Missing Period and I'm panicing.

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 01:25 pm
So I usually have normal periods, and haven't had sex for about 3 months. But recently, About a week and few days ago; I had sex with my boyfriend 3 times. Now that I should be having my period, it hasn't appeared. I know it's too early to be thinking that I might be pregnant but also, feel that because I havent had sex for 3 months and then, did. My period might be acting up because of that. I really need help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,230 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 01:34 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
Periods can be irregular.
Also, if you didn't use protection, of course you may be pregnant.
Not all protection is equal, but some is better than none.
Time will tell.

One thing though, periods don't act up because you had sex but for one reason, implantation.
They can act up for other reasons, less likely if you have been fairly consistent with them.
KarlaTisnado

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I'm hoping I'm not.
But the reason why I think it could've been why Sex could of caused it was because I read it in another forum and also, search it up.
Also, because I went from not having sex to having sex.

Found this Via website.
1. A Change In Your Regular Routine: Did you start a new job? Change your wakeup time? Go on vacation? It can take your body a little time to adjust to a change in your regular routine and that can impact your regular cycle, especially if the change started at the time you would normally ovulate, causing a delay or even a skipped cycle.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 02:39 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
No, nothing at all to do with it.
Not having sex for three months only makes you horny when you're ovulating. Also, if you had sex for three months, same thing.

Your cycle can be impacted by many things, I already said that, but not by your not having sex for three months.
JPB

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 02:42 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
Did you use protection?

You said, "Now that I should be having my period..."

What was the start date of your previous period?

When did you expect to start your period that is late?

Edit: Also, what exactly do you mean by a "week and few days ago"? Did you have sex three times on the same day? Which date(s)?
JPB

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 02:47 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Your cycle can be impacted by many things....

Not the least of which is stressing out about being pregnant or being a few days late.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 02:50 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
You're not going to change anything now, Karla. What's done is done or what's not done isn't done.

I know that it's not easy to not worry but let me just say, "don't worry"; it won't do you one bit of good.

How early on do the OTC pregnancy test kits work?
0 Replies

KarlaTisnado

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 04:20 pm
@JPB,
No, I didn't.
My last period wasn't calculated but I'm pretty sure it was in the 20s'.
I expect it probably 2 days ago because me and my boyfriend's mother always get our periods around the same time since we live with each other.
I know that I had sex last week, then this Sunday and also Monday.
JPB

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:15 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
Ok, to answer JTTs question, OTC pregnancy tests work as early as the first day after a missed period. If it was "in the 20s" and your bf's mother started two days ago then chances are good that you're both on a full moon cycle (normal for many women who don't take bcps to artificially change their cycle).

Let's say you began your last period on June 23rd (June full moon). You say your cycles are pretty regular so that would have you ovulating around July 7th. Contrary to public opinion, lunar cycles are not always 28 days. The lunar cycle for June-July is almost 30 days. July's full moon was on June 23rd (around when bf's mother started her period. Unless you had unprotected sex (STOP THAT!!!) between July 7th and 10th then it's unlikely that you're pregnant.

There are no absolutes or guarantees even with someone who usually has a normal cycle. Stop stressing -- the dates don't line up in favor of you being pregnant -- but buy an OTC pregnancy test if you haven't started by Saturday. Believe the results. Chances are you'll start your period as soon as you see a negative test result.
KarlaTisnado

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:13 pm
@JPB,
Thank you very much. This really helps me out. I'll definitely keep you updated ifI need any more advice on this.
And I will definitely stop.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:35 pm
@KarlaTisnado,
Why on earth do you take your boyfriend's mother period as related to yours so precisely?

You are being a fool, listening to rumors.

Please, look online for information about female cycles. I'd start with Mayo Clinic.
0 Replies