What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 994 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:08 pm
I think the choices are a demonstration of the extent to which folk wisdom assures its place in our hearts by providing convenient "saws" to describe any outcome . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 01:55 am
I think, "Hmmm . . . interesting."
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
It would depend on the level of commitment for me. Lots of commitment I could wait any length of time. No commitment and it would be out of sight out of mind.

Absence IMH cannot make the heart grow fonder. Bir does it mean everytthing falls apart but lake of intimancy both physical and just plain being in the same room will always trump abcense.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
Depends on how you spend your time with your love out of your sight.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 08:38 pm
My father used to say "absence makes the heart grow yonder."
So much more comes into play with this type of situation, as JoanneD stated. Age, commitment, how often the two parties can come together physically...in my own personal experience, it never worked. Absence was just absemce. period.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:27 pm
It definitely depends on the commitment and how you feel about one another. Absence in itself does not make the heart go fonder, and neither does outta sight outta mind mean much. If you feel deeply about some one, no matter the distance and time, you will stay committed. If you this feeling is not there it is gone in a matter of hours.

Personally I had both situations. I had a "serious" boyfriend before entering college. He was a couple years older and working. I was going off to college. Far enough to live there, but close enough to come home weekends. Well, I was planning on coming home my first weekend to see my boyfriend. I met a senior after my first couple of days at college. He invited me to a party for that first weekend. Suddenly my weekend plans changed and I was attending a party instead of seeing my boyfriend. A month or two later, we were no longer a couple. Outta sight outta mind.

However, I met this one man on vacation. He lived almost across country from me. We went and visited back and forth several times over a year or two. He moved here and we are now married. Absence seemed to work in this case.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 10:01 pm
I'd have to say 'Heart grows fonder' because the more time my wife and I spend apart, the better our relationship.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:40 am
Tuner I agree - that is why I moved to Tejas all my exes are else where Very Happy
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 03:46 pm
"All my exes live in Texas", thats a song right?
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:47 pm
Yeah, it's a song.

"And that's why I live in Tenessee." Is how I think the next line goes.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:07 pm
With all the unsureness about this song...I think George Strait sings it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:50 pm
Seriously?....who knew!
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:25 pm
I feel both apply. There is no right answer. Of course when that person is not around your not going to think of them because you don't see them. Yet at the same time when they do come back around feelings will surface again if you truly loved that person.
0 Replies