants to commit suicide, all he has to do is jump from the top of his ego. He'll die of starvation on the way down

Funny you should say that mate, yes my intellect is certainly awesome and towering, i simply move into forums and take over..Smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/9031/yztv.jpg