Is the love gone for good?

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 07:06 pm
Hi, My name is Jessica. I'm 23 years old and a hopeless romantic, If you make it through the whole thing, God Bless. Lol I have been off and on with my boyfriend, Justin (24 yrs old). When I first met him, I had those butterflies and I just knew that I wanted to be with this guy forever, I wanted to settle down get a house and have kids with him. I guess it was more lust than it was love. Well over the course of about two years we have been off and on. We fight over the little silly things and breakup, but then one of us always gives in and is the first to say "I miss you..." and bam! we're back together. Not even for a week and then it happens all over again. Well after our one break, it was just after his birthday which is on St.Patty's Day. I being a hopeless romantic or a loser lol I texted him saying I want to work things out, at this time it was around my birthday which is the first week of April. He agreed to meeting and we were set, that same night I went out with some friends to the local pub and I had run into some of his friends. They informed me how Justin was going to be a Dad, I fought back my tears and just forced a smile, saying "Gee that's great! Good for him." His friend, Paul said "Yeah I cant believe it either, it was his upstairs neighbor, he apparently helped her move in and well, you guys know the rest." I was hurt, upset almost sick to my stomach actually. I wanted him to be the father of my children one day, but I guess you can't plan everything to happen. Well we were still on to meet the night after that and we did. We talked and reminisced of all our good times. He came out and told me about the new baby on the way, I acted surprised (I couldn't tell him that I already knew). He said he, messed up and wished it was with me instead. I thought to myself, He couldn't even wait a few weeks to jump in bed with some girl he only knew for such a short time, instead of planning with me the girlfriend of two years?? Well we've been off and on again, since then and it has its ups and downs of course. But I'm really falling out of love with him, all we do is fight and it makes me unhappy everyday. Yet I miss him and I go back to him. I feel like he is still in contact with the baby-mama, but he won't own up to it. He's always on his cellphone and when I do ask he always says its his "Aunt" of which I have never met. I also cant stand it when he says he doesn't mind doing me little favors like running some errands, working on my car and even money issues. But the second he doesn't get his way, he throws it all up to me. I always say "If you were doing these favors to be nice and my boyfriend, then you have no right to throw it up to me.." I see other couples who I have gone to high school with, getting engaged, having babies and buying houses together. Not us, we can't even stay together for more than a week. I know that the heart and my head are telling me two different things. I am then left with this : " I love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore"..but it's how I feel. I've put so much time and energy into saving this relationship, I even did the bad by losing some very close friends because of him, because he had me choose. I'll never forgive myself but you got to keep moving forward. Is it worth the hurt and heartbreak to try to save it or is it time for me to just move on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 550 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 07:41 pm
@Misfit87,
It was time for you to move on a good year ago, long before the baby drama.

Seriously, you're going to stay with someone who makes you give up your friends, who you fight with pretty much all the time, who cannot do you a simple favor without keeping score and becoming resentful and throwing it back at you, and who seems to be lying to you?

If he is still in touch with the baby mama, hey, that's life in the big city, and you have to be okay with it. The child is his and it is his responsibility. If he is going to see his kid, then the woman will be in his life. You have to get over any jealousy you have in that area and respect that the contact is for the sake of the child, who didn't ask to be put into the middle of this mess. Understand that any time you are involved romantically with someone who has children, then they are going to have contact with that child's other parent. That is called responsible parenting. So if you are having problems with that, then I feel you are in the wrong.

But that is, far as I can tell (and I am mindful of the fact that you have only told us your side of things of course), is the only place where you are in the wrong here.

This guy has serious baggage and will have it for the rest of his life. He seems to have petty jealousies, issues with telling you the whole truth, and the two of you do not get along.

Right now, you are addicted to the drama, you may feel you won't find someone else, and you think this is the way things have to be.

News flash - this is not how life needs to be.

Extricate yourself from this drama and you will find there are plenty of men out there who will not pick fights with you every week, will be truthful with you and will at least let you in on what their baggage is before you get too deeply involved. And they also wouldn't dare to presume to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 07:49 pm
Each person's 'love' requirements are different in so many ways that I shall tender a quote,

' I fell in love a dozen times
And then, a dozen more
And then, I fell, much farther than
I ever fell before'.

Love is a journey of many hurdles
Some high, some low - For some, always high and problematic - For some, always low and uninterrupting - For others, a mish-mash of the two.

Do you need to possess, to love?
Because if you do, you love to possess
And possessive-love is selfish.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 06:40 am
Move on - AND away from him and his friends (who think "that's what happens when you help someone move.")

You've been with bad so long you can't even recognize what is good for you.

0 Replies