Not My Blue Days

max-yc

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:39 am
This is my first essay(part 1) which I wrote in 2002. I don't know how many mistakes i 've made in this essay,please help me to correct them and give me some suggestions. thanks alot!

PART 1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 8
No top replies

tycoon

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:46 am
Wrong color to put on your pallette, IMO. Blue is sad. You're bursting. Try red. It's the first true color of spring, the season of love. A bud about to burst is red. One must look closely, but red it is.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 01:47 am
Max, I like your essay very much. It is exuberant and honest--two good qualities. There are many mistakes in English. I don't have time now to correct them all. I'll come back. Maybe I'll do a little at a time.
0 Replies

max-yc

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 07:05 am
Thank you tycoon! you give me a very good suggestion,and i've learnd "red stand for the first true color of spring" from you too.

Roberta, thank you so much to have read my essay,my essay is too long...and could you please help me to correct one or two paragraphs... Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:40 pm
PART 1

I do believe miraculous things happen on unexpected mornings or evenings. I mean, by the way, the following story was the miraculous thing, which happened to me all of a sudden. Ah, mind you to be patience, and read my story with a bottle of coke or something else.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 01:15 am
I still remember it was noon on a sunny day when I was having my lunch when a beauty in a red T—shirt came to my eyes. I was excited to see such a pretty girl, although beauty is everywhere on our campus. I was also surprised to see that she had an incredible action (Not clear what this means) when she used her chopsticks and napkin. Her chopsticks were a mess, and she used her napkin in the dishes. (Not clear what this means) Such bad manners destroyed my perfect impression of her. I wondered why beautiful ladies frequently have bad manners.
0 Replies

max-yc

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:24 am
Ohhh... ohh.. I noticed that I had made lots of mistakes in English.

I modified the two uncleared sentences from I was also surprised to see that she had an incredible action when she used her chopsticks and napkin. Her chopsticks were a mess, and she used her napkin in the dishes.

to

I was so surprised at the way her holding chopsticks and napkin. Her chopsticks were all in a mess, and she had her napkin on the dishes.

I compared my sentences with the corrected one by Roberta, I realized that my grammar is very poor,especially the use of Tenses and some prepositions.

Special thanks to Roberta, from the bottom of my heart!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:21 am
max-yc wrote:

I was so surprised at the way her holding chopsticks and napkin. Her chopsticks were all in a mess, and she had her napkin on the dishes.

I compared my sentences with the corrected one by Roberta, I realized that my grammar is very poor,especially the use of Tenses and some prepositions.

Special thanks to Roberta, from the bottom of my heart!

I was so surprised at the way she held her chopsticks

just 'in a mess' - leave out the 'all'

what is your first language?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:09 am
Yes, Max, you made lots of English mistakes. But I like your story. I'm reluctant to change all of it to make it perfect English. I think it will lose some of its charm. I'll fix more when I have time.

I appreciate your big thanks. You're very welcome.
0 Replies