Why is this guy friend behaving like this ? Please help me to understand...

anna18

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:09 pm
This guy friend of mine is sometimes flirty with me... he compliments me sometimes (called me fantastic for instance), and i realized sometimes he is a bit touchy, like he would brush my hand (for instance when we are in the dining all and he is right after me in the queue and were are serving ourselves food, he would come kind of close and press his hand to mine while serving himself ... I know it sounds stupid but i go to dining all every day and i never touch anyone's hand, there is room, and nobody touches mine either).
Or he would reach my feet with his under the table without moving away, he also put his arm next to mine when we are at the cinema with friends, like my arm was slightly on my side of the armset and he put his arm there until touching mine without moving away (well he did at some point but not quickly... he left it there a bit and i felt a bit awkward... didn't move mine away cause I somehow have an interest in him, but I felt kind of embarrassed and confused, as far as I'm concerned, if someone touches my arm or feet by accident (or not), I'd move it away.
I know he had an interest in me months ago when we met (was asking me out often, trying to spend time alone with me, texting me all the time, but I kind of refused all his invitations cause I didn't know him and was a bit scared, not ready, I know, it is stupid... now I do have interest in him, feelings grew...).

Anyways, do you think it means anything, and he might still have some kind of an interest or feel an attraction, would you guys touch a girl friend's feet under the table for instance like this, without moving away ? Also...Do you guys ever completely stop liking a girl ...? (we are both 20 btw)
Thanks in advance !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 567 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:54 pm
@anna18,
Ask him.

He liked you before; you have known each other for a while. He will know his feelings far better than we do.

As for whether guys stop liking a woman, consider the opposite - don't women stop liking men at some point in time? Or are we all destined to feel attracted to the person we spat at in kindergarten, trying to get them to notice us with our limited social skills from long ago?

Ask him.

Or, better yet, ask him for coffee and ask if he'd like to go out some time.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 09:39 pm
@anna18,
Some people (a comparatively minor percentage, but they do exist) are touchy feely with people they are close to.

Others aren't necessarily that way inclined, but do it to show interest.

In any event, touchy feely people generally don't mind others being interested in them. And if he calls you 'fantastic' he won't be upset at all (even if, by chance, it's only platonic to him, which is unlikely)

You have very little to lose by asking him out on a date

You can always make it a 'hey I'm going to the #### on Saturday night, would you like to come?', or 'I'm looking for company at the ####, would like to come / be my date?"

Otherwise, just flirting with him a little more overtly...but not consistently.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 06:35 am
Did you ever think he is waiting for some kind of response from YOU?

Ye gads - he is flirty and touching you. What more do you want to know if someone is "interested" in you?

Smile at him, touch his hand, so something - but better show him you aren't dead.
0 Replies