My dating life question

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:18 pm
I am dating this guy(5 months last Friday) and we have had sex. But we argue a lot and have a ton of problems. I have come to the realization that before we continue with everything we need to have some sort of symbol of commitment! I like him but sometimes I just feel like we just aren't compatible, but then we get better and we work everything out. What should I do? Opinions please Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 612 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:19 pm
@Livelaughlove196,
May I ask how a symbol of commitment will stop the arguments?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:22 pm
What do you mean by compatible?

Do you have like interests? same education? same goals? same work ethics?

If sex were NOT in the picture, would you still stay together?

Livelaughlove196

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I think having a symbol of commitment would make me feel better about what we are doing and that we aren't going to break up, considering all our problems. However, common interests are some but we do disagree with a lot. Someone I feel like maybe I could be with someone better...
Livelaughlove196

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
I don't really even like having sex with him, considering all the pain it's put me through.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:33 pm
@Livelaughlove196,
A symbol of commitment isn't going to make any difference. Why are you staying with him if you're not happy? You want to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't get along with? It might not be this guy's fault that you don't get on but you're obviously not compatible. Say goodbye before you do have some kind of commitment ( like a ring or a baby) and go and meet someone you can be happy with - he's out there.
0 Replies