On Alternative Cancer Programs

cicerone imposter

Tue 31 Aug, 2010 10:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgar, I've always known that we all process food differently, but have always believed that everything in moderation was okay. I had three blood tests done during the past two weeks, and everything looks good except my platelets which reads below normal. The first CBC showed my platelets below 130, so my doc asked me to have another draw done a couple days later. It was again a little lower, so she asked me to have another test done. Everything looks okay, and my platelets are back to 130. I haven't heard from my doc, so everything must be okay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 1 Sep, 2010 04:18 am
Cheers, CI. Hope you stay well forever.
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgar, Heard about a new cure for cancer today. They use the patient's cancer to develop an anti-cancer drug. It has something to do with protein.
edgarblythe

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Let me know when they get it perfected.
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
You got my promise. BTW, I think some company in Southern California is developing this cure.
edgarblythe

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It would be wonderful if they came up with something that not only works, but which even a poor person could partake.
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, with universal health care... I've always been an advocate for universal health care. There's is no good reason why the richest country in the world doesn't have it.
edgarblythe

Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Agreed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:53 am
For about 40 years - The cure is practically around the corner - Donate more research money.
cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:54 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah; I know, because I went through radiation therapy for prostate cancer. After my treatment, I volunteered to become the local rep to collect donations from our neighbors. I did it once, but they kept hounding me to do it again and again.

I asked them to stop sending me the mailers, so they did stop. I used to get emails from them all the time, and I put them on Spam.

However, I must also say that before and during radiation treatment, I called the cancer society, and the people there answered all my questions. They were very supportive, but that's an entirely different issue than finding a cure for cancer.

I'm now in remission, but must have a PSA done once-a-year. Otherwise, my health is "normal" as can be expected.

0 Replies

High Seas

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 08:48 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

http://www.hydrazinesulfate.org/
A paper on hydrazine sulfate.

You may want to look up this link in case whatever supplement you're taking (sorry, but do you really eat rocket fuel?!) is listed:
http://nccam.nih.gov/research/results/
This particular chemical is listed: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/hydrazinesulfate/
edgarblythe

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 12:33 pm
@High Seas,
I am presenting material from the alternative point of view. I leave it to others to decide what they think.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 04:03 pm
AP - BOSTON – An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding: Bacteria that have been made resistant to nearly all antibiotics by an alarming new gene have sickened people in three states and are popping up all over the world, health officials reported Monday.

The U.S. cases and two others in Canada all involve people who had recently received medical care in India, where the problem is widespread. A British medical journal revealed the risk last month in an article describing dozens of cases in Britain in people who had gone to India for medical procedures.

How many deaths the gene may have caused is unknown; there is no central tracking of such cases. So far, the gene has mostly been found in bacteria that cause gut or urinary infections.

Scientists have long feared this — a very adaptable gene that hitches onto many types of common germs and confers broad drug resistance, creating dangerous "superbugs."

"It's a great concern," because drug resistance has been rising and few new antibiotics are in development, said Dr. M. Lindsay Grayson, director of infectious diseases at the University of Melbourne in Australia. "It's just a matter of time" until the gene spreads more widely person-to-person, he said.

Grayson heads an American Society for Microbiology conference in Boston, which was buzzing with reports of the gene, called NDM-1 and named for New Delhi.

The U.S. cases occurred this year in people from California, Massachusetts and Illinois, said Brandi Limbago, a lab chief at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Three types of bacteria were involved, and three different mechanisms let the gene become part of them.

"We want physicians to look for it," especially in patients who have traveled recently to India or Pakistan, she said.

What can people do?

Don't add to the drug resistance problem, experts say. Don't pressure your doctors for antibiotics if they say they aren't needed, use the ones you are given properly, and try to avoid infections by washing your hands.

The gene is carried by bacteria that can spread hand-to-mouth, which makes good hygiene very important.

It's also why health officials are so concerned about where the threat is coming from, said Dr. Patrice Nordmann, a microbiology professor at South-Paris Medical School. India is an overpopulated country that overuses antibiotics and has widespread diarrheal disease and many people without clean water.

"The ingredients are there" for widespread transmission, he said. "It's going to spread by plane all over the world."

The U.S. patients were not related. The California woman needed hospital care after being in a car accident in India. The Illinois man had pre-existing medical problems and a urinary catheter, and is thought to have contracted an infection with the gene while traveling in India. The case from Massachusetts involved a woman from India who had surgery and chemotherapy for cancer there and then traveled to the U.S.

Lab tests showed their germs were not killed by the types of drugs normally used to treat drug-resistant infections, including "the last-resort class of antibiotics that physicians go to," Limbago said.

She did not know how the three patients were treated, but all survived.

Doctors have tried treating some of these cases with combinations of antibiotics, hoping that will be more effective than individual ones are. Some have resorted to using polymyxins — antibiotics used in the 1950s and '60s that were unpopular because they can harm the kidneys.

The two Canadian cases were treated with a combination of antibiotics, said Dr. Johann Pitout of the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. One case was in Alberta, the other in British Columbia.

Both patients had medical emergencies while traveling in India. They developed urinary infections that were discovered to have the resistance gene once they returned home to Canada, Pitout said.

The CDC advises any hospitals that find such cases to put the patient in medical isolation, check the patient's close contacts for possible infection, and look for more infections in the hospital.

Any case "should raise an alarm," Limbago said.
edgarblythe

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 04:08 pm
In light of the above, last posted article:

»

Is Colloidal Silver a Natural Antibiotic?
Thursday, November 15th, 2007
The immune system is a complex network of organs, tissues, enzymes and cells that all work in concert to eliminate disease and keep people healthy. If an immune system is not strong enough to quickly fight a disease with a bacterial pathogen, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics. But with the current crop of news reports detailing the damages to the immune system that may come from the over prescription of antibiotics, many are choosing to turn to natural antibiotics like colloidal silver. Personal reports have detailed how taking true colloidal silver kills harmful germs while supporting the immune system.
One common theory to the effectiveness of colloidal silver states that when harmful bacteria and viruses are near this supplement, it disables the harmful pathogen’s oxygen metabolism enzyme. This particular enzyme is necessary for the bacteria and viruses to function. After it is disabled and killed, the immune system works to clear these from your body. This process is so safe that many hospitals use silver infused bandages to kill the bacteria that may inhibit the healing of a wound.
Silver may have a few advantages over antibiotics. Antibiotics inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, such as those which may cause disease, along with helpful and necessary bacteria, such as those that regulate the digestive system. This causes a number of unpleasant antibiotic side effects, such as vitamin deficiency and diarrhea. Testimonials suggest, however, that colloidal silver only kills harmful pathogens, while leaving the cells and bacteria that are natural to the human body untouched. This may be because the cells that are natural to the body have stronger walls than harmful bacteria cells, so the colloidal silver is able to enter and damage harmful cells, but not necessary ones.
Many have also claimed that colloidal silver has helped with diseases that have a viral pathogen, something that antibiotics simply cannot do.
Colloidal silver does not contribute to the growing epidemic of “super bugs,” that is, highly evolved bacteria that are resistant to both the natural immune system and antibiotics. Antibiotics are designed mostly to hinder the growth of bacteria, which allows them to survive and adapt the next time they encounter antibiotics. Colloidal silver is said to completely kill and eliminate pathogens, thus decreasing the speed at which they are able to adapt. When it comes to the immune system, colloidal silver plays a support role, rather than simply replacing the immune systems functions.
When taking colloidal silver as a natural antibiotic and to support the immune system, it is best and safest to get true colloidal silver. You can tell if a product is true colloidal silver if it has a very high silver particle concentration, has extremely small particles, has no taste, and requires no refrigeration. If refrigeration is required, it indicates that other products have been added to the colloidal silver which may spoil.

http://www.colloidal-silver-information.com/category/benefits/
0 Replies

High Seas

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 04:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

AP - BOSTON – An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding....The U.S. cases and two others in Canada all involve people who had recently received medical care in India, where the problem is widespread. A British medical journal revealed the risk last month in an article describing dozens of cases in Britain in people who had gone to India for medical procedures...

The "British medical journal" is The Lancet: http://www.thelancet.it/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099%2810%2970155-9/fulltext
Quote:
Superbug: The fatal menace of MRSA presents a popular history of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), focussing on the emergence of community-associated MRSA

MRSA is a disease of filth. That's no new "gene", just a mutation of the same MRSA bacterium that's been around for a while even in our own hospitals. In India 600 million people live without access to toilets - even Africa is cleaner. There's no need to panic unless you're going to an Indian hospital.

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Sep, 2010 05:31 pm
@High Seas,
Yeah, I read that, and I'm going to India for 24 days in November. The precaution I will take while there is to wash my hands often with sanitizer, and try not to touch things in public places.
High Seas

Wed 15 Sep, 2010 04:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's not enough. Unlike the Chinese when SARS deaths started in Hong Kong, the Indians deny that the New Delhi "superbug" strain originated there (an absurd claim since labs around the world have now confirmed it) and all their government has done about it is call it a "conspiracy" by pharmaceutical companies. The strain can attach itself to any other bacterial strain including those transmitted by air, so more protection is advisable. http://ksjtracker.mit.edu/2010/08/12/lots-of-ink-the-superbug-from-india-is-it-really-from-india-its-the-end-of-antibiotics-or-just-more-of-the-usual/
William70

Sun 19 Sep, 2010 09:37 am
My Mother received the news on friday that she has cancer of the pleura she goes back friday to see about her treatments, i'll be trawling the net to also find the best treatments...
edgarblythe

Sun 19 Sep, 2010 09:52 am
@William70,
Sad news, william. My best to her and to you for being a good son.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:07 am
@High Seas,
Perhaps a face mask is in order.
0 Replies