How some Democrats view things...

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:06 pm
Guess which quote from Democratic Underground is not real:

[All quotes deal with the death of the four dead American contractors whose bodies were dragged through the streets and hung from a bridge in Fallujah]

-Contractors wear hardhats and carry lunch pails - These guys are mercenaries.
-Death to ALL mercenaries. The beer is on me.
-Sad, if I were the wife I would have said hell no you won't go; the wife must have said great pay-check and the hubby, yeah, can buy a Hummer when I get back.
-These swine were MERCENARIES. Paid Hessians. Murderers for hire.
-They're worse than Al-Queda. At least Al-Queda is fighting for a cause.
-I say "too bad, so sad, bye-bye."
-They are Mercenaries - They are in it for the money, they are thugs and hoodlums, working outside the boundaries of the law. And yesterday the Resistance got even with 4 of them in a barbecue ceremony, that alas pushed the bounds of good taste.
-Mercenaries - These men are just serial killers with a good retirement plan. They deserve what they get.

Answer below.

Suprise! They are all real. Every single one of those comments above were posted by real people on this DU thread.

I don't even have to make this stuff up. The DU is a gold mine of people making jokes of themselves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,272 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:13 pm
I was going to pick the first quote because it sounds almost rational. The people at DU seem to be in a constant state of not-quite-suppressed rage, so the first quote didn't seem to fit.

DU would be an interesting place to read if the members would post rational arguments, like this board. But it's more like a pack of rabid animals - very disturbing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:18 pm
gosh I have to wonder just how hard it would be to find really assinine statements from "some" conservatives?
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:36 pm
It's easy. But I rarely see conservatives advocating someone's death or laughing when it happens the way the DU members do. Maybe I'm just not visiting the right forums.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:38 pm
Actually, a conservative here at AckAck threatened to kill me in a PM he sent me. The second time it happened, i reported it to the moderators, although that time, he simply offered to beat hell ouf of me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Actually, a conservative here at AckAck threatened to kill me in a PM he sent me. The second time it happened, i reported it to the moderators, although that time, he simply offered to beat hell ouf of me.

That's not right. We may never see eye-to-eye on any subject, but I would never wish violence on you or any other member of A2K. It doesn't matter to me how liberal you are, violence has no place in discussion.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:40 pm
I would never threaten to kill you. I might feed Ex-Lax to your bunny though. Very Happy
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:43 pm
Quote:
But I rarely see conservatives advocating someone's death or laughing when it happens the way the DU members do.

Hmmm.. I must have hallucinated all of the comments from the right-wingers at the Baltimore Sun's site, who were thrilled at Rachel Corrie's death, especially the one who said that the the israelis should have raped her before they killed her.
Or the guy who boasted of having a barbecue on the anniverseries of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
What about the chap at the Rocky Mountain News bboerd who wrote that he "rejoices" every time an abortion clinic is bombed?
No, conservatives would never do those things. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:44 pm
I suppose it's fair to say that idiocy is not constrained by time, place or political affiliation.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:46 pm
That would to sum it up nicely. Damn you for being so reasonable! Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:49 pm
But THIS thread is dealing with the idiots that claim to be democrats. So, in the interest of fairness, any are welcome to find equally detestable diatribes from republicans and start another thread. Just a suggestion.

I find it deplorable that the fine, upstanding group of democrats and liberals we have here at A2K would want to be associated with the type of people who would write the abject filth that can be found above.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:51 pm
Who said any liberuhl here would want to associate with them?

Anyway, we're often cordial and courteous to you, McG, an' Tarantalus, Fedral--the usual suspects. I would opine that if they knew us, we would be unwelcome among that bunch. Which suits me just fine.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:56 pm
McGentrix wrote:
But THIS thread is dealing with the idiots that claim to be democrats. So, in the interest of fairness, any are welcome to find equally detestable diatribes from republicans and start another thread. Just a suggestion.

I find it deplorable that the fine, upstanding group of democrats and liberals we have here at A2K would want to be associated with the type of people who would write the abject filth that can be found above.

Are you for real with that? This is not even guilt by association; this is guilt by ideological similarity. You really want a board that is just a collection of quotes from wingnuts of one particular affiliation? Kee-rikey. And I'm generally willing to see the dark side of everybody.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:00 pm
It may or may not have been me who threatened to kill setanta...I can't be expected to remember everything.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:02 pm
patiodog wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Are you for real with that? This is not even guilt by association; this is guilt by ideological similarity. You really want a board that is just a collection of quotes from wingnuts of one particular affiliation? Kee-rikey. And I'm generally willing to see the dark side of everybody.

If I just wanted that, I certainly would not still be here on A2K...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:03 pm
I have a lengthening file on you Mr. Mountie . . .

I will say no more . . .
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:04 pm
blatham: I'm sure you did. Indeed, I think all of us, at some point, have threatened to kill Setanta. It happens so often, I'm pretty sure it's not considered a TOS violation any more.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:04 pm
Setanta speaks wisdom. I think few in the loyal opposition here would condone the contemptible (and patently ignorant) comments gleaned from the DU. And yes, I know a few right-wingers who fall into the ignorant category.

One of the hardest things in the world is to commend/compliment your opponent when it is warranted and to condemn/criticize your side when it is warranted.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:07 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
blatham: I'm sure you did. Indeed, I think all of us, at some point, have threatened to kill Setanta. It happens so often, I'm pretty sure it's not considered a TOS violation any more.

I had heard that . . .
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:12 pm
blatham wrote:
It may or may not have been me who threatened to kill setanta...I can't be expected to remember everything.

I KNEW there was something familiar about that avatar!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/d8e8a4d73efed5d461c19.jpg

http://www.pseudology.org/images/Hitler.jpg
0 Replies