Urgent help!

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:29 am
Hey guys;

I have this amazing girl I knew for like a year. Just a few 'weeks' after we knew each other we start feeling a kind of attraction and got very close to each other. But then I was too coward to make my move and things began taking a long time to happen and eventually we ended up as "nice friends" and then she got a boyfriend. But, the attraction between me and her was still there. At least from MY side (and im 100% sure of it)

She loves her boyfriend and they're spending good time together. During that time I called her a few times, saw her like once to twice...but then we gradually stopped contacting each other (she stopped calling)
I still have feelings for her and I DO want to be with her...but she has a boyfriend, so that was pushing me away...

BUT, just last night, we were chatting on MSN, and after confessing that she's been a "terrible friend" to me, she told me that she broke up with her boyfriend a couple of days ago.

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!
The best news I heard for ages!!

She says she misses me, and she's soo much looking forward to seeing me.
I have the same feeling

The attraction is still there.
I just need to make the move.
I want to make the move.
I just don't know when.

The question is: She recently broke up with her boyfriend. Is it a good idea to approach her NOW?? Or shall I give her some space to recover from that break up???
Shall I do it now or shall I wait? And if I should wait, well for how long?? I can't wait for too long! I just can't!! I love the girl, she's damn amazing!! And she has somethings for me too!!

But I don't want to make the move in the wrong time!!

Advice please!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,195 • Replies: 15
No top replies

caprice

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:54 am
I hope someone gives ya advice 'cause mine doesn't come from experience in this situation.

On the one hand, you don't want to be her rebound guy. On the other you don't want to wait. But then again, you sound as though you've built up this girl in your mind -- a romance with her might end up disappointing you.

You're young, right?

From what you've described (and granted it has your spin on it and so it isn't entirely unbiased) I'd say you should go for it NOW. You've been given another chance, so take it. Just prepare yourself for possible rejection.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:55 am
Oh, and good luck! Smile
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:20 am
You want this girl!?!?!?!?! Then you need to be a REALLY good friend right now! Listen, Talk, Be there for her, Spend more time together! Show her that she means a lot to you as a friend and then some! Then when you feel in your heart that the time is right tell her.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:00 pm
mikeymike ur advice sounds pretty good and effective:
I don't have to make the BIG MOVE now, just be there and talk and give her a shoulder to cry on...(I feel she needs it)...then when we get closer and closer (which will happen in a short time)...ill make the BIG BANG! :p
what do you think guys??!?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 04:33 am
okay she said she's gonna call me this week for us to meet.
I can either:
1) wait for her call, and not call unless she does
2) call her today just to say hello and wait for her call again
3) call her today, and in the weekend and request a meeting
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:04 am
Now when she said she was going to call you this week to meet, was that just for meeting or are you aloud to call her to chat?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:16 am
she said she's gonna call (we'll chat and everything, since it's been a long time ever since we talked on the phone) .. and during this call we'll decide on a meeting (cause when I asked her last week, she said she's free this week and she'll give me a call about it)

Still waiting for the call!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:29 pm
Okay - well the week is over and she didn't call. I just talked to her on MSN now and found out she's been going out and spending a good time and everything..

Though she promised to call

Now how would you explain that?
And what shall I do NOW? lol
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 01:32 pm
Are you still obsessing about that same chick? Move on dude. You missed your chance. You have been firmly planted in the friend category. Get over it. She can have you anytime she wants, knows it, and will continue to be bored with that reality for as long as it exists. Your only hope would be to make her jealous by moving on and letting her know you did. This obsession is not only unhealthy; it will only serve to make you more of a bore. I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but here goes: Women will usually tell you they want a devoted, sensitive, caring man who has eyes only for them. This may be true of some single moms who have given up hope or a woman, one who's exhausted from the "dating scene" or who's already contemplating marriage; but it is not a reality in the normal dating scene. They don't get all dressed up and beautiful to compete for our attention. They do it to compete with each other. Women on this site may scream foul!, but there's hardly a man alive who hasn't noticed he gets twice the attention when he's already accompanied by a woman. Your "undying devotion" is interpreted as a sign of desperation, which is of course very unattractive. GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE! Living with this hope is a sad alternative to seeking mutual affection. I'm not explaining this reality for you to plot your strategy and increase your chances with this girl. Said increase in chances; is merely a curious by-product of doing what is in your own best interest in the first place. MOVE ON!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 04:57 pm
Speaking strictly for myself, Bill, I've always found sensitive, caring men very attractive. It's the needy ones that turn me off. And vonderjohn comes across as very needy.

She's not interested, vj. Bill is right. Move on.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:06 pm
Its not over yet! Make the move show the initiative! But dont show to much you dont want to scare her away! Call her! What have you got to lose anyways right? She's not here now so what's a call going to hurt! Well I wish you the best let us all know what happens!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 02:42 pm
lol
Bill..
Guys..she's not the same chick I was talking about last time! It's over with that other one..im now IGNORING her and I am MOVING ON..

It's another girl im talking about this time - I've known her for a year or so and she used to have a boyfriend, and during that time we had NO contacts. So in other words I haven't been planted in that "friend" category yet. Now she broke off with her boyfriend and she wants to meet. Promised to call and she didn't, so I was wondering what to do now?

One thing you said Bill about not showing that im needy and MOVING ON..I think that's exactly what im gonna do, so whenever that girl talks to me i'll simply be indicating to her that im having loads of fun with friends and going out and so on and ill send her pictures of me with my friends having fun and all, in that way she'll be realizing that im moving on, and this is when she'll probably try to approach.

How does that sound?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 10:06 pm
vonderjohn wrote:
lol
Bill..
Guys..she's not the same chick I was talking about last time! It's over with that other one..im now IGNORING her and I am MOVING ON..

It's another girl im talking about this time - I've known her for a year or so and she used to have a boyfriend, and during that time we had NO contacts. So in other words I haven't been planted in that "friend" category yet. Now she broke off with her boyfriend and she wants to meet. Promised to call and she didn't, so I was wondering what to do now?

One thing you said Bill about not showing that im needy and MOVING ON..I think that's exactly what im gonna do, so whenever that girl talks to me i'll simply be indicating to her that im having loads of fun with friends and going out and so on and ill send her pictures of me with my friends having fun and all, in that way she'll be realizing that im moving on, and this is when she'll probably try to approach.

How does that sound?
(Try to take this as constructive and remember; sensitivity is not my long suit.) How does that sound? Like a pathetic manipulative jerk, who stands a 95% chance of tripping the "loser radar" on any worthwhile girl's screen. Why all the scheming? Try this:
Hey darlin, I was just thinking of you and wondered if you've had dinner yet? (Silence) If she's busy tonight: How about tomorrow night? (Silence) If she doesn't say yes or suggest another night herself, then you have to come to grips with the FACT she is not interested. Get over it and try someone else. It doesn't mean you're a loser when someone isn't interested (chasing someone who isn't interested does). Get it?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 05:39 am
unattractiveness?
lol, I will take this construcitvely. You do have a point. And im sure if I did what you said, ill end up with a credible result. But previously you said something about moving on:

but there's hardly a man alive who hasn't noticed he gets twice the attention when he's already accompanied by a woman. Your "undying devotion" is interpreted as a sign of desperation, which is of course very unattractive. GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!![/quote wrote:

Maybe if I approached her the way you're saying, might look like a sort of an 'undying devotion'. Which would be "unattractive" - again according to what you said. So what's the contrast between those two statements??
(though I might have done a totally wrong comparison - if so do let me know)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 09:31 am
Re: unattractiveness?
You're a good sport dude. I'm glad.
Suggestion 1) Get on with your life: Use this suggestion if you believe what I said already. (I may not have been correct as to which dream girl you were referring.)
Suggestion 2) One last try: Use this suggestion if you're not sure, and want to be sure. What difference does it make if you look less attractive, to someone who isn't attracted in the first place? (The ones who get snookered back in by jealousy are unlikely to be your soul mate anyway.) Take the closure, if you need the peace of mind.

Either way; I'm guessing the result will be the same. Don't take it personally. That's just silly. Some guys get so caught up in rejection that they can only approach one girl a night with a shred of confidence. You can literally see them shrink before your eyes if a girl doesn't want to dance. Laughing Now if their closing ratio is 1 in 10 (average); that means they have to go out 10 times to meet one girl. Rolling Eyes Usually, if girls are not interested in a cool guy, they have legitimate reasons and it isn't even about you. 90% will be flattered and courteous whether they are interested or not, so what is there to be ashamed of?

You sound like you're tired of not having a girlfriend. Let's say for the sake of conversation that you get average results when flirting with women (1 in 10). Do you have to go out 10 times to say hello to 10 women? I don't. After years in sales the word "no" has no sting to it. I could get rejected by 20 women in a single evening and still have time to enjoy myself with lucky number 21.

Years ago, before I developed a little etiquette, I had gotten one of those bad reputations for dating to many co-workers. Pretty girls were warned day one that I was a "philanderer". One beautiful girl told me after dinner that the only reason she went out with me was to see if she could handle herself with the office pig (ouch). I laughed and told her she was doing a fine job. She said she didn't know how to interpret the results (over breakfast the next morning :wink: ).

My point is; stop scheming. Living is much more fun. Don't worry what any particular girl thinks about you. Let them worry about what you think. Introduce yourself to every girl you are attracted to until you find a match... and don't forget to enjoy every step in the process! Good luck!
0 Replies