How do we continue now?

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:07 am
My husband and I have had some very hard times lately. The stress on both of us is overwhelming. We fight constantly. Some time ago he decided to make some changes that needed to be made. He told me some rather disturbing things, cruel things. "I'm not in love with you" "I don't want you" "I want to see other people" "I was going to divorce you" "It's my way or the highway" I have said cruel things before too. Now I don't trust him anymore as I once did. I really didn't want my marriage to end. We've had so many years together. So, I decided I would make a change too. About a month later, he said it was all a lie and he said that to motivate me, as I had gotten lazy & depressed. A recent fight led to something that should have never happened. We both said and did stupid things, but it went way beyond control. I don't want to end my marriage but talking to him about it only seems to irritate him even more. I'm trying to get past it but I'm not sure how I can. Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 492 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:40 am
@donna270,
Marriage counseling. If he won't go then go without him.

You've lost yourselves somewhere along the way. Neither of you are the people you want to be. You can go back if you both truly want to but it won't be easy and you'll more likely be successful with some professional support.
donna270

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 06:37 am
@JPB,
Thank you for the advice JPB. You are right we have lost ourselves. I want to be a better person, the person that I once was. I just don't want to have to do that without him. He just seems so distant. I will look into getting counseling and find a way to make it work.
0 Replies