The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

hawkeye10

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:27 pm
@firefly,
Only an idiot Zimmerman would not have racially profiled Martin, and this guy was not on the jury so who cares?
cicerone imposter

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
You prove over and over that you are scum.
firefly

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who cares?

So much for your alleged interest in "justice".
hawkeye10

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:39 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Who cares?

So much for your alleged interest in "justice".

if he was on the jury and changed his mind I would be interested. As it is he is likely working to sell us something so I dont care. Besides, isnt this the guy who was on cable a lot taking about "my friend George Zimmerman", only it turned out that he had not even talked to zimmerman in months much less seen him?
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 18 May, 2014 07:42 pm
Quote:

George Zimmerman's Best Racist Friend Now Says He Was Guilty of Murder
Adam Weinstein
5/12/14

He stood up for Trayvon Martin's killer at trial and on all the talk shows. He fine-tuned the narrative of Martin as a thug. He concealed his own criminal history and conducted white supremacist podcasts. But Frank Taaffe has had a change of heart, and now says Zimmerman is a racist murderer.

Taaffe, who long identified himself as Zimmerman's best friend and told anyone who would listen that Florida's most famous armed self-appointed watchman was a victim and a hero, told local TV station News 13 that he had to take an agonizing reappraisal after a series of tragic deaths in his own family. The dramatic interview is above; here's part of the writeup:

"What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night because if that had been a white kid on a cell phone, walking through our neighborhood, he wouldn't have stayed on him the way he did and that's a fact and I believe that in my heart," said Taaffe.

This is very different from what Taaffe told News 13 numerous times after the shooting, including during an interview back in May 2012 when he said, "That George Zimmerman in a position in a volunteer role wanted to ensure the safety of the community he lived in and he became the victim."

But today, Taaffe claims he just wants to clear his conscience, "I can only ask for the country to forgive me and today I believe that he racially profiled him based on the color of his skin. Reporter: Some people may wonder what does Frank Taaffe have to gain by doing this? Are you working on a book? No book. A TV show? No. I'm just working on me right now and getting right with God."

Taaffe says his brother's death last month and the death of his two sons over the past two years has changed him.

Taaffe says he has a message for Trayvon Martin's parents, "I'm sorry that you lost your son, I know what that's like and I wish things had been different."

Zimmerman and his cheerleading brother Robert declined to comment to News 13 on Taaffe's come-to-Jesus moment. Practically speaking, it doesn't change anything for Martin's family, or for the millions of Americans who live under the tyranny of the vigilante thanks to Zimmerman's acquittal and the proliferation of "stand your ground" laws that protected him.

Nevertheless, it is encouraging to see a man who once denigrated "black dogs" and "hebes" showing true contrition, however he gets there. Whether he's worthy of forgiveness is a call above my paygrade, but he's got a much better case than Zimmerman does.

http://gawker.com/george-zimmermans-best-racist-friend-now-says-he-was-gu-1575068202
OmSigDAVID

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:25 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

George Zimmerman's Best Racist Friend Now Says He Was Guilty of Murder
Adam Weinstein
5/12/14

He stood up for Trayvon Martin's killer at trial and on all the talk shows. He fine-tuned the narrative of Martin as a thug. He concealed his own criminal history and conducted white supremacist podcasts. But Frank Taaffe has had a change of heart, and now says Zimmerman is a racist murderer.

Taaffe, who long identified himself as Zimmerman's best friend and told anyone who would listen that Florida's most famous armed self-appointed watchman was a victim and a hero, told local TV station News 13 that he had to take an agonizing reappraisal after a series of tragic deaths in his own family. The dramatic interview is above; here's part of the writeup:

"What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night because if that had been a white kid on a cell phone, walking through our neighborhood, he wouldn't have stayed on him the way he did and that's a fact and I believe that in my heart," said Taaffe.

This is very different from what Taaffe told News 13 numerous times after the shooting, including during an interview back in May 2012 when he said, "That George Zimmerman in a position in a volunteer role wanted to ensure the safety of the community he lived in and he became the victim."

But today, Taaffe claims he just wants to clear his conscience, "I can only ask for the country to forgive me and today I believe that he racially profiled him based on the color of his skin. Reporter: Some people may wonder what does Frank Taaffe have to gain by doing this? Are you working on a book? No book. A TV show? No. I'm just working on me right now and getting right with God."

Taaffe says his brother's death last month and the death of his two sons over the past two years has changed him.

Taaffe says he has a message for Trayvon Martin's parents, "I'm sorry that you lost your son, I know what that's like and I wish things had been different."

Zimmerman and his cheerleading brother Robert declined to comment to News 13 on Taaffe's come-to-Jesus moment. Practically speaking, it doesn't change anything for Martin's family, or for the millions of Americans who live under the tyranny of the vigilante thanks to Zimmerman's acquittal and the proliferation of "stand your ground" laws that protected him.

Nevertheless, it is encouraging to see a man who once denigrated "black dogs" and "hebes" showing true contrition, however he gets there. Whether he's worthy of forgiveness is a call above my paygrade, but he's got a much better case than Zimmerman does.

http://gawker.com/george-zimmermans-best-racist-friend-now-says-he-was-gu-1575068202
REGARDLESS of whether Zimmy racially profiled him,
martin had no right to slam his head on the street.

It is perfectly proper, lawful, decent and honorable to follow anyone around,
unless a judicial injunction has been served against that.

Zimmy was acting in good faith self defense from an un-provoked attempted murder.

Taaffe was NOT a witness to what happened. He does not know what happened.
He did not testify. He did not affect the jury. It was sequestered.
It looks like he wants to attract attention to himself.
He is just lashing out, emotionally; attribute as much value
as u want to his hysteria, for all the difference it makes.

David
BillRM

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You prove over and over that you are scum.

An you think you are gaining something by following Hawkeye from one thread to another and just posting the above comment concerning him?

Kind of very odd behavior for anyone but maybe a bitter woman over a love affair that had gone wrong to do.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Holder is still trying to show somehow that Zimmerman is a racist with all the resources of the US government and without any known success.

Zimmerman is a victim of an attack and the attacker just happen to be a black hoodlum instead of a white hoodlum and the only racism involved occur afterward by the news media and the race baiters such as Sharpton.
firefly

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:33 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
"What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night

Hmmm, wonder what Taaffe knows about "George and his tendencies"?

I wonder if the Justice Department will want to speak with Frank Taaffe now?
I would think they might want to.

hawkeye10

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:55 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I wonder if the Justice Department will want to speak with Frank Taaffe now?
I would think they might want to.

I am fully confident that if anyone can turn being aware of recent crimes committed by black youths so takes an interest in a suspicious unidentified black youth ....into a hate crime, Eric Holder can.
firefly

Sun 18 May, 2014 11:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
It was Taaffe who spread all of those stories about recent burglaries by blacks--but they might not have been true. He claimed one was of his townhouse, but there was no police report of it. There was one recent burglary in that complex--and an arrest was made in that one. Who knows if there were really others, or if the perpetrators were black, since they weren't apprehended.

Taaffe was responsible for spreading a lot of untrue information in support of Zimmerman, including crap about Trayvon Martin. He was the main spokesperson/advocate for Zimmerman--he was on TV constantly--he spread the stories, and the version of events, that the defense wanted to drum into the public mind, long before the trial, during the trial, and even regarding Zimmerman's behavior after his acquittal. And a lot of people bought what he was selling.

If Taaffe's now trying to clear his conscience and make peace with God, and he knows something about Zimmerman's "tendencies" he didn't mention before, that account for his now expressed belief that Martin was racially profiled, and killed, because he was black, he should speak with the Justice Department. He's now saying Zimmerman should have been found guilty--meaning that he killed with animus, not out of self-defense. That's quite a reversal for Zimmerman's biggest defender.
hawkeye10

Sun 18 May, 2014 11:48 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
It was Taaffe who spread all of those stories about recent burglaries by blacks--but they might not have been true.

It is time to cut off the wine for the night. The property crimes in the neighborhood are a matter of police record.

Quote:
If Taaffe's now trying to clear his conscience and make peace with God
are you sure he is not trying to sell something? He claims that he wants to get " right with God", but if that is true there are at least a hundred worse things that he has said or done that he should be taking back, so lets just say I have my doubts.

Quote:
It was not clear whether Taaffe now has similar regrets over the crudely racist things he uttered on air while campaigning on Zimmerman’s behalf – most notably on the white nationalist podcast “The White Voice.” On that show, he attacked Oprah Winfrey as a “nigger” and said “the only time that a Black life is vindicated is when a White person kills them.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/17/white_supremacist_george_zimmerman_defender_flip_flops_says_he_should_have_been_found_guilty_partner/
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 19 May, 2014 11:17 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Holder is still trying to show somehow that Zimmerman is a racist
with all the resources of the US government and without any known success.

Zimmerman is a victim of an attack and the attacker just happen to be
a black hoodlum instead of a white hoodlum and the only racism
involved occur afterward by the news media and the race baiters such as Sharpton.
If Zimmerman had killed a white,
then we never wud have heard of him.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 19 May, 2014 11:25 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
It was Taaffe who spread all of those stories about recent burglaries by blacks--but they might not have been true. He claimed one was of his townhouse, but there was no police report of it. There was one recent burglary in that complex--and an arrest was made in that one. Who knows if there were really others, or if the perpetrators were black, since they weren't apprehended.

Taaffe was responsible for spreading a lot of untrue information in support of Zimmerman, including crap about Trayvon Martin. He was the main spokesperson/advocate for Zimmerman--he was on TV constantly--he spread the stories, and the version of events, that the defense wanted to drum into the public mind, long before the trial, during the trial, and even regarding Zimmerman's behavior after his acquittal. And a lot of people bought what he was selling.
REGARDLESS of whether Zimmy racially profiled him,
martin had no right to slam his head on the street.

It is perfectly proper, lawful, decent and honorable to follow anyone around,
unless a judicial injunction has been served against that.

Zimmy was acting in good faith self defense from an un-provoked attempted murder.

Taaffe was NOT a witness to what happened. He does not know what happened.
He did not testify. He did not affect the jury. It was sequestered.
It looks like he wants to attract attention to himself.
He is just lashing out, emotionally; attribute as much value
as u want to his hysteria, for all the difference it makes.

David
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 20 May, 2014 06:56 am
Quote:
OmSig said: REGARDLESS of whether Zimmy racially profiled him, martin had no right to slam his head on the street.

Right, if somebody's sitting on you busting your head and you've got a gun in your pocket, you'd be a mug not to use it in self-defence no matter what colour the attacker was!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/black-mugger_zpse94d2ac9.jpg~original
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:10 pm
Zimmerman's hope of a windfall of money, from his suit against NBC, is fading into the sunset.

Quote:
Judge Throws Out George Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against NBC
By MIKE SCHNEIDER
07/01/2014

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge on Monday dismissed the defamation lawsuit filed by George Zimmerman against NBC and three reporters, saying the former neighborhood watch leader failed to show the network acted with malice.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/judge-gelawyerorge-zimmerman-nbc-lawsuit_n_5543711.html

The bum should consider actually getting a job now.

He's still claiming to have no assets, or income, but that doesn't stop him from spending money. Maybe the IRS should look into that, I'm sure his estranged wife's divorce lawyer will...

Quote:
Zimmerman spending money he doesn’t have
The man acquitted of killing an unarmed black teen files a financial affidavit in his divorce.
By Rene Stutzman
Orlando Sentinel

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman has no job, no home, no income but spends $100 a month on vacations and $200 a month on psychological counseling, according to a financial affidavit he recently filed in his divorce case.

Zimmerman, 30, is the former neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted last year of murdering Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old.

Immediately after the shooting – Feb. 26, 2012 – he quit his job and went into hiding with his wife, Shellie, but two months after his acquittal, she filed for divorce, saying he had taken to the road and would not tell her where he was and what he was doing.

As part of the divorce case, Zimmerman filed a financial affidavit last week, spelling out his income, assets and debts.

According to it, he spends $3,304 a month, despite having no income.

He listed his total assets at $14,000 – most of which is his 2008 Honda pickup. His debts total $2.5 million, mostly money he owes criminal defense attorneys Mark O’Mara and Don West.

According to his paperwork, Zimmerman has no job, pays nothing for rent or a mortgage and has no health insurance.

He spends $350 a month for medical care plus $200 a month for psychological, psychiatric or mental health counseling.

He also spends $100 a month on vacations, he wrote.

Zimmerman’s legal defense fund, which raised more than $400,000, now has a balance of $300, according to the affidavit.

It is not clear what happened to any money he earned from the sale of a painting on eBay in December. The winning bid was $100,000. There is no mention of it in his affidavit.

His banking account has $650, he reported.

In an interview last month, Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr., said the former neighborhood watch volunteer is homeless and moves from place to place, sleeping in the homes of friends.

His attorney, Howard Iken, would not comment.
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/06/28/george-zimmerman-spending-money-he-doesnt-have/

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:21 pm
Zimmy will always have the last laugh..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/zim-not-guilty_zpsde3badb8.jpg~original
OmSigDAVID

Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:37 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Zimmy will always have the last laugh..Smile
Yes. I hope that he will celebrate the anniversary!

David
Advocate

Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Zimmy was dragged through hell for being a good citizen. I hope things now go well for him.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:18 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Zimmy was dragged through hell for being a good citizen.
I hope things now go well for him.
That is perfectly true.
He went the extra mile, innocently and peacefully watching his community
to protect his nabors from burglars. He now reportedly owes his lawyers $2, 5OO,OOO.oo
That is like a 2 million dollar fine for defending his life.
0 Replies