Wayne Dyer Leukemia

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:12 pm
A couple of weeks ago, motivational speaker and author Dr. Wayne Dyer stated on his radio show "Excuses Begone" that he had "some things going on in his body." He did not elaborate on it at that time. However earlier today during Dr. Dyer's program on Hay House Radio, a caller referenced the aforementioned comments. This time, Dyer provided some details behind his health situation.
Dyer stated that he has "Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia" (CLL) which he says is "not life threatening" for him. While many people would certainly fear this type of news, Dr. Dyer appears nonplussed, stating that he is "totally confident and at peace with it." He will be spending some time at The Chopra Center, operated by Dyer's longtime friend, Dr. Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra. Chopra has been in touch with him nearly every day since Dyer learned of the condition. Dyer said that he will be "working with a holistic oncologist" while at The Chopra Center.
While concluding his short talk about this situation, Dr. Dyer said that he is "excited about the prospect of dealing with it." In the best case scenario, Dyer noted that he "can live the rest of his life without any difficulties from it (the condition)."
Dr. Dyer has helped thousands of people around the world for many years. Let's pray for him and keep him in our thoughts.

If anybody can deal with it, Wayne can - edgarblythe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 34,305 • Replies: 17
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
We differ on all this, edgarb. I won't post further.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:23 pm
Hollistic medicine tries alternative approaches, but does not eschew conventional treatment, if necessary. I don't see the problem.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 10:15 am
What did you think he would say? That's he's off the deep end, suicidal, considering flipping out, hysterical, depressed, coping by having gambling/drinking/sex/shopping/eating binges?

Those things are for all the rest of us.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 01:03 pm
@sullyfish6,
Not sure I understand your point.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 07:31 am
Dyer is the guru of the rational/emotional thinker. He advocates that attitude and outlook is everything and can affect even life- threatening diseases. He's going to use his own philosophy in this journey. It will be interesting to watch and hear. I didn't mean to be flippant, but I don't expect to see him on a drinking binge or acting out like many of us would do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:42 am
Quote:
What is Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia?
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is the most common adult leukemia. The average age of diagnosis is 65 to 67 years of age. The cause of CLL remains unknown. Numerous environmental and genetic causes are being investigated. In some patients CLL can remain very slow-growing for years and may never require therapy, while in others it may act much more aggressively. It needs to be regularly monitored by an expert.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia/

Don't confuse CLL with the type of leukemia that strikes children. CLL is (as its name implies) a chronic disease . People can live with it for years.

I hope that Dr. Dyer has a good oncologist. He needs to be watched medically. Saying that, I think that alternative medicine may be a good option in dealing with this disease from the quality of life point of view.

BTW, as many of you know, I had lymphoma that was arrested medically, going on 20 years ago. The medical procedures helped kill the disease, but the holistic measures that I used kept my head together during this time. Chicken or egg???
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 01:41 pm
I don't understand a few people's hostility to the article I posted. I can only surmise some feel threatened that their own preconceived notions will get shaken. Somebody even tagged the thread 'voodoo,' possibly not understanding the meaning of the word. I would guess the person is in some way running scared. I think these people don't understand that Dyer's treatment will possibly include conventional treatment to complement the other approach being used.
0 Replies

pata

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:03 am
Wayne Dyer is the best and I will read Excuses Begone for myself and my faith in him. He has made a tremendous impact in my life. I would write a book about it if I could. Suffice to say that Dr. Dyer is a real person and succeeds through unbelievable odds. And always will.
0 Replies

frances c

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 07:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
god bless him and keep him safe, he is a ligt worker and the light will save him.............angelwings
0 Replies

leopardhunting

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 09:01 am
There is no sickness nor disease that did not manifest first in the mind. Change your mind, change your life. No matter what his outcome is, we all who believe in these philosophies will continue to strive to achieve all that we are capable of. It may be too soon for mankind to receive this powerful knowledge, all things work with the blessing of time. Be patient and allow us (humans) to grow in Love and Knowledge.
0 Replies

Angelchakra

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 12:44 am
prayers are with you Wayne. Bright Blessings!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:39 pm

Dyer stated that he has "Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia" (CLL) which he says is "not life threatening" for him. While many people would certainly fear this type of news, Dr. Dyer appears nonplussed, stating that he is "totally confident and at peace with it." He will be spending some time at The Chopra Center, operated by Dyer's longtime friend, Dr. Deepak Chopra. Chopra has been in touch with him nearly every day since Dyer learned of the condition. Dyer said that he will be "working with a holistic oncologist" while at The Chopra Center.

While concluding his short talk about this situation, Dr. Dyer said that he is "excited about the prospect of dealing with it." In the best case scenario, Dyer noted that he "can live the rest of his life without any difficulties from it (the condition)."

0 Replies

solow

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes, Dr. Dyer will be on my mind, and on my morning walk on the beach I will connect with the universe & I will project my love for Dr.Dyer, but let us not forget Dr. Dyer is not coming & he is not leaving. Namaste to all
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 09:17 pm
Dr. Dyer announced his illness three years ago. Does anyone know what his status is now?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 09:18 pm
@JLNobody,
I saw him on public TV a few weeks ago. He looked as healthy as a horse. (a healthy horse)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:15 am
@edgarblythe,
at the 12:30 mark he talks about his spiritual surgery (surgeon in Brazil, Dyer in Hawaii) which he credits with curing him.

http://www.spiritualmediablog.com/2012/06/15/wayne-dyer-interview-on-leukemia-healing/
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:33 am
@hawkeye10,
sounds like he is still about where he was with "the power of intention" except now he says to perfect it one must become God.
0 Replies