Making the move

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
I am in the middle of getting ready to move out of state for a job. One that I have been waiting for all my life and working for. Making this move means that I have to leave my friends and loved ones. I have just one problem. There is this girl that I love very much and the thought of never seeing her again possibly, is killing me. I know what I need to do and that is to make this move. How can I start telling myself/making myself think that way? I am scared of this move because I am going from Detroit to San Deigo. If any one has any words of comfort or advice I much really need it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 906 • Replies: 16
No top replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:08 am
Just exactly what is it that she dislikes about SanDiego;

oops....................or is it that you haven't asked her????
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:10 am
Her and I have dated before and now we are friends. She knows that I am moving, but I also have no clue as to how she feels about it.
0 Replies

thumor

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:29 am
If you are a man of enterprise, regard it as the test of your love
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:40 am
and remember; SanDiego is not Mars! Cool
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:09 am
thumor wrote:
If you are a man of enterprise, regard it as the test of your love

What exactly do you mean by that statement?
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:11 am
I just found out some interesting news. I spoke with one of her friends and she stated that she has been planning on moving out there as well for the summer. Ironic or Fait? I guess she has been talking about this for some time now!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:23 am
Mikeymike wrote:
I just found out some interesting news. I spoke with one of her friends and she stated that she has been planning on moving out there as well for the summer. Ironic or Fait? I guess she has been talking about this for some time now!

Never relegate another's decisions to 'irony', nor count on 'fate'; DO something!
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:36 pm
Do what!?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
Come ON! You're in love with this girl, Mikeymike! Ask her to go with you! You can get separate places if you like.
0 Replies

flyfish

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:51 pm
What are you going to wait for? Till your old and grey and rocking on the front porch wondering what if I asked? or told her how I felt?

Even if it does not go well it will be closure and you can move forward with your new life. Leaving things open just so you don't get rejected will torment you later. You will keep wondering.

Like Eva said...you can get seperate places.

Hate to say it...but I made that mistake. Found out to late that she too was afraid to say anything herself. If you think its killing you now...its worse later when you find out she would have gone with her if you asked. If she doesn't then then the door is closed and you can focus on that new life.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:15 am
I have recieved word that she is going to be there this summer through a friend of hers. Then I heard it from her Where she will be staying at will be like 2 seconds away from me she said! Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:51 am
Looks like everything is falling into place, Mikeymike! Now all you have to do is tell her how thrilled you are that she will be there, too, and make plans to help each other get settled into your new places.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 10:03 am
what we seem to have here is a failure to communicate.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 10:21 am
Yep, I agree, dys. Both of them are afraid to come out and tell each other how they feel. Ain't it great not to be that young any more?!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:07 am
If you love something let it go,if it comes back then so be it, if it doesnot come back,do not hunt it down or pursue it.
0 Replies

flyfish

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:56 pm
not so sure if its age or the fact that we are not in his shoes...those love hormones can sure make life interesting...opening yourself up like can make you feel naked in a crowd...it does sound she is working in the same direction.
0 Replies