Names of actors who have played sinister villians

glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 01:02 am
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Psycho scared me stiff! It took me a very long time to feel happy about drawing the shower curtain - or even having a shower. Felt a lot safer in the bath!

I saw it in the theater when it was re released. Too young to see it when it first hit the silver screen. I was OK that night, but totally fear-stricken the day after. Hitchcock was the master of scaring folks silly. On some level, I think we all like a good scare, especially on the screen and not in our life.

Hitchcock also made Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart, the scary villian in that flick was Raymond Burr, who later starred in the Perry Mason series. Raymond Burr had the most beautiful eyes apparent in extreme close ups. Wow
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 03:22 am
@glitterbag,
For me he was always Ironside.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 11:25 am
@glitterbag,
Raymond Burr was an uber-villain in Rear Window. Good choice
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 01:56 pm
If nobody's mentioned....Robert Mitchum in Cape Fear. A special kind of sinister.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 07:28 pm
@panzade,
Robert Mitchum creeps me out even when he played heroes. He always seemed like he could bust out a switch blade and kill an old woman or small weeping child in an alley. He seems more like a lunatic capable of terrible things.
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 07:19 am
Bruce Dern
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 08:18 am
@glitterbag,
Louise Fletcher as Nurse Mildred Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 09:21 pm
@vonny,
Splender in the Grass was on last night. Warren Beatty was so young. Pat Hingle played Beatty's dad, and he was a well-intentioned sinister villian. He managed to ruin everything in his misguided way of building his view of utopia (for his family). It seems very dated, made in 1961, sometimes amusing sometimes obtuse, but at least a trip down memory lane. As it happens, I was far to young to see this picture when it was released, probably fortuitous because a young child would have been bored stiff.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 04:33 pm

Rap
0 Replies

Toobytherene

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Gary Oldman in The Professional
glitterbag

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:53 am
@Toobytherene,
The Entire cast was fantastic, the kids were brilliant;.fabulous; and extremely well prepared,they replacene

0 Replies