Pathetic things...

SCoates

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:52 pm
I wanted to start a humble thread, where we all admit really pathetic things we have done in or after relationships. I'll start with something I shared in another thread. After I broke up with my first girlfriend I checked my E-mail every day for a few years, hoping to hear from her. I did a couple of times, but that is so pathetic. Every day I would be hoping, "Maybe today she'll write and say she forgives me." (I was living a few cities away from her, and eventually moved to Russia for a while, so E-mail was the only way she could contact me.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,202 • Replies: 14
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:56 pm
Yikes, I have done so many pathetic things in relationships past it is hard to name just one. But I guess the worst on was that I could not give my former husband a happy childhood.

But that is not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The truth is I think I wore him out.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:07 am
Oh, you're not limited to one pathetic thing. Spill your guts if you want. I'm going to go home and think up a few for tomorrow. I bet I can beat most people.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:32 am
Okay, here's mine, also from that other thread.

I was once so in love with a girl in college that after college ended and she dumped me I used to look at catalogues at clothes and jewelry and think "That looks like something she'd like. I should buy that and send it to her. Just to surprise her." I would try to picture her happy face when she opened up the anonymous package at her door. Oh my god, now that is pathetic!

I'll definitely be back with more.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:29 am
That is pathetic kick that is a fooliah woman. Did you ever tell her it was you that was sending the presents.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:11 am
The most pathetic thing I did?

After my fiancee calling it off, I went and got married...

My kids are sons of a bitch...
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 08:47 am
I begged. For a year. He moved 6 states away. I went to visit him. Looked for a job there. Refused to date anyone else. Performed "spells" (from some witch book) that would bring him back. Cried nightly - Mind you I was 21 years old. This was the ONE I truely loved. Or so I thought. I still email and talk to him. I am twenty eight. All he has to do is say that he misses me. I melt.
I have done a lot of crazy things- mostly when I am still with them. The worst was one boyfriend was seeing another man (his piano teacher) and I would wait in the car for him when he was getting a piano lesson. All of this was preferable to me than being without him. He even took another girl to the prom. He asked me and my younger sister to have group sex with him. He was a real ****.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 04:54 pm
I cried every night for a year after my first break up (and only break up). And I would often wonder if she would care if she saw me crying. Or if she would take me back if she saw how sad I was. I also didn't go near any other girls until I got back from russia (see my above post) which was like three years later, at which point I dropped by her house, and she asked me to leave her alone again, and I finally did.
0 Replies

Exception

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 01:23 am
First: I developed a massive crush on a guy sometime back, and then found through a friend that he was GAY. Now I'm neurotically paranoid about every cute guy I see and the first question I ask myself is, Is he gay?

Second: I have never had the guts to tell a guy that I like him, never asked a guy out on a date. I like this other guy now and I think of him morn-night. Everything reminds me of him and I can spend hours fantasizing about things I will buy him if I could, or going out with him...and I'd like to say I love him, but I believe that love is only when the feeling is reciprocated, and that's never happened to me.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 03:52 am
SP I expereinced a similar pathetic event. Married a person I knew even though we had failed at romance and love in a previous marriage.

Three years of marriage 38 years of divorce and we remarried again. It lasted less than six months - how pathetic is that?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:01 am
i was in love with this guy so much. He would disappear for days at a time and I wouldn't hear from him at all, when i did see him, he never answered questions or anything. Finally I decided 'enough was enough' so I invited a guy over that I knew wanted to be w/ me. He did all the good things this other guy never did. so, he's over one evening and we're just hanging out and I'm talking about how wrong my bf is doing me. so, who shows up but my boyfriend and we go in the room and he's like so, who do you want to stay.

dumb onyxelle" you baby, i want YOU to stay" and I asked the other guy to leave.. what a dope! we broke up about 2 mos after our daughter was born.

that's pathetic. just goes to show you> women in love....*duh*
0 Replies

KiranB

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:37 pm
@SCoates,
I seriously contemplated killing myself in order to try to make my ex sorry he had become a coke addict who left me for someone who could afford to support his habit. Oddly enough I was in a coffe shop at the time and met my current boyfriend ( who is the sweetest man on earth) there that very hour. One door closes, another really does open, and usually a better door.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:41 pm
@KiranB,
That's the major lesson in life; never give up, and always have hope. It tears me up when young kids commit suicide, because they believe their life is not worth living based on current events.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:50 pm
My first husband was (is) an alcoholic. He loved to sit at the bar and do his "man thing" by staying there all day. One beautiful Sunday he took off and went to the bar at 12 noon. I started calling him - begging, threatening, cajoling, screaming, crying, laughing, bribing, etc. - and ended up calling him 17 times that day while he sat at the bar. I was exhausted and beside myself with hurt. I wasted a beautiful Sunday and my kids missed an attentive mother. He came home at 8 p.m. looking for dinner, acting like nothing happened.

The next day I went to my first Alanon meeting and 9 months later, we divorced.

I look back at that and realize that was MY bottom. How pathetic.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:47 pm
@PUNKEY,
That you were able to take that step out of your nightmare shows you are still sane. Nobody can cure an alcoholic - except themselves. Most times, they fail over and over.
0 Replies