Who is the most likeable movie star?

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 12:32 pm
And as they come around the final turn, it's Paul Newman and Tom Hanks, Paul Newman leads by a length, but Tom Hanks is coming on strong from th inside, and as they come to the finish line it's Tom Hanks closing in, it's gonna be close, it's Tom Hanks and Paul Newman, Hanks and Newman, and the winner is . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:18 pm
Definitely Tom Hanks!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:34 pm
Piffka wrote:
Quote:
["Why fool around with hamburger," Newman once famously asked, "when you have steak at home?"]

LOVE IT!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:50 pm
Eva wrote:
You WISH you could go with Penelope Cruz, Bill! <LOL> Actually, you should give her a call. She & Tom Whatzisname have split. Now's your chance! Rolling Eyes
Hmmmm, I seem to have misplaced her number. Do you have it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:58 pm
Bill, maybe she left it on my nightstand after she left last night. I'll see if I can find it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
Occum...how'd you let this happen?

Cruise and Cruz Back Together?
Separated Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have both been spotted in Berlin, Germany - sparking rumors they've rekindled their romance. Cruise, 41, is scouting locations around the capital city for upcoming sequel Mission: Impossible 3, while Cruz was seen shopping in the local Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores. Insiders claim the couple are sharing a luxury suite in Berlin's posh Four Seasons Hotel. However, Cruz's management say her trip to the city was "a spontaneous decision" and that she was due to fly back to Morocco last night to continue filming new movie Sahara. Cruise yesterday confirmed he'll spend the summer in Berlin shooting the third film in the TV spin-off action franchise.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
In the words of Leonard Cohen: Give me absolute control, over every living soul and lie beside me baby... that's an order! Unfortunately; the world has not yet seen fit to grant me such power. Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:42 pm
Sigh.

You're just TOO SLOW, Bill.

<shaking head>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
Begging your pardon, darling, but you weren't exactly Johnny-on-the-spot with that number now were you?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:07 pm
(heehee! Laughing )
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:11 pm
Actually, I gave your number to Penelope. She called, but you were over on the strip club thread at the time. She was not amused. I wouldn't count on her calling again.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:13 pm
Re: Who is the most likeable movie star?
I have to agree that Tom Hanks is the best. And like you, I can't think of a female actress that really stands out right now. Men seem to have the edge. I'm sure that will change soon.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 11:41 am
I was going to mention Harrison Ford. He's more intense than Tom Hanks but he has that 'everyman' quality that helps to sell his plight in any movie that he's in and he seems to be a mature, down-to-earth kind of guy. But now there's this...

Ford and Flockhart To Split?
Hollywood couple Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart are on the verge of splitting up after the Indiana Jones star's cold response to news Flockhart's dog had died, according to insiders. Ally McBeal star Flockhart was taken aback by Ford's lack of compassion when mongrel terrier Webster died, even though his mother had passed away just weeks before. An insider says, "Harrison doesn't think losing a dog is a big deal, but it is causing all sorts of problems because Webster was essentially Calista's best friend. She can see why Harrison is really upset at the death of his mother, but she doesn't think that should detract from her own grief. She told me she thinks he doesn't care. Harrison is so down he can't even think about anything else, he thinks Calista is being too dramatic." The cracks in their three year relationship started to appear after 62-year-old Ford had to pay out a $90 million divorce settlement to ex-wife Melissa Mathison in January and was pictured soon afterwards dancing in a tequila bar in Mexico with two women.

What do you think? Is Calista being dramatic or is Harrison just a self-centered ol' meanie?
0 Replies

jennyfer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 12:16 pm
Angelina Joley
Julia Roberts
Edward norton
Maybe you don't understand me, but Courtney Love.
0 Replies

Nickd

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:45 am
Keira Knightley. Personality of an angel!!
(also V hot)
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 04:08 am
We have a long running, well established chat show here in the UK called Parkinson. Michael Parkinson being the host...a convivial man. Meg Ryan put in an (in)famous appearance. The British press were full of it for days. She was obviously there under sufference, rolling her eyes at questions, aloof to the point of extreme rudeness and ignored the other guests. I know we all have bad days, but she's an 'actor' so she should have been able to pull it off. Parky says she is his 'worst ever guest' and his career spans many years and he has interviewed all the 'greats'...his favourites? Muhammed Ali, Oliver Reed, David Niven, Orson Wells, Anne Bancroft, there are others. He described Tom Cruise as 'charming'. Strange that most of his favourites were of the 'old school' but back then they were more likely to court the press, and never show their warts.
0 Replies

imperialracing

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:42 pm
0 Replies