Can some help me with some Grammar Quiz questions?

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 07:08 am
1. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Everyone in the World must have happiness.

Options: No Errors, Punctuation, Capitalization, Grammar.

2. Pick The Word That Doesn't Fit: The best to the world is based on love and compassion.

Options: The, world, love, to.

3. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Capitalization Rules are confusing!

Options: Punctuation, Grammar, Capitalization, No Errors.

4. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: The beaches of Lake Erie are not in the coast, but people still go there for vacation.

5. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Sophi's sleazy salesman husband don't like any of his wife's friends.

Note: You can choose only one answer for each question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,884 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 07:32 am
@gowthamant,
World shouldn't be capitalised

To should be of

Rules shouldn't be capitalised

In should be on

Don't should be doesn't

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 11:03 am
@gowthamant,
Quote:
1. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Everyone in the World must have happiness.

Options: No Errors, Punctuation, Capitalization, Grammar.

Given only those options Gow I'm flummoxed. Its logic is flawed. Two possible meanings: (a) God's wish but nullified by Satan's activities

(b) Regardless of the latter's evil intent, everyone at times has a little; in other words, …must have at least some happiness

Quote:
2. Pick The Word That Doesn't Fit: The best to the world is based on love and compassion.

Options: The, world, love, to.
My reaction is much the same as above. "The best to the world…." makes no sense at all. We'd have to know exactly what's meant

Quote:
3. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Capitalization Rules are confusing!

Also open to interpretation. Our first reaction is, as Hinge says above, that "Rules" shouldn't be cap. However the sentence is perfectly okay if "Capitalization Rules," for instance, is the title of an article or the chapter in a book

Quote:
5. Identify the type of error present in the following sentence: Sophi's sleazy salesman husband don't like any of his wife's friends.

It's pretty clear per Hinge, "don't" should be "doesn't"-- unless you permit the collo
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 06:04 pm
hingehead got it right. Dale, there are different options for each example; read the post again.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 12:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yea Andy in a couple of cases did I carry my response beyond the requirements of the OP but only because I thought it might be of interest

If not I can only apologize most profusely

I have to agree tho that I do get carried away with this stuff
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 02:05 pm
@dalehileman,
That is to say Andy I don't at all disagree with Hinge, just speculating on a couple of points not entirely clear
0 Replies