Im outta pocket big time

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 06:51 pm
Context:
I agree!! Ive brought every product like this and Im outta pocket big time because of it, Stay away! I once brought this make up that said would cover everything including tatoos! It cost me £45 and it did not work, It wouldnt even cover a freckle let alone a tattoo!

What is "outta"? pocket? big time?
It meant "I gotta pocket my money and make it the big time"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 587 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Eos

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:50 pm
all of your "brought"s should be "bought"s. "outta" is "out of", like "wanna" is "want to", "gonna" is "going to", "dunno" is "don't know", and "sorta" is "sort of".
"out of pocket" means that you are broke (have no money whatever) or have lost money in a significant way. "out of pocket, big time" means that this person has lost money in a big way, has lost a lot of money.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:48 pm
Got it now. Thanks Eos.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:48 pm
Not necessarily lost, but spent; translated into not-so-slangy American, it might read:

Don't buy this product! I've bought it and other similar products and spent a lot of money on them. One product said it would even cover tattoos, but it cost me $45 and wouldn't even cover a freckle, let alone a tattoo!

Some medical insurance plans limit "out-of-pocket" expenses. That means that you will only have to spend a certain amount of money (take it "out of your pocket") during the term of the insurance...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:49 pm
Now got it clearer. I think your "don't buy it" equal to what he said "Stay away! ", Wy? Very Happy
0 Replies