Signs a Guy Likes Me

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 06:51 am
I'm a 16 year old girl that's in love with one of my guy friends. How can I know if he likes me FOR SURE? I've already researched online, but haven't been able to find much beyond the basics (i.e. "he will look at you a lot, he seems nervous around you, ect...).
Thanks so much!
Savannah R.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,258 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 08:38 am
@Savvy1419,
Good morning!

There are tons of confusing snippets of information out there. People do, mostly, behave similarly when it comes to showing attraction (as a lot of that is a cross between cultural norms and cues, and evolution, e. g. people smile because we know, culturally, it works. We wash because that works out in an evolutionary sense, as people who wash tend to live longer because they get fewer diseases and they tend to mate more because they smell better), but there are always outliers.

Therefore, as opposed to kind of generic questions such as, "does he look in your eyes a lot?" I'd rather you asked yourself questions more like this -
  • Do you spend a lot of time together?
  • Are you treated with courtesy, decency and respect?
  • Are there impediments, e. g. there's already a girlfriend in the picture?
  • Does this person seem proud of being with you, sharing their time with you and others because they think you're great, or are they hiding their time with you from others?

Or you can take the bull by the horns, and ask. E. g. Steve*, we've been friends for a long time, and I really love spending time with you. And now I'm getting a vibe that you like me. Do you? Because I definitely like you that way.

And see what happens.

*If his name is Bill, don't call him Steve.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 12:47 pm
I think it's important to read other people right. So if you can't "read" that he cares for you, then don't assume anything.

Dial back on the "love" thing and just express yourself to him as a caring person who would like to get to know him better. You don't want to scare him away.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 12:54 pm
@Savvy1419,
What signs do you give him that you are interested in him?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 01:00 pm
@Savvy1419,
Why do you have to ask if he likes you FOR SURE? Can't you just enjoy your friendship and see what happens? Forget about looking for signs - forget about trying to research it online - just relax and have fun. At 16 you shouldn't be in such a hurry to get tied down emotionally.

I'm not being unsympathetic - just concerned that you are wasting time looking for signs of commitment, when you could be getting to know him better, and enjoying life. Take it one day at a time - let the relationship develop naturally.
0 Replies

Michael Lalwani

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 01:14 am
@Savvy1419,
Hello,
If someone likes you then he/she looks at you with lovely+naughty smile on their face. They constantly buzz around you and ask small small things.
0 Replies