Thoughts on this early 18th century painting from Dresden?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 11:45 am
@westcoastassist,
I'm off soon for an exciting bus ride to the doctor's. By the time I get back, someone will have helped you on that - - and if not I'll try to help - but I use a mac, and it works a little differently than pc's on posting photos from the internet.

Meantime, you could put How to post a photo on a2k into the google search that is on the upper right in the dark blue strip; you'll probably get a lot of how to's.

Alternately, see on the right where it has the word search? Add the words Forum Help there, and you should see many threads of people asking how to post photos.
0 Replies

westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 12:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Going through their staff lists today to nail down someone to reach out to.

And I just found where I could insert images into posts - fantastic.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 12:46 pm
@westcoastassist,
>Contact link<
westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 05:27 pm
@westcoastassist,
Added another painting to the site if anyone is interested:

http://able2know.org/topic/221244-1
0 Replies

westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 08:02 pm
@westcoastassist,
So what does it take for someone to take down a post by someone else?

My other post regarding the possible Van Dyck "mysteriously" disappeared from public search after farmerman stopped by to leave a one line message about the possibility of the painting being stolen, which it is not. We have over 80 documents between the family and the National Museum of Warsaw and a clear line of ownership is written as well as notarized.

This is what we get for searching out assistance... awaiting return calls from multiple experts who had asked for the images we have.

Would someone who had stolen art really be that dumb to post online? I'm sure it's happened before but not in our case.

westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 08:19 pm
@westcoastassist,
Answer found and dealt with.
0 Replies

westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 08:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Awaiting a reply from him as well as others, thanks Walter.
0 Replies

westcoastassist

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 08:29 pm
@westcoastassist,
After a long discussion with them, we have decided to work with the Getty in Los Angeles to assist us. Time to go hunting... Will continue to update as things come up. Thanks to the few contributors, your assistance opened our eyes and enlightened us.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 09:14 pm
@westcoastassist,
Let us know how it goes.
0 Replies