Am I insane about my EX Girlfriend????

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 06:34 pm
Here's my story, I broke up with my ExGirlfriend last year. We were coworkers and fell in love (I know never date a coworker). The relationship was not all bad, we have a lot in common and I loved being around her. However she was a constant flirt and one of my biggest reasons for leaving her was she didn't want to let go of her past. She would respond to texts from ex-boyfriends and even guys she had sex with and meant nothing to her. She also has pictures of her ex lovers/boyfriends saved in her phone. I told how it made uncomfortable and she said they meant nothing to her and that she was loyal to me,but why keep pictures of guys while in a committed relationship with another guy???
It's been a year and I still love her and miss her a lot. So my question is were my reasons for breaking up with Valid??? I mean was my request to move on that unreasonable ???
I recently thought about asking her again but I fear that the same issue will doom our relationship again
Please help a lovesick puppy!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 12
No top replies

trying2learn

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:51 pm
@Lovesick,
Your relationship wasn't all that bad? If you really loved her, you would accept her. It seems to me you might of been jealous and didn't trust her. Trust to me and I hope others is key to a relationship.
Lovesick

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:11 pm
@trying2learn,
I hear you.
I just felt like I was in competition with her past which I thought was unfair.
I mean those guys had their chance right??
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:43 pm
@Lovesick,
Have you asked her why she keeps photos of her past lovers?

She said they didn't mean anything to her...you don't usually keep photos of people who don't mean anything to you.

Personally, it just sounds like an ego thing.

That doesn't necessarily mean she'd be unfaithful.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 07:25 am
I don't know . . . when someone gets involved with another person, then the "brakes" are put on the flirting and responding to all other past loves (explain that she is now involved with someone else and wouldn't be doing mindless texting with them)

I have a feeling that you are fascinated with her - just like the other victims of her flirting. She also sounds like an attention addict.

Be very careful not to get hurt again.
Lovesick

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 10:24 am
@PUNKEY,
She is an attention craved
I wanna try again but you're right it might end with me feeling like crap again
vikorr

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 02:58 pm
@Lovesick,
Punkey has hit on a possibility - the photos might be her way of keeping score. That she keeps them hanging around might be another way. So, consider that you may just be another point on her scoreboard - from her view.
Lovesick

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 07:33 pm
@vikorr,
It sucks to be in love with a person who could be doing that
0 Replies

maxdillon943

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 11:31 pm
@Lovesick,
the problem is that you didn't trust her imo first of all trust if you love her then take any step....
Lovesick

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 07:58 pm
@maxdillon943,
I did trust her.... I just didn't trust her judgement.
I'm think I might have to move on from her but it hurts really bad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 08:06 pm
@Lovesick,
Lovesick wrote:
So my question is were my reasons for breaking up with Valid???

it doesn't matter if the reasons are valid to anyone else. it matters that this bothers you. if you can't cope with her the way she is, you need to recognize that there is no point in pursuing a future relationship with her. she is who she is and that is either ok with you or it's not.

in the same way that it's not fair to you to be in a relationship with someone whose behaviours bother you, it is unfair to expect her to change because of your preferences.

I personally don't have an issue with people having ongoing relationships with past romantic/sexual partners but I recognize it makes some people uneasy. Those people are not people I could be in a relationship with.
Lovesick

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 11:23 am
@ehBeth,
I understand and u might be right
We may not be made for each other.
Damn.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 11:41 am
@Lovesick,
You have to consider what you need from your partner in a relationship. Gotta think - even when the attraction hormones are trying to distract you.
0 Replies