could someone please help me paraphrase this sentence?

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:04 am
@McTag,
Quote:
He can't remember who he's insulting now.

On this, factually, you're wrong, McTag. But you've made it abundantly clear that you are ready to use any and all manner of deception to avoid actually addressing the language issues.

And speaking of insulting. You've likely had a lifetime passing off these insulting prescriptions as actual language based rules. You've been insulting people's perfectly natural language use for how long now?

You continue to do it, in your own words, you "disparage" language "you think is wrong/inappropriate". It's amazing your temerity, considering just how ignorant you are about the workings of the English language.

Even when it's clearly explained to you how silly one of your "rules" is you go on disparaging those who actually use English correctly.

And when you mount a defense for your "rules", it consists entirely of going off track with these silly little diversions like you have in this post I'm replying to.
McTag

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 11:52 am
@JTT,
Partonising twaddle, to go with the rest of the insults which are your stock-in-trade.
Your effortless grasp of all the "language issues" (if we are to take your word for that) has somehow removed your sense of what is appropriate, assuming you had any to begin with.
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:48 pm
@McTag,
And when you mount a defense for your "rules", it consists entirely of going off track with these silly little diversions like you have in this post I'm replying to.
McTag

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 11:57 pm
@JTT,

What "rules" am I supposed to be "mounting a defence" of?

Look, I ended a sentence with a preposition.

You silly, twisted twat.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 07:03 am
@McTag,
Quote:
What "rules" am I supposed to be "mounting a defence" of?

My dog, but you are a liar, McTag.

Quote:
It's rather poor writing,

Quote:
Apart from not being readily understood by a diligent and enquiring reader, you mean?

You screwed yourself over with this. As I have already mentioned, you and Setanta had no problem understanding it. Yet you can't show how it "rather poor writing".

McTag

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 07:30 am
@JTT,

I think you are willfully misunderstanding much of what I write.

The "reader" I was referring to was the OP, of course, not me or Setanta. Any fool could readily understand that, but not you. Instead of applying some common sense and judgement, you are determined to make your petty little points.

Secondly, what gives you the right to fire off questions and demand answers? You are a blight, a blot on the landscape, and you have no credibility here.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:23 pm
@McTag,
You said it was "rather poor writing" yet you can't show how it is "rather poor writing".
McTag

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 02:59 am
@JTT,

I wouldn't say "can't".

I joined this thread to help the OP, not you.
JTT

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 07:55 am
@McTag,
Quote:
I wouldn't say "can't".

Yeah, sure, M, now pull the other one.
0 Replies