neologist

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 05:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Herald wrote:
After the body dies there is nothing
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Prove it..Wink

(Genesis 3:19) ". . . In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.. . ."

(Psalm 146:3, 4)  " Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.  4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish. . ."

(Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6)" . . . For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun."

(Ecclesiastes 9:10)" . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going."

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 05:21 pm
Mate, you can quote all the Old T quotes you like to try to "prove" your quirky JW beliefs are correct, but the fact remains Jesus trumps them all-
Jesus said "..whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"(John 11:26)
or don't you believe him?
For newcomers to this thread, let me say the JW's think death is a state of non-existence with no consciousness, no heaven and no hell.
It's a satanic concept designed to make people drop their guard and think "Great, there's no hell to worry about!", so Satan has well and truly got the JW's by their balls..Smile

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 06:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Mate, you can quote all the Old T quotes you like to try to "prove" your quirky JW beliefs are correct, but the fact remains Jesus trumps them all-
Jesus said "..whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"(John 11:26)
or don't you believe him?
For newcomers to this thread, let me say the JW's think death is a state of non-existence with no consciousness, no heaven and no hell.
It's a satanic concept designed to make people drop their guard and think "Great, there's no hell to worry about!", so Satan has well and truly got the JW's by their balls..Smile
If we simply "never die' what is the purpose of the resurrection? "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." (John 5: 28,29)

JWs understand there will be some who go to heaven. What will they do there? There may be other things but the scriptures assure us that God ". . . made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth." (Revelation 5:10) Kind of gives more meaning to the "meek shall inherit the earth", don't you think?

So, for newcomers to this thread, Romeo is sure he is headed for heaven. Now that you've met him, would you really want him as king over you?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 06:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What is the consequence we should fear? Would a loving God condemn his children to an eternity of punishment or simply assign them to the void of unconsciousness from whence they came? "I have put life and death before you, . . . and you must choose life. .." (Deuteronomy 30:19)

So, Romeo, you do not have hell to fear. "The wage sin pays is death."
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 01:28 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
. "The wage sin pays is death."

But the hours are good, and the perks are brilliant.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 01:42 am
@izzythepush,
And doesn't death take a vacation?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 02:49 am
@Lordyaswas,
Exactly, and he gets to look like Brad Pitt.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 06:39 am
Neologist the JW wrote:
Quote:
]JWs understand there will be some who go to heaven. What will they do there? There may be other things but the scriptures assure us that God ". . . made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth." (Revelation 5:10)
So, for newcomers to this thread, Romeo is sure he is headed for heaven. Now that you've met him, would you really want him as king over you?

1- Firstly to amazed newcomers to this thread, let me present some of Neologists quotes in various threads-
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

So Neo admits to sometimes being wrong, and admits that he's here to sharpen his understanding. In other words, despite his age (over 65) and despite all his years in the JW's, he's still admitting he knows jack ****..Smile

By contrast, I'm never wrong, i'm confident and superkool..Smile-
"..as a Christian,thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
Check out my sensational swagger and body language in this vid under my wargaming name of 'Poor Old Spike' and ask yourselves who you'd rather string with, me or Neo?
http://youtu.be/QaArap_NpnI
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger.gif~original

2- Neo said- "Romeo is sure he is headed for heaven"
which proves Neo's sometimes wrong because I never said any such thing!
In fact in another thread i said-
"None of us know whether we make the grade as a Christian, not even me ha ha, and even the great Paul said- "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

3- Neo's JW cult believes some patched-together junk about 144,000 of them who are going to rule the earth like control-freaks after judgment day, even though Jesus was quite clear that hes's going to beam us OFF the earth to a great paradise in the sky-
Jesus said:- "In my fathers house are many mansions, I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)
If JW's want to stay on the earth as rulers they're welcome to it, but there'll be nobody there because everybody else will be gone..Wink
Me, I prefer to ride with Jesus on that great Route 66 in the sky..Smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/8567/8tcv.jpg
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 10:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . ..So Neo admits to sometimes being wrong, and admits that he's here to sharpen his understanding. . . .
Sharpen my arguments, actually.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
By contrast, I'm never wrong, i'm confident and superkool..Smile-
Pride is before a fall (Proverbs 16:18)Let him who thinks he is standing (superkool)beware that he does not fall. (1Corinthians 10:12)
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. Check out my sensational swagger and body language in this vid under my wargaming name of 'Poor Old Spike' and ask yourselves who you'd rather string with, me or Neo?
Me, I'd rather string with whoever is living up to John 13:35 " By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. 2- Neo said- "Romeo is sure he is headed for heaven"
which proves Neo's sometimes wrong because I never said any such thing!
In fact in another thread i said- "
"None of us know whether we make the grade as a Christian, not even me ha ha,... .
You see, I can admit to being wrong there. I allowed myself to be misled by your supercilious arrogance.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
3- Neo's JW cult believes some patched-together junk about 144,000 of them who are going to rule the earth like control-freaks after judgment day, even though Jesus was quite clear that hes's going to beam us OFF the earth to a great paradise in the sky-
If JW's want to stay on the earth as rulers they're welcome to it, but there'll be nobody there because everybody else will be gone..Wink
Me, I prefer to ride with Jesus on that great Route 66 in the sky.
And that's where you are wrong. I explained those who are in heaven will rule over the earth. For the rest "For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it" (Proverbs 2:21, 22)
And so, for those reading this discourse, forget about me and Romeo, as we are both idiots. Where would you prefer to reside, on earth without sickness, death, or crime, and with your loved ones, or floating through the universe on the celestial cloud?

Oh, and BTW, for the latter, you have to die first. . . Bummer!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 10:50 am
Folks, you may wish to review Romeo's parting salvo and well wisher's posts here:
http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=151925#p1808706
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:15 am
Wow is it 7 years since I was last in here??
Thanks to Neologist for resurrecting my old thread, it seems I missed all the posts by people asking me to stay..Smile
Well. I'm back now kiddos, I can only assume Fate guided my ship back to you to save the sorry asses of the heathens in here and dazzle you with my superhuman wit and intellect..Smile

For example Neo just wrote:
Quote:
I'd rather string with whoever is living up to John 13:35 " By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves"

But mate, you said you and your JW chums would rather let your children die than have blood transfusions, I don't see much love in that wacky belief..Wink
"I would answer yes to refusing a blood transfusion for myself or any of my dependents" (Neologist Aug 16 2006)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:28 am
Neologist pouted:
Quote:
I explained those who are in heaven will rule over the earth

You gotta be jivin' us boy!
How will they do it, by e-mail, carrier pigeon, telegrams or walkie-talkie?..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ram1.gif

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:45 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
I explained those who are in heaven will rule over the earth
Mick wrote:
You gotta be jivin' us boy!
How will they do it, by e-mail, carrier pigeon, telegrams or walkie-talkie?..Smile
Your guess is as good as mine, Romulus, Revelation 5:10 says only that they will rule as kings. I would be happy to see you there provided, of course, you had abandoned your insufferable draconian arrogance. But I expect to be here with my wife and family, children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
But mate, you said you and your JW chums would rather let your children die than have blood transfusions, I don't see much love in that wacky belief..Wink
"I would answer yes to refusing a blood transfusion for myself or any of my dependents" (Neologist Aug 16 2006)
Quite amazing you can find only one issue for impeachment. The religious leaders of this world, on the other hand, are soaked with the blood of innocents.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 04:39 pm
If this is some sort of popularity contest I have to say you've both done your level best to make life that little bit more miserable. Jehovah's Witnesses have ruined many a lazy Saturday morning ****. (Why do they always knock just as you've dropped the first load? What sort of God would want that?) I've known quite a few people whose parents were JW's, and they really resent having spent a childhood with no birthdays, and no Christmases.

Romeo has ruined many a school assembly with his right on, down with the kids, "cool," and ultimately totally crappy view of Christianity. This only confirmed what the kids already thought, that anyone who is into Jesus is a total dickhead. Two hours of incense and Latin verse would be much more preferable, it doesn't try to be fun. And there's nothing worse that a humourless arsehole who think's he's really funny by constantly referencing popular culture in the most tedious way imaginable. (One who doesn't see the irony in advertising a product made by a huge multinational corporation.)

So by a slim margin, the JW wins.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 04:43 pm
Hey Izzy your profiles a complete blank, are you too embarrassed to say which fairy queen you worship? Or are you into Egyptology?
This sad freak is one of the Egyptian "gods", at least Jesus didn't look like a bleddy parrot..Smile

Horus
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/horus-b.gif~original
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 04:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, all you have to do is tell my friends not to call and they will put you on a no call list. Just remember to dial in on me once in a while and I'll try to keep you up. Laughing

BTW, how do you know so much about Romeo?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 04:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
There's that unfunny sense of humour again.

Please don't try to be funny, it's ******* painful. Really ******* painful.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 05:04 pm
Oh God please make me funny (sniffle)..
Tell 'em Colonel-
"You WANT Romeo on that wall, you NEED Romeo on that wall!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/Nicholson-FGM.jpg

izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 05:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yeah, that's the sort of thing I mean. Really painful. I feel embarrassed for you. Have you thought of seeing a psychiatrist?
0 Replies