gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 02:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
actually, the US is coming out of recewsion fster than urope and Japan because weve not really embraced the "Austerity" that the tebaggers have espoused. Whereas Europe has. Our teabaggers are screaming on the road to cut deficits when the real return to health (and increased revenue streams) will only come as a government "Spends" its way out of recession

In theory that COULD work... But for it to work, you'd need two conditions, one of which does not exist today, and the other of which has never existed within the last century:

1. You'd need a government committed to spending money only on legitimate and meaningful projects, including infrastructure and a meaningful space program for starters.

2. You'd need a government which had retaken the power to coin money from bankers who usurped it in 1913, i.e. a government which could create money for its own purposes rather than borrow it into existence.

www.webofdebt.com

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 03:16 pm
@farmerman,
When many of the people running a country believe (or claim to) that "global warming" is a hoax spread by liberals trying to establish a world government under Antichrist, you have to wonder at some point whether that country, however great its Constitution may be, has any hope of changing from within.

I have often mused that my best hope for helping "save the US" might be to back another horse, like Britain, that was in competition with us for global power and importance. (Germany would be better still, if I spoke German and could live there and contribute to the German economy). As that saner country grew stronger, and as the US grew weaker, the good guys (Germany, China, Japan, everyone else) could tell the bad guy (us) that they would economically embargo us into the stone age, unless we stopped pumping GHGs into the atmosphere -- unless we stopped making the planet unlivable for everyone.

Now I certainly don't think that I alone, by emigrating to Britain, could shift the balance of economic power in the world. However, if enough like-minded, moral people left the US, it might do some good.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 03:22 pm
@Kolyo,
Only one thing wrong with your thinking. When the "good guys " get control over the "bad guys " the good guys become the bad guys. Read some history. The more power a country has the more it wants. Its called greed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:41 pm
@Kolyo,
perhaps you should read your environmental science as well. All those "good guys" emit all the chemicals we do and China out emits everybody.

Im convinced that global warming is occurring at a fast clip. I think even the deniers are coming around. Im just not fully convinced that WE (humans) are the principal cause. Im still a fan of Daansgard Oeschger cycles of planetary climate change. We seem to go into these periods of warm(then rapidly punctuated by cool or even cold) quite a few times every 100K years (whether with or without people.

The funny thing I find is that all the "Christain Fundamentalists" who deny evolution and an "Old planet' evidence, are quick to embrace the concept of an "Old planet" when it comes to climate change.

Im a practicing earth scientist and Im not convinced about the "Al Gore" theories of global warming.
raprap

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 07:34 pm
Oh good! GanjaSnaKKKe is here to demonstrate the difference!

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 07:39 pm
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57600023/farmers-almanac-predicts-a-bitterly-cold-winter/

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 10:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

All those "good guys" emit all the chemicals we do and China out emits everybody.

Here are CO2 emissions per capita (2011 data, in tons per year):

Code:
USA 17.3
Germany 9.9
Japan 9.8
China 7.2

source: Wikipedia

I consider per capita data more meaningful. (India, with more than a billion people, need not feel bad about emitting more CO2 than Luxembourg, with less than a million.)

But there are many reasons I like Britain and the rest of Europe better than the US.
Their desire to curb carbon emissions is only one.
BigEgo

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:06 pm
@raprap,
GanjaSnaKKKe is a low life Republican piece of garbage Laughing
gungasnake

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The funny thing I find is that all the "Christain Fundamentalists" who deny evolution and an "Old planet' evidence, are quick to embrace the concept of an "Old planet" when it comes to climate change.

There has to be a happy medium in the picture somewhere or other if anybody were ever to take the time to find it.

We actually have one planet (Venus) in our system which is ballpark for some sort of a 6,000 - 10,000 year age, and LOOKS it: 900-degree F surface temp, 90-bar CO2 atmosphere, massive thermal imbalance, massive upwards IR flux, total lack of regolith etc. etc. Since Earth and Mars do not look like that at all, you have to assume they are much older than that.

But not billions of years old. Robert Bass once redid Lord Kelvin's heat equations for the planet WITH a maximal figure for radioactive elements in the equations, and came up with an upper bound of around 200M years.

Likewise the continued finding of soft tissue in dinosaur remains argues against the standard claims for ages.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:54 pm
@BigEgo,
And you are the erudite messenger of the Left?

Big DoucheBag would be a more apt moniker.
BigEgo

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 11:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
After reading your posts over the years I thought you already carried that title.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
7 billion human beings with their production facilities have to have some effect. Maybe not the total cause of global heating but some effect.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 03:22 pm
@Kolyo,
Whats that old saying about figures proving anything you want them too.
0 Replies