There's a rather large number of possibilities :
- he has no idea you're that into him (this is rather high on the list of possibilities)
- he really likes you, but has no clue that you like him, and so he's not making a move
- he knows you like him, and likes the attention, but isn't that into you (in this version, he's just playing with you)
- his parent always taught him to be respectful and not force any issues, as things will take care of themselves
- he has no real idea how to proceed
If you go out again, bake him a muffin. Failing that, take some wrapped chocolate along (1 for you, 1 for him)
P.S. Don't focus on any one possibility.