Do we really have to take military action to Syria?

spendius

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
We have lost a lot of men and women, arms and legs and much treasure due to the false claims of US rhetors with a stake in war profits and anybody who thinks we are going to do it again is off his ******* head.

**** the Special Relationship.

Do any of us have chemical weapons? What are they for if we have? And who sold the technology to barbarians?
spendius

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
it is only because he is so egotistical that he assumes anything leaving his lips must be true.

I have the impression that all, or nearly all, Americans take that position. 10 years on A2K is a pretty comprehensive survey.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:09 pm
@spendius,
I wonder if the Professor is having second thoughts about having conducted his world appology tours talking about how America sucks now that he cant even get the Brits to follow his lead? leaders cant denigrate there own leadership and still expect to have followers, but then he never made the jump from being a community organizer to being a leader.
spendius

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Did you ever see what Bill Clinton said about him?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:13 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
it is only because he is so egotistical that he assumes anything leaving his lips must be true.

I have the impression that all, or nearly all, Americans take that position. 10 years on A2K is a pretty comprehensive survey.

" I think it so it must be true" is how it goes....america suffers from mass mental illness, the affliction is not being able to seperate fantasy from reality, or worse thinking that there is no reality only our own individual realities....AKA fantasies.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 05:14 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Did you ever see what Bill Clinton said about him?

I heard there was a jab, what was it?
Ron in Nevada

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 08:13 pm
There were over 500 gang related deaths in Chicago in 2012. I'm sure a lot of those deaths were drug (chemical) related. How come we aren't getting ready to bomb Chicago? Yes, I know innocent civilians will die but I'm sure some innocent civilians will also die in Syria.
I fail to see the difference between Syria's civil war and the civil war here in America. Civil war meaning the war between law enforcement and the"thugs and murderers" trying to take over Chicago's streets.
I can't believe that the administration won't police America before going to the middle east and impose our will and beliefs on the "thugs and murderers" in Syria.
If our country were perfect already maybe going to war in yet another country might be more acceptable to the 50% of Americans who oppose Mr. Obama's "peaceful" solutions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Is napalm a chemical weapon?

Nope.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Is white phosphorus a chemical weapon?

Nope.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Because if they are and I'm pretty sure they are.... there's a bit of pot kettle black going on here.

Well, since they aren't, there isn't.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 02:06 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I wonder if the Professor is having second thoughts about having conducted his world appology tours talking about how America sucks now that he cant even get the Brits to follow his lead? leaders cant denigrate there own leadership and still expect to have followers, but then he never made the jump from being a community organizer to being a leader.

You're wrong there. Cameron was the one who made promises he couldn't deliver. Cameron did lose the vote in the Commons because of the actions of an American president. It wasn't Obama, who still enjoys a lot of respect over here, it was George W Bush.

We were lied to about Iraq so Halliburton could make huge profits. Follow the money.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 02:36 am
@izzythepush,
obama is well liked in America too, only most of us think he sucks as a leader. never again let it be said that being black is a negative, a black man can be an incompetent dick and still most people will claim to like him.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 02:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Incompetent? No other president has had to deal with such personal attacks, an instransigent opposition that puts ideology before the good of the country and a racist teabagger movement. It's a miracle he's been able to do anything.

If you want to blame an American president for the Commons vote, blame George W Bush. The debate was as much about Iraq as it was about Syria, and you can't blame Obama for that.

"The Obama administration faces the reality that the US lost the credibility to argue from authority and on the basis of its reputation more than 10 years ago. The US government may trust the US government. That is not a trust the world shares, and recent polls indicate that it may not be a trust American people share as well."

Anthony Cordesman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23869127
spendius

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 03:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I heard there was a jab, what was it?

It is probably unfair to repeat what I heard because it was said in the heat of the primaries. I agreed with it though and still do. The policy then changed after the candidate was chosen with 2016 at the forefront of the obsessions.

Not that I'm an admirer of Mr Clinton. "It's the economy, stupid!" is just a cute euphemism for "it's a stick rattling in a bucket". I expect our leaders to accept those truths but not to air them before our eyes. They should, rightly, be glossed over with that brand of stone paint that can't be seen with the naked eye.

It is said here that a significant proportion of the population view these sorts of events with regard to their outcomes on house prices.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 04:22 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
" I think it so it must be true" is how it goes....america suffers from mass mental illness, the affliction is not being able to seperate fantasy from reality, or worse thinking that there is no reality only our own individual realities....AKA fantasies.

It's a century since Veblen said--

"The current situation in America is by way of being something of a psychiatrical clinic." (1922).

I think it is in the short essay Dementia Praecox which I assume can be read online.

The problem to me is the runaway success of the madness and all the wonderful conveniences it has produced, remoting the woe which the Church is never allowed to do, and which Thorstein could not even have imagined. The woe being seen as the necessary price for the conveniences.

Like this "America" he speaks of having the ability to **** on anybody, anywhere, any time, come rain or come shine but hamstrung by what is called "world opinion" which America itself has been influential in creating. Which is runaway success imo as one who thinks on Darwinian and Spenglerian time scales.

I don't expect to be understood by those who pay homage to Tyche : the goddess of the Moment.

You will enjoy the last few pages of the essay hawk.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 04:38 am
I'm actually exhausted over the Middle East. I don't know what we should do, and I'm extremely concerned about more American and Allied forces losing their lives trying to herd up mad men there. If we go in they will hate us, and if we don't they will still hate us.
spendius

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 05:12 am
@glitterbag,
It is very difficult I agree.

It was said here that on the night of the vote language was heard in the corridors of power which would shame a Millwall football fanatic. And from people we pay to know what they are talking about.

As a retired lady of the sort that your username might be wittily apt, you should not bother your little head about it and enjoy what you can of the general outcome.

Bling shops don't grow on trees as the evolutionists would have you believe.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 05:18 am
@spendius,
Politicians swearing? I don't think so.
spendius

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 05:27 am
@izzythepush,
I mentioned the language merely as evidence of the confusion which our leaders share with gb. It was just an illustration.

The main thing was--

Quote:
Bling shops don't grow on trees as the evolutionists would have you believe.

Ain't that neat or what?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 05:35 am
@spendius,
I think it's all good and proof that people who swear don't have a limited vocabulary, the exact opposite in fact.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 05:42 am
Those who think Putin will shut up are mistaken.

Quote:
But speaking to journalists in the Russian far-eastern city of Vladivostok, Mr Putin urged Mr Obama - as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate - to think about future victims in Syria before using force.

He said it was ridiculous to suggest the Syrian government was to blame for the 21 August attack.

"Syrian government troops are on the offensive and have surrounded the opposition in several regions," he said.

"In these conditions, to give a trump card to those who are calling for a military intervention is utter nonsense."

Russia - a key ally of Syria - has previously warned that "any unilateral military action bypassing the UN Security Council" would be a "direct violation of international law".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23911833
spendius

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 06:40 am
@izzythepush,
Sky News is reporting Putin saying he was "fully surprised" at the Commons vote. I wondered if it was a mistranslation of "not in least surprised" or whether he was expressing astonishment for real.