@Romeo Fabulini,
Is this why you never married, Romeo?
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/9031/yztv.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 04:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Incidentally guys, if you know of any fundy-infested forums out there, give me a link, you can sit munching your popcorn and watch me busting their asses and laying down the law..Smile
Silly Romeo! Razz Razz
You've already worn out more than we can count: I googled this expression from your post om page 5 of this thread:
"LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Found here on a2k: http://able2know.org/topic/221950-5#post-5437639
But I never could find the original post from which the accolade was taken.
So many results!
I wondered. Why?
Then I googled the poster, Haimehenmmli.
I must say the result is impressive. Mr. Green
You are a legend, my friend. Laughing
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 06:29 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
...we had before birth. In that respect, I think nothingness describes it best.

If this pretends to be a serious claim, at first 'nothingness' should be defined and after that - 'best description' (for we all know what big bang is able to do from nothingness).
IMV we are not nothingness - neither before birth, or after death, but these levels of understanding of the world are inaccessible to us ... by reason unknown.
In any case it is hardly the heaven and hell as described in the classical misunderstanding of the religions about the world.
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 09:14 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:
. . . In any case it is hardly the heaven and hell as described in the classical misunderstanding of the religions about the world.
The scriptures agree with us in that. So how would you classify nonexistence?
Herald

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 11:52 am
@neologist,
Quote:
So how would you classify nonexistence?

If the definition of existence is life and presence in the physical world, nonexistence should be death and abscence from the physical world.
If we accept this defintion we are not the case of 'nonexistence' before birth ... and after death.
Four generaltions for example backwords in time we have been successively DNA of 8 women and 8 men ... and with the years we have been 'assembled' by stochastic processes & events (for there might have been somebody else in our place today, but the parralel universe does not exist, so we will never come to know what might have happened).
Several generations after death we (our DNA) will be scattered in X people (heirs) ... and our flesh at random (starting from the fly worms in the cemetary, going through flowers, and reaching some other animals ... and even people ... if somebody grows cucmbers on the cemetary or in the vicinity).
I would not call this nonexistence, but if we didn't succeed to jump over the energy barrier we will get extinct as species and if we could not succeed to establish communication with some other intelligenet life form inbetween all of our knowledge will 'evaporate' into the Dimention X (the hyperspace of the nonexistence ... or you may call it as you wish).
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 12:25 pm
@Herald,
Sounds deterministic
Herald

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 11:06 pm
@neologist,
If you mean 'doctrine that human action is not free', maybe partially yes.
More important is the big picture that we are all part of the biosphere and from time to time come to be on top of the 'food chain' and have limited time to take some action and decisions to preserve the biosphere as long as it could and as functional as possible ... and we are not even aware of what we are supposed to do.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 01:17 am
If the universe (ie "God") has gone to enormous trouble to create us all, it makes sense to suppose that when the body dies the universe is going to want to preserve the souls or "life force" of all decent nice people, and consign the "failed souls" of murderers, thieves, con men, liars, rapists, religious cultists etc to the bonfire..Smile
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://imageshack.us/a/img542/3735/6ctr.jpg
"I just keep getting stronger"
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 01:47 am
We existed before we were born-
God to Jeremiah- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
Jesus said:- "Father you loved me before the creation of the world" (John 17:24)

So we can imagine Jesus being there to cuddle baby dinos-
"Sorry kiddo, you're on the way out"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/jes-dino.jpg

And we also exist after our body dies-
Jesus said:- "In my fathers house are many mansions, I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then i'll come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7025/zu1s.jpg
Romeo: "I just keep getting stronger"
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 10:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Mr. Fabulini, so and so you are getting stronger, why don't you get down for a moment from the clouds (or wherever you are) and tell us, the simple mortal, what are the contraints to our immortality (as species). Which one will finish us first:
- The conversion of the Sun into a Red Giant
- Some asteroid or meteorite
- The population overgrowth
- The CO2 of the vehicles & the smoke fumes of the TPPs
- The release of the CO2 from the rocks & CH4 from the soil
- The air & soil & water pollution by ad-hoc pollutants of any kind
- The next breakdown in the next NPP
- The chemical weapons fallen into the hands of megalomaniacs
- A biological catastrophy of complex origin
... or something else?
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 01:35 pm
@Herald,
I think Romeo is of the opinion that those he believes to be deserving humans will be in heaven and those not deserving will be guests of dishonor at Satan's barbecue.

I, on the other hand, believe the Bible's teaching that the earth was formed to be inhabited. With that in mind, I assert that any God capable of creating this planet as a home for the human race, is certainly capable of sustaining his creation.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:58 pm
Herald proclaimed:
Quote:
Which one will finish us first:
- The conversion of the Sun into a Red Giant.......etc

Yes scientists say it's inevitable that the sun will eventually expand and gobble up the earth, so those cultists who think resurrection means living in new bodies on the earth are going to get their eyebrows singed..Wink

As for other possible disasters that could zap us, here's a list i made for a Survivalist website, take your pick, your guess is as good as mine..Smile

1- Chernobyl-type nuclear plant accident, but on a much bigger scale, poisoning an area as big as the USA or the whole of Europe and Asia.
2- Massive meteor or asteroid strike wiping out millions with blast and tsunami, and kicking up enough dust to black out the sun for years and causing crop-killing temperature drops.
3- World War 3 exchange of nuclear weapons poisoning virtually the entire planet.
4- A plague wiping out most humans on earth after accidental release from a bio research lab, or a deliberate release by terrorists to wipe out the population of a specific country, or perhaps a virus naturally evolves that has no cure.
5- EC Event (Economic Collapse) triggering total breakdown of law and order resulting in looting gangs etc.
6- EM pulse (from a solar flare or nuclear bomb) blows out the electricity grid and electronics, it'll be bad but hopefully the govt will have contingency plans to get it fixed and relief food and medicine convoys up and running.
7- Mega-earthquake bigger than anything the earth has experienced before, demolishing a whole bunch of cities across countries or continents.
8- Mega-tsunami triggered by gigantic quake at sea, wiping out coastal areas for a hundred miles or more inland.
9- Runaway volcano that carries on spewing out dust and ash for months, throwing a grey wind-carried shroud around the planet blocking out sunlight and triggering subzero temperature drops.
10- Haywire weather (nonstop storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, floods etc) caused by global warming, pollution, ozone depletion etc
11- City Lockdown by the Authorities where citizens are ordered to stay indoors for whatever reason such as a terrorist manhunt or whatever which could last days/weeks

PS- here's me in my "Armageddon" coat and balaclava which I bought earlier this year, it'll be ideal for stalking the devastated streets looking for food and water, and when shocked survivors see me, they'll shriek "Aiieee, it is he who walks with danger!" and will scurry off back into the shadows-

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/586/y3t5.jpg

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Your hands look like the hands of an arthritic old lady. Are you sure that's a picture of you?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 06:24 pm
@rosborne979,
Try this one of me and my survival knife, no zombs better mess with me after Doomsday ha ha..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/knife-quad.gif~original

Big knife trumps little knife!
Okay Buzz, show us what you got!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rebelCC.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 06:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I sell knives and other survival items at gun shows. Lots of survivalist fanatics there. I have a demo where I teach fire starting, etc.

I can tell you right now that knife is useless unless you want to frighten women and children. I have a show in Lynden Washington Oct 26, 27. Come over and I'll straighten you out.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 07:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Its also illegal carry in Washington State
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 01:34 am
@neologist,
It's illegal in the UK. I will be sending an email to Plymouth constabulary later on today.
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
Maybe Romeo's gang leader can cut him a deal with the constabulary.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:32 am
@neologist,
Quote:
I assert that any God capable of creating this planet as a home for the human race, is certainly capable of sustaining his creation.

Actually he succeeded for 1 BN years so far (in terms of our species), but we are not children any more. Following this logic one may state that because his parents have supported him when he was a child, they will continue funding him ... until pension.
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 11:36 am
@Herald,
I wrote:
I assert that any God capable of creating this planet as a home for the human race, is certainly capable of sustaining his creation.
Herald wrote:
Actually he succeeded for 1 BN years so far (in terms of our species), but we are not children any more. Following this logic one may state that because his parents have supported him when he was a child, they will continue funding him ... until pension.
As the one whose name means "he who causes to become", he needs nothing from us. Though it is understandable he may expect us to figure a few things out on our own.