The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
OK; I dunno whether u took the time to read my posted timeline or not.

Regardless, I believe that it is obvious that if martin had been nice he 'd remain intact.
I have contrasted my personal experience with nocturnal
confrontation in NY with everyone remaining un-harmed,
in my demonstration of the fact that martin brought his death on himself.

U and Firefly have simultaneously failed to comment
upon the difference, upon the mellifluous harmony of my experience,
wherein I chose not to beat anyone's head on the streets of NY for bragging purposes,
as distinct from the experience of the violent and deceased martin.

This demonstrates the results of being nice, instead of being violent.
I think that counts for something.
David
Frank Apisa wrote:
Perhaps if I were to brag to you about not screwing
all the latest hot babes in Hollywood, David...
That wud be like science fiction, Frank.
No one wud ever believe
that any of them cud have gotten away from u

Frank Apisa wrote:
you might see through the notion that you did not beat on the head
of any people who stalked you in New York City.
Their heads remain un-beaten. We were all in good spirits,
the confronter and me, as distinct from martin 's case.
R u picking up on the DIFFERENCE, Frank??
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:37 pm
@firefly,
the investigator was unable to convince either the chief or the DA to arrest Zimmerman, because they knew that the law does not allow arresting people on only a gut feeling that someone is guilty of a crime. the state needs evidence of guilt, and they had none.

the call to not arrest was ratified by tbe jury much later, the Gov should not have overridden the process result, the chief and the DA got it right the first time.
BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I hope I 'll get a chance to shake his hand some day

So do I.
BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
See what I mean, Firefly...they are trying to justify their racism

The only racism is on you side as I do not care what skin color of either Trayvon or Zimmerman and if it had been reverse I would still be a defender of Zimmerman and his actions that night.

The same as Zimmerman when he saw a black homeland man being beaten by the son of a police officer and then the homeland man being charge with a crime instead of his attacker

He did not care about race but justice and he was the main driving force in getting justice for that homeland man.

Sorry the only racists here are you Frank and Firefly and CI.
Frank Apisa

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:06 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Just curious Frank.

You are about as curious as they come, CJ.

Quote:
How did you ever avoid the curse of being human and learn to pick the racist out of the crowd?

Any chance you can reword that so I can get a sense of what you are asking...if you are actually asking anything. A question mark does not necessarily make a question.

Quote:
Are you devoid of any racist thought?

No.

Quote:
Too bad they picked Frances, you would have been a star.

"They" didn't pick Frances or Francis or Franklin. They picked Frank. That is my name. And still...I am not a star.

Quote:
Not that you would consider any high ranking religious leader of the Christian faith worthy of the non-racist label.

What are you attempting (unsuccessfully) to say here, CJ?

Quote:
Get over the colors and look at the facts.

I've been looking at the facts. You oughta give it a try.

Quote:
And fyi people can object to people in this country.

Have I ever said they cannot?

Are you okay?

Quote:
With groups comes group speak.

Oh, how very profound.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

Quote:
And if you do not agree with what they say it is based on facts not their color.

Maybe some of the time it is based on color. How could you possibly know that everyone I do not agree with has to be basing their arguments on facts.

Quote:

And at the same time obey the law, and allow those people their legal rights, not exception to them. That is fair.[/color]

Oh...now I get it. Another English as a second language person.

I am not able to deny these people their legal right to make asses of themselves...and show themselves to be racists...so no "exception to them."

I am being fair.
Frank Apisa

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I hope I 'll get a chance to shake his hand some day

So do I.

Be sure not to wear a hoodie.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:09 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
See what I mean, Firefly...they are trying to justify their racism

The only racism is on you side as I do not care what skin color of either Trayvon or Zimmerman and if it had been reverse I would still be a defender of Zimmerman and his actions that night.

The same as Zimmerman when he saw a black homeland man being beaten by the son of a police officer and then the homeland man being charge with a crime instead of his attacker

He did not care about race but justice and he was the main driving force in getting justice for that homeland man.

Sorry the only racists here are you Frank and Firefly and CI.

Nah...I'm pretty sure you are the racist here, Bill.

Hey, it's okay. Racists have to live also.
coldjoint

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Oh...now I get it. Another English as a second language person.

Grammar will save mankind before you do. The arrogance and superior attitude you display makes you a BIGOT. But in your infinite wisdom, I am sure you know that.

Stop calling people racists.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nah...I'm pretty sure you are the racist here, Bill.

Bullshit the racists are you and sadly our President.
0 Replies

firefly

@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the investigator was unable to convince either the chief or the DA to arrest Zimmerman, because they knew that the law does not allow arresting people on only a gut feeling that someone is guilty of a crime. the state needs evidence of guilt, and they had none.

What makes you think the chief police investigator even tried to "convince" either of them that night? He was doing his job--investigating a homicide--and, since he didn't believe the shooter's account, because he didn't find it credible, he made an appropriate recommendation to the D.A. that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter. He did what was the norm in such situations--he gave the D.A. his professional opinion, in a signed affidavit, and that was the recommendation of the police that night.

As far as I know, the Police Chief wasn't involved in any of the decisions of that night. Do you have any evidence he was? Or don't you bother with evidence?

Someone telling the truth, would not have glaring contradictions, inconsistencies, and apparent "embellishments" in his account of a killing he claimed was done in "self-defense"--to a seasoned chief police investigator that suggests the person is lying. In addition, the victim was unarmed, and he had no injuries beyond a single bullet hole to his chest, and didn't appear to have been in a fight. And Zimmerman's injuries were minor. It didn't add up to self-defense, and that's also why Zimmerman wasn't believed. That's enough to justify a manslaughter charge. Zimmerman's account was not credible and convincing, and it was not supported by the physical evidence. And Zimmerman shouldn't have been following the person. Everything about the shooting was very questionable.

There was no "gut feeling" about guilt--they had a dead body, and Zimmerman admitted to killing him.
Quote:
the call to not arrest was ratified by tbe jury much later...

Are you really nuts? You think an acquittal, in any criminal case, means the suspect shouldn't have been arrested in the first place?

The only one who made the call not to arrest that night was the D.A., the Police Chief had nothing to do with it. And the D.A.'s decision not to charge Zimmerman may have indicated he just wasn't that concerned about the death of another unarmed black kid to investigate any further, and he wasn't interested in any case that wasn't an absolute slam drunk.

The Governor had every reason to take a better look at the D.A.'s actions of that night, and to replace him with a special prosecutor, particularly when it became known that the victim wasn't a criminal of any sort, he was a high school kid, and a house guest in that community, just returning from a trip to the store. That cast even more doubt on the truthfulness of things that Zimmerman said to the police, because, in totality, this case didn't add up to a legitimate self-defense scenario.

Are you saying that elected public officials, like a governor, should ignore very vocal concerns from the public about whether the state criminal justice system (i.e. the D.A.) had acted appropriately in handling this homocide? Particularly when the chief police investigator had also wanted Zimmerman arrested and charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting? I definitely do want my governor to take action in cases like that.

And none of this changes the fact you were wrong, dead wrong, when you said I was lying about the chief police investigator not believing Zimmerman, and his having felt Zimmerman should have been arrested, and charged with manslaughter, the night of the shooting, and that was his recommendation to the D.A. I wasn't lying, those are the facts of the matter. And you are simply a horse's ass.

The egg is still on your face.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A2Satp_3FfU/TfbDb27BRgI/AAAAAAAAAU8/uRc_XX0WoOM/s320/egg-on-face2.jpg

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Its obvious that Sharpton n Jesse Jackson favor the black race.
The Japs favor their own race. Chiang Kai Shek favored the Chinese race.
It seems to me that almost everyone favors his own race.

I don t see a problem with what is natural.
It is NOT necessary to give liberals what thay want.
The innermost essence of liberalism is deception.
Liberals are cheaters. Thay shud be regarded as such.

David
BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Its obvious that Sharpton n Jesse Jackson favor the black race

Sorry I do not agree with you Sharpton and Jackson only favor themselves like all good con men.

If they had any concern about our black citizens they would be having rallies against a culture that result in black homicide rate being off the scales compare to any other group, a legal system that result in one in three black adult male in Florida as convicted felon and that as a result are not allow to vote or that 70 percents or so of black children are born out of wedlock and so on.

It not whites racists or white gangs that making the center cities a hell hole for raising black children with special note of Chicago.

Thousands of deaths of black teenagers by other black teenagers every year is of no concern to Sharpton or Jackson.
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What makes you think all of us challenging your murder supporters are liberals?

We're humanists who believe in "real" justice for people who kill others based on lies to the police and judge.

I'm a fiscal conservative, and will vote for any candidate that closely meets my ideal as a candidate that really represents the American people.

Even your broad brush that paints all of us as liberals are based on your ignorance.
BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

An on the other hand I am a liberal voting almost always for democratic candidates including our current president who turn out to be a damn Sharpton racist and I happen to be a member of the ACLU and the EFF.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:17 pm
@BillRM,
DAVID wrote:
Its obvious that Sharpton n Jesse Jackson favor the black race
BillRM wrote:
Sorry I do not agree with you Sharpton and Jackson only favor themselves like all good con men.

If they had any concern about our black citizens they would be having rallies against a culture that result in black homicide rate being off the scales compare to any other group, a legal system that result in one in three black adult male in Florida as convicted felon and that as a result are not allow to vote or that 70 percents or so of black children are born out of wedlock and so on.

It not whites racists or white gangs that making the center cities a hell hole for raising black children with special note of Chicago.

Thousands of deaths of black teenagers by other black teenagers every year is of no concern to Sharpton or Jackson.

I guess that 's between them and the other blacks;
an intra-black problem.

I suspect that martin wud have been willing to do
the same thing that he did to Zimmy,
to another black, so that he cud brag about it to his MMA friends
OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Did I say that ALL of u were ?
I will say now
that almost all of Zimmy 's tormentors
are liberals in addition to the blacks.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I guess that 's between them and the other blacks;
an intra-black problem

Oh? How do you like paying for millions or so black men out of all proposition to their population being warehouse in prisons at a cost that could paid for a degree at almost any college?

Or having even non-criminal blacks being so under educated that they are a large drag on our overall economic?

Not to mention that unlike Sharpton and Jackson I care for all my fellow citizens and hate seeing any group being con and harm to the degree that the black community happen to be.

Don't looks at the thousands of dead teenagers and younger being killed by black gangs let have a rally concerning one black teenager killed in self defense by a mixed race Latin man.
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:44 pm
@BillRM,
"Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince sceptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe."

~ Thomas Sowell
OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 04:04 pm
@BillRM,
As a matter of principle:

1. I oppose the War on Drugs
(which accounts for most of the prison population)

and

2. I oppose compulsory education. It shud be voluntary.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 11 Dec, 2013 04:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Re: BillRM (Post 5517464)
"Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince sceptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe."

~ Thomas Sowell

That seem to be you, as you wish to believe with all your heart that a mixed race Latin man acted out of some racist hate in killing a black teenager so you are willing to pound the facts with a sledge hammer in order to try to get the facts to match the picture.

Sorry but the facts does not fit such a story. It however does fit a young trouble black man who got piss off for being follow turning and attacking the other gentleman to the point that he needed to sadly used deadly force to save his own life.