How many people have a watch here?

Setanta

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 04:54 am
@farmerman,
I didn't say they were dead and gone--i'm just pointing out that they are an irrelevance for much of the population, usually younger people. I think that trend will continue.
farmerman

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 04:58 am
@Setanta,
like fountain pens, even though the units have declined in sales (since the invention of the chep ballpoint and then the laptop) pens have reinvented themselves to a luxury market where 3000$ a pen isn't uncommon. Sales revenues have actually increase.
Watches don't need to be anything for science or legal profession, or medicine. They need to be reinvented for kids. Ill wait and see over the next ecade.
Setanta

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:18 am
@farmerman,
I doubt that i'll be around for another decade. Even more than 20 years ago, i encounter kids who couldn't read an analog watch. People would ask the time, and i'd just show them my pocket watch. Then they'd ask the time again.
0 Replies

FashionFitFabulous

Fri 6 Sep, 2013 10:10 am
I just have just one standard watch that I wear every day. It is a Michael Khors watch.
0 Replies

Philis

Thu 12 Sep, 2013 04:19 am
@watch-fob,
Since my Dad taught me time early on and always made sure I had a watch. I have had many watches. In the 70's I had the wide banded leather type watches. Now I go with Casio waterproof up to 50 meters. I've had fancy watches but they just don't stand up to my activity. And I will never buy another watch at a flea mkt.
0 Replies

adaaaale

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:41 pm
@watch-fob,
i don't have a watch now, but when i am in school, cause i often forget to bring my cellphone with me, so i bought a watch on my waist, i just want to use it to know when it is.
0 Replies

Anna Jacky

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:02 pm
@watch-fob,
This is the watch should be like most of the people think that this is a symbol of success, so they will fascinated by these watches collection, or a favorite watch collectors will do the same
0 Replies

Abishai100

Wed 6 Nov, 2013 05:07 pm
@watch-fob,
Do you realize how many people are walking around today with mini-cameras built into their cell phones?

Maybe people today are intrigued with gadget-created mementos.

I have two Swatch watches. I really like Swatch watches. Back in the big 1980s, Swatch used to make those lovely transparent anaglog watches that you could see through to the working gears, long before Apple's 1999 transparent colored iMacs. Swatch is not a high-end priced watch, but the Swiss who make them have earned global esteem in the ornament market.

Anyone see the gadget-coloring Hollywood (USA) movie "Inspector Gadget" (1999)?
0 Replies

alstonnelson

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 05:33 am
i have watch with stainless steel. I am totally depend upon my watch without my watch , im always late .
0 Replies

madamejewelryuk

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:31 am
@watch-fob,
Watch always stand as a great statement piece. It illustrates your style and define your personality. If budget is not a constraint then i might go for a luxury watch!
0 Replies

viennois

Sun 8 Jun, 2014 12:25 am
@watch-fob,
I havn't one!
some body like. so they love collecting watches!
0 Replies

Lesliechang

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:19 am
@watch-fob,
I am very exited about tanzanite jewelry because it gives royal looks.
roger

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:28 am
@Lesliechang,
That's interesting. I look forward to you opinions.
0 Replies

brightlikeme

Sat 26 Jul, 2014 05:34 am
@Ragman,
so you Definitely need a watch....lolz
0 Replies

Wilso

Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:47 pm
I've got 2. Both analogue. A gold one from my previous employer for 25 years service. A Longines, and pretty damn valuable from what I can find out. And a silver one that I've had for years.
0 Replies

Marinones

Fri 23 Jan, 2015 03:26 am
@watch-fob,
I don't do that.
0 Replies

Ethels

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 07:42 pm
I don't have,
0 Replies

ashleyliza

Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:32 pm
@watch-fob,
I also used to collect watches, its kinda passion.
0 Replies

trendzmania

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:12 am
@watch-fob,
some peoples have lot of money so they need a reason to spend money. Hence to buy watches is one of reason
farmerman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:29 am
@trendzmania,
professionals use GPS and Atomic watches. The reason for watches is that BOTH HANDS ARE FREE.

Wait till that i watch is available then tell me that people just wanna spend money.
I was wondering what battery time is like on that puppy. If a battery keeps running out every 2 hours, thats a useless gizmo for pumping or blast or geophys tests.
I have enough trouble reading my i phone screen. I cant imagine that being shrunk down to 1.5 X 1.75"