Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:34 pm
Yer a legend in yer own mind, Bubba.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:41 pm
Okay let me throw out another question- if Christianity is a phoney hoax that's been continually attacked and exposed for centuries, why is Jesus still out there well ahead of all the rest ?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/team-jesus.jpg~original
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You can't even get your facts straight, I said no such thing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:42 pm
You must live in your own little world. The Muslims will be happy to come here and claim that there are more of them than anyone else, and to claim that theirs is the fastest growing religion in the world.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta said- "You must live in your own little world. The Muslims will be happy to come here and claim that there are more of them than anyone else, and to claim that theirs is the fastest growing religion in the world."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Official figures are all over the net proving Christianity is the biggest game on the park..Smile
Mind you, I got no beef with Islam, I like its tough no-nonsense attitude and if it ever does overtake Christianity, Christians will be the last to get hassled-
Koran 5:82- "You will certainly find the nearest in friendship to be those who say: 'We are Christians'"
But the future won't be so rosy for others as this notice shows, it was one of many stuck up around a Muslim area of London not so long ago-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sharia-sticker.jpg

PS- how can I put up an avatar to accompany my stunning posts?

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 09:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 10:36 pm
@neologist,
Neologist said- "Well?"
----------------------------
You talking to me mate? Well what?
Sorry if I missed your question, it must have been hidden inside a lot of other questions which you fired off blunderbuss style.
My debating style is to surgically deal with one-question-per-post like a precision sniper before moving on to the next question in a new post..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 12:19 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You prefer terse?
OK. Jesus is not God and the trinity is a God dishonoring doctrine.
Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 01:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Official figures? Whose officials? Talk is cheap, and it is unreliable. In christian-dominated societies, the selection bias will be for christianity. Both Ipsos-Reid in Canada and Pew Research in the United States have been altering their survey questions in recent years, and both report that at least 10% of respondents who profess Catholicism or one of the Protestant sects also say that they don't believe there is a god. In many Muslim countries, apostasy invites summary execution. I think they're all liars, and that includes you with your "official figures" bullshit.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Lots of people break the law, not just Moslems.

Quote:
Three teenagers have been arrested in connection with a fire at Harlow Islamic Centre.

The centre, in Paringdon Road, was damaged by the fire on 26 August.

Two 16-year-old boys and a 17-year-old boy, all from Harlow, were arrested on suspicion of arson and bailed until 30 October pending further inquiries.

A 28-year-old man from Harlow was previously arrested on suspicion of arson and released on bail until the same date.

Essex Police said they were still keen to speak to witnesses in connection with the fire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24013224
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:36 pm
@neologist,
Neologist said- "You prefer terse?
OK. Jesus is not God and the trinity is a God dishonoring doctrine"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Jesus made it quite clear many times that he WASN'T God, you can come round and feed the pigeons and seagulls on my windowsill any time you like..Smile
Some Jesus quotes-
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
"My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me" (John 7:17)

As for the Trinity thing, people attach far more importance to it than it deserves, as most christians regard it as just wordplay, namely that Jesus and God are like the two halves of an oyster and the Holy Spirit is the soft squashy innards.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:42 pm
@Setanta,
In all the bar graphs and pie charts i've seen, they clearly show Christianity to be the world's biggest religion by far like the one below, but if there are any that show different, please let us know..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rel-pie-1.gif
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 03:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Many of the so called christian religions differ greatly from each other and from the truth. So why lump them together?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:43 pm
@neologist,
Neologist said- "Many of the so called christian religions differ greatly from each other and from the truth. So why lump them together?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same with other religions, they all have their different sects, for example Sunni and Shi'ite muslims hate each others guts, as do Northern Irelands Catholics and Protestants.
Even Atheists are split because some say Jesus existed and some say he didn't..
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 11:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What about those religions that claim the soul survives death?
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 01:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Uh-huh--as i've pointed out, in christian cultures, you're going to get a christian selection bias; the same thing holds true in the Muslim world. As i've also pointed out, when Pew Research and Ipsos-Reid changed their religious adherence survey questions, about 10% of those claiming to be Catholic or claiming to adhere to one of the Protestant denominations also say they don't believe there is a god.

What, do you think you win some kind of prize if you "prove" there are more christains than any other flavor of the superstitiously deluded? Do you actually think you can "prove" any such thing? You are peddling both an ad populum and an ad numerum fallacy. Or, to put it in different terms:

“If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.” ― Anatole France. \

You do know, don't you, that once upon a time, the majority of people in the world believed the world was flat.

Find some Muslim sources, they'll make the same claim you're making.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 01:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Even Atheists are split because some say Jesus existed and some say he didn't.

This is, like most of what you post, bullshit. This is simply not an important issue among atheists. There is a major divide among atheists, but you apparently don't know what it is.

Your thinking is so warped by your fanatical worship of your boy Jesus that what you post is completely unreliable.
laughoutlood

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 02:55 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You do know, don't you, that once upon a time, the majority of people in the world believed the world was flat.

Attribution? Shred?

Quote:
Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer

lol
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 03:06 am
People still believe that the earth is flat . . .

Quote:
The Flat Earth Society (also known as the International Flat Earth Society or the International Flat Earth Research Society) is an organization that seeks to further the idea that the Earth is flat instead of an oblate spheroid. The modern organization was founded by Englishman Samuel Shenton in 1956 and was later led by Charles K. Johnson, who based the organization in his home in Lancaster, California. The formal society was inactive after Johnson’s death in 2001 but was resurrected in 2004 by its new president Daniel Shenton.

Source at Wikipedia

From the same source . . .

Quote:
The idea that the Earth was flat was typical of ancient European cosmologies until about the 4th century BC, when the Ancient Greek philosophers proposed the idea that the Earth was a sphere, or at least rounded in shape. Aristotle was one of the first European thinkers to propose a spherical Earth in 330 BC. By the early Middle Ages, it was widespread knowledge throughout Europe that the Earth was a sphere.

Home page of the Flat Earth Society

lol yourself, smart mouth.
laughoutlood

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 03:09 am
@Setanta,
Majority? mouth

ok once upon a time, now we are laughing

Quote: