Piercing Help! What do I do?

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:59 pm
I apologize in advance if this question isn't relevant on this website.
This is my first time getting my ears pierced and they were perfectly fine for the last six weeks. No infections. Since it's been 6 weeks already I decided to take them out to clean my earrings. I took them out for about 10 minutes and my left side of my ear closed a little. I pushed it back in and now it's bleeding. What can I do? Do I ice it? Do I still have to clean it twice a day? Can I go swimming? How long do I have to leave it in for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,290 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 04:20 pm
@HelloItsCara,
This isn't uncommon. It can take quite a while for a piercing to heal thoroughly. It may do this off and on for a few months, so don't worry.

Ice it if it's swollen...otherwise you don't need to. As long as it's still an open sore or has a scab, clean it twice a day with hydrogen peroxide and put a dab of antibiotic cream on it after you do. For comfort, only wear the small studs while it's healing. Anything else will stretch the opening and make it take longer to heal.

As long as you're cleaning them twice a day, you can go swimming. Just put another dab of antibiotic cream on them before you leave (just to be sure.)
HelloItsCara

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:27 pm
@Eva,
Do I have to go out and buy antibiotic cream? I have the antiseptic liquid cleaner. Can I use that?
mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:27 pm
@HelloItsCara,
You should dial 911 IMMEDIATELY!
If your ear is bleeding at the lobe it will likely become cancerous and fall off, then your brain will become exposed to air-pollutants and fall out.
I **** you not!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 11:30 pm
@HelloItsCara,
I just told you to use what my doctor recommended to me years ago. It worked.

I'm sure it's not the only thing that works, so if an antiseptic liquid was recommended to you and it's working, there's no reason to change.
0 Replies