Am I pregnant? If so, what's wrong?

Natab

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 08:36 pm
I know some of this is going to be gross but I really need an answer. I have had sex in the past month and my period is about 5 days late but it's been irregular for the past couple of months and until recently I was taking birth control pills. I've been constantly hungry like there's a black hole in my stomach and I've also been wanting foods that I wouldn't usually. I have gas, slight diarrhea, horrible stomach aches and cramps, nausea, at one point there was vomiting, and I'm really tired. I'm also moody and hot all the time. I hurt everywhere especially my back and legs and I keep getting headaches. I have a hard time getting comfy when I'm trying to lie down and I wake up earlier than usual. I haven't been going to the bathroom more than usual but when I do I pee for a long time. I'm bloated and I've gained weight. That's pretty much all I can think of right now. If you do think I'm pregnant do you have any tips or websites that could help me? I could really use it. I've had those symptoms for about two weeks now and just this morning I woke up and I had vaginal bleeding. It wasn't a lot but still it was a considerable amount. I didn't really think it could be implantation bleeding because it was enough to be a light period and I got worried. I don't know whether it's normal with pregnancy or if it means there's something wrong with the baby. Does anyone know what's wrong or if it's normal? Several people have already told me that they think it's very likely that I am pregnant but if so I don't understand why I would be bleeding like this then. I am pretty sure that it's not my period because I've never had any of these symptoms with my period except maybe a small stomach ache. I've also had very irregular periods and haven't actually had vaginal bleeding from a period in months. I already have a doctor's appointment but it's not for another week and I can't get a test at the moment. I need to know if it seems like I am pregnant and if so what could be causing the bleeding.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 08:41 pm
@Natab,
There are home pregnancy tests. Buy one, follow the directions (this is important) and take the test. And then you'll know.

Otherwise, if you aren't pregnant, it sounds like a touch of flu/food poisoning plus a light period.

Or you could visit a doctor.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:31 pm
@jespah,
If the pregnancy tests shows that you may be pregnant, be sure to let your doctor know about the bleeding. It could be an issue of incompatible Rh factors in yours and the baby's blood.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/your_pregnancy/rh.html
JPB

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 05:27 am
@Butrflynet,
Not in a first time pregnancy. And, unless she's in a third world country, she would receive a shot of RhoGam after every Rh incompatible pregnancy to prevent the formation of anti-Rh antibodies. It's a problem that wide fairly common through the '50-60s, but has pretty much been eliminated.

That said, I agree with the rest of your post. I wouldn't even take the pregnancy test at home. Unusual or unexplained bleeding should be cause to make an appt with a doctor, preferably a gynecologist. They'll do a pregnancy test at the office.
0 Replies