Who is the most likeable movie star?

Piffka

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:16 am
I like Joan Cusack, too. I think she is John's older sister.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:50 am
littlek wrote:
And, Susan Sarandon I condon as well. What about her hubby Tim Robbins?

Yep, Tim would be great to drink a couple of brewski's with and discuss politics for hours. Them and Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are my favorite Hollywood couples.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:17 am
at the risk of grinding this thread to halt, are we judging these stars on the roles they play? how they come across in interviews? or just some vague perception of what we think (hope) they would be like in a face to face encounter?

just askin'...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:30 am
That's my question as well, Region. I was going to post earlier that, as much as I appreciate Kevin Spacey as an artist, he seems to be somewhat snobby and a bit standoffish. He doesn't strike me as being a warm, friendly, likable person at all. But that didn't seem to be what kicky was asking. Or is it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:46 am
I was asking about their personality and whether they seem likeable. I guess some of that comes from the roles that an actor takes, but a lot of what I was asking about is just in how they come off as a person.
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:47 am
Well, I picked Mira Sorvino for a few reasons. I think she is a pretty good actress. She went to an ivy league school, she seems friendly in interviews, she dated Quentin Terrentino- so she cant be totally superficial.
Paul Newman has donated so much money to charities - more than he has earned through acting - I think that is pretty noble. He has been married to the same woman for 30 years or more- hard to believe in his position. He also seems to have some interesting & down to earth hobbies. I always am drawn to him in interviews.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:51 am
Actress: Cameron Diaz. The giddy smile is just too much, how can you not like her?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
Wow! Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have been married since 1958.

I was an advertising art director back in the '80's and pulled Halle Berry's headshot out of a stack of wannabe models. Being a cutie, she stood out from the bunch and I hired her. It was her first modeling job. We worked together about three or four times and she was very friendly and warm. No attitude (yet?) but not a kiss-ass either, which I liked. Just a nice young lady, too short for a bigtime career in modeling but that sure didn't stop her, huh? I wonder what she's like now?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:14 am
Wow, eoe, you gave Halle Berry her first big break! That's impressive.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 01:39 pm
Joan Cusack you are so right piffka she was great in Working Girl and so many others. I expecially like her part as the sister to Robin Williams in a movie about a toy factory. I cannot remember the name now.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:09 pm
I'd go along with Tom Hanks for men. Andie MacDowell has always struck me as the classiest female star. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't like her.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:12 pm
Andie MacDowell. Yeah I can see that. How about Minnie Driver. Is she likeable, or is that just me?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:45 pm
I just thought of Sarah Jessica Parker. I think she's fun, very down to earth and gorgeous.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:11 pm
How about Sandra Bullock? She seems like alot of fun to be around. Like Minnie Driver, great-looking without even trying. Viveca A. Fox is a homegirl. I think she'd be a blast to hang out with.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:13 pm
Yes, Sandra Bullock is great. Whatever happened to her? Haven't seen her in anything in awhile.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:20 pm
My answer Andie McDowell was in the broad context of your title question. My personal favorite is no contest: I fell head over heals in love with Sophia (played by Penelope Cruz) in Vanilla Sky. I will probably never recover.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yes, Sandra Bullock is great. Whatever happened to her? Haven't seen her in anything in awhile.

I heard somewhere she got hit by a speeding bus. :wink:
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:14 pm
I like the Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks coupling thing but, I thought her and Dennis worked..eh, what do I know. I would have liked to see Meg with Jimmy Stewart but, eh...that cant happen I suppose.
Sandra Bullock..seems like a sweetheart with a great sense of humor.
I like Harry Conick Jr and Bill Pullman for good guys, and gotta throw in Denzel Washington also...they just seem like good/decent guys for some reason.
Marisa Tomei gets a vote for a good/fun gal too.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:31 pm
Lassie! 60+ years and counting....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:38 pm
I would rip off my scrotum and eat it for an evening with Marisa Tomei.

Lassie. Yeah, I guess Lassie is a pretty likeable bitch.
0 Replies