Offer your grammatical and rhetoric opinion please

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 01:29 am
Chinese Researchers Challenge Evolutionism
by Cracked Cambria Riddle

Researchers of CAS (Chinese Academy of Science) proved that all progenitors of animals have ever been in the same scratch line.

By studying The Fauna of Chengjiang in China, research fellow, Junyuan Chen, of Nanjing Geologic Ancient Life-form Research Institute, Prof. Xianguang Hou, of Yunnan University, and Prof. Degang Xu, of Northwest University in China, outlined the integrated frame of Cambria Firestorm of Animals. They got the conclusion that is absolutely different to Darwin's Evolution Theory.

Darwin has ever been confused by the Cambria Firestorm of Animals. According to Darwin's theory, the great variety of species is the consequence of gradual evolution. He said he could not explain the fact of life-form fossils that occurred suddenly in the early Cambria, or 0.53 billion years ago.

The findings, more than 120 animal fossils , that Nanjing Geologic Ancient Life-form Research Institute found in 1984 show us a vivid ocean life world of early Cambria. The fossils are a key to crack the Cambria Riddle.

The researchers found that, after 20-year study, almost all species of animals that live in the planet now, have occurred in the Cambria. That is, the animals are not arise and develop through the gradual evolution taken great long.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 772 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 01:50 am
Re: Offer your grammatical and rhetoric opinion please
Chinese Researchers Challenge Evolutionism
by Cracked Cambria Riddle

this sort of implies that somebody called Cracked Cambria Riddle wrote Chinese.....

i don't know if I'm judging your meaning correctly but maybe - Cracked Cambria Riddle makes Chinese Researchers Challenge Evolutionism

Researchers of CAS (Chinese Academy of Science) proved that all progenitors of animals have ever been in the same scratch line.

here I don't understand 'scratch line' - is it a technical/scientific term or an error in English? I don't know! I sort of read it as a line of evolution???

if so then maybe Researchers of CAS (Chinese Academy of Science) proved that all progenitors of animals evolve from the same scratch line?

By studying The Fauna of Chengjiang in China, research fellow, Junyuan Chen, of Nanjing Geologic Ancient Life-form Research Institute, Prof. Xianguang Hou, of Yunnan University, and Prof. Degang Xu, of Northwest University in China, outlined the integrated framework of the Cambria Firestorm of Animals. They got the conclusion that is absolutely different to Darwin's Evolution theory.

Darwin was confused by the Cambria Firestorm of Animals. According to Darwin's theory, the great variety of species is the consequence of gradual evolution. He said he could not explain the fact of life-form fossils that occurred suddenly in the early Cambria, or 0.53 billion years ago.

The findings; more than 120 animal fossils , that Nanjing Geologic Ancient Life-form Research Institute found in 1984 show us a vivid ocean life world in the early Cambrian era. The fossils are a key to crack the Cambria Riddle.

The researchers found after a 20-year study that almost all species of animals that live in the planet now, occurred in the Cambrian. That means, the animals did not arise and develop through a long gradual evolution

I've probably missed bits but I'm sure the others will sort it out and may understand the scratch line thing
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 02:09 am
Hi Vivien,

The definition from AHD:
scratch line
n. Sports
A starting line for a race.

So I think just using "starting line" might be bette and not so easy to be misunderstood.

Yeah, suing "by cracked Cambria Riddle" is an interesting "error" that can be easily mixed up with "the line for author". I really meant: Cracked Cambria Riddle makes Chinese Researchers Challenge Evolutionism.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 02:14 am
Now the headline is like this:
Chinese Researchers Crack Cambria Era Riddle
to Challenge Evolutionism

Do you think it is proper?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 05:03 am
Id venture a guess that they are talking about what we call "The Cambrian Explosion" when animals with hard shells first appeared as fossils seemingly all at once. The "explosion" aspect has been losing credibility as new fossil assemblages of earlier and earlier dates have been found in the last 25 years and study work has been completed.
Id agree that "The scratch line" is a colloquial term meaning starting point.

The findings, if I understand your translation, dont disprove Darwin, they merely push the starting point for a diverse fossil assemblage back earlier, probably closer to the fossil ages of the Australian early fossil assemblage. The word Cambrian is used in English after the Cambria "type" area in England. SO its actually a possessive term meaning "of Cambria type system"

Can you post a link Oristar? even in Chinese. I can have one of my colleagues translate. This is an area of interest to me and I like to keep up .
can you pos
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:01 am
we'd use the phrase 'starting from scratch' routinely so it is obviously from the same origin - but scratch line is not something used here - starting line is indeed better.

interesting article by the way
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:44 am
Hi Farmerman,

http://tech.sina.com.cn/other/2004-02-25/1722297489.shtml
http://tech.sina.com.cn/other/2004-03-05/1104301267.shtml
http://news.sina.com.cn/o/2004-03-02/08521941330s.shtml
http://nst.pku.edu.cn/article.php?sid=4402

Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 05:38 pm
i must say, your English skills are waay more accomplished than my Chinese. I will have the links translated, Thank you very much.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 04:02 am
Hi Farmerman. Thanks for the comment.

May you succeed in learning and mastering Chinese language. Very Happy
0 Replies