The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 05:35 pm
Zimmerman's gung-ho supporters in this thread are doing everything under the sun to distract from the fact that George Zimmerman has been arrested again and has again been charged with a serious gun-related crime.
And that was just the latest of his run-ins with the law since his acquittal.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/files/2013/11/zimmerman-cartoon-beeler-495x352.jpg
BillRM

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Or famous people. They are taunted all the time don't you think? Once you are in the limelight for what ever reason, it's open slather.

Sorry you can not made a crime victim into a public figure without any aid from him or her and then treat him as if he is the mayor of Toronto for example.

Zimmerman did not write a book or gone on TV or radio shows or done anything that would cause him to loss his standing as a non-public figure.
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:53 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Zimmerman did not write a book or gone on TV or radio shows...

Guess you missed his hour long interview with Sean Hannity.

The one in which Zimmerman attributed Martin's killing to "God's will." Laughing

Zimmerman has received massive media coverage, so he has become well known, and something of a recognizable pop culture figure at this point, so he's certainly fair game for humor and satire. In fact, the only real non-public figure satirized in that SNL skit, and the one who'd therefore have the most reason to be miffed, is his current girlfriend.

Why aren't you defending her?

And, the reason for that SNL skit, was because Zimmerman was arrested again. That's what you can't deal with. He's had repeated run-ins with the law since his acquittal, and has, again, been arrested for a serious gun-related crime.

Given that his behavior since his acquittal increasingly suggests he is violent, volatile, and reckless with gun threats, and how he uses his guns, there is definitely the possibility that the jury let a murderer walk.

Rather than pull one's hair out over that, might as well try to find some humor in the absurdity of it.

Like this...

http://www.truthdig.com/images/made/images/cartoonuploads/zimmthx_590_428.jpg

I really think that cartoon is great--it's much funnier than the SNL skit. Laughing

hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:56 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Zimmerman has received massive media coverage, so he has become well known
the only media coverage that counts as him trying to become a celeb is the instances where he cooperated with the producers/did photo opts/put out press releases....there are very few of these instances.
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
He's fair game for SNL, Jay Leno, cartoonists, and any one else, who sees him in a humorous vein, so spare me your BS sanctimonious crap about him never seeking "media attention" or media coverage "that counts"--he's notorious.

Neither you nor BillRM have ever shown any evidence of having a sense of humor.
hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:08 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

He's fair game for SNL, Jay Leno, cartoonists, and any one else, who sees him in a humorous vein, so spare me your BS sanctimonious crap about him never seeking "media attention" or media coverage "that counts"--he's notorious.

Neither you nor BillRM have ever shown any evidence of having a sense of humor.

so you will not be complaining when I tell rape jokes then......
hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:10 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Zimmerman's gung-ho supporters in this thread are doing everything under the sun to distract from the fact that George Zimmerman has been arrested again and has again been charged with a serious gun-related crime.
And that was just the latest of his run-ins with the law since his acquittal.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/files/2013/11/zimmerman-cartoon-beeler-495x352.jpg

Quote:
The Ohio gun group that cut George Zimmerman a $12K check to protect him after the Trayvon Martin verdict tells TMZ ... they’d do it all over again, despite this week's domestic violence arrest.

The Buckeye Firearms Foundation was indignant the FBI took George's guns away during the trial, especially because Zimmerman was getting a slew of death threats. So it held a fundraiser and raked in $12,150.37.

As for how Buckeye feels now that Zimmerman can't go a month without screwing up ... they simply say he hasn't been convicted of anything and he's presumed innocent. So, no regrets

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/23/george-zimmerman-ohio-buckeye-firearm-foundation-guns-fundraiser/#ixzz2lcDQLILH
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
so you will not be complaining when I tell rape jokes then......

Has Zimmerman raped also?

Maybe so...

His cousin has accused him of sexually molesting her, beginning when she was 6 years old...

Think you can make a joke out of that?
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:23 pm
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7RwKCCrwuIw/Uo1bbhtGkyI/AAAAAAAACA8/mVK27OifFiw/s1600/zimmerman+shocking.jpg
hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:25 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Has Zimmerman raped also?

it is quite astonishing that neither of these two scorned women have accused him of rape yet. I expect that we will hear the allegation soon, as the victim culture advocates have done a number on shellie already and I am sure they are working on GF now.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:28 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7RwKCCrwuIw/Uo1bbhtGkyI/AAAAAAAACA8/mVK27OifFiw/s1600/zimmerman+shocking.jpg
he had not just a GF, but one almost as soon as he walked away from the wife, and since he believed her story about being preggers we know that GF was having unprotected sex with him. for what ever reason Zimmerman seems to be a catch, but i worry about the reason that he is a catch....maybe he is seen as a meal ticket. books still pay some, screenplays pay much more.
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
for what ever reason Zimmerman seems to be a catch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/thomasslavin/laughing_beaver_animated.gif

Maybe he appeals to you...not to anyone in her right mind. The current girlfriend knew him from high school I think, and she's said she wanted out of the current relationship with him a month after it started because of the way he was behaving. To know him now is not to love him. Laughing
Quote:
for what ever reason Zimmerman seems to be a catch.

For the police maybe...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/thomasslavin/laughing_beaver_animated.gif
hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:02 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
she's said she wanted out of the current relationship with him a month after it started
she also says that she took him back at least twice during their short relationship, which you will of course explain away as proof that she was an abuse victim. we all know the script. Shellie gets it, victimization is now her excuse for why she stayed with him, and why she pined for him after he ditch her, she was "emotionally manipulated" and thus not responsible for her decisions.
ossobuco

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, but you all feed the maw.

Sort of like tennis.
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Give it a rest. George Zimmerman is not "a catch" and his wife walked out on him the day before he killed Trayvon Martin.

And that wife now looks great, very attractive, she's really blossomed without George, and she's excited about moving on with her life. She's going to change her name from Zimmerman back to her maiden name as soon as her divorce is final. She's upbeat and positive. She's anything but a victim...

Meanwhile, her loser husband is out on bail again, wearing an ankle monitor, claiming to have $2.5 in debts, and only $149 in assets, and is facing possibly up to 18 years in prison.

And you think he's "a catch".

Lord, are you a jerk.

But, you're good for some laughs. Laughing

hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:27 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
his wife walked out on him the day before he killed Trayvon Martin.
she came back, and was at the trial constantly and was a solid supporter. but you want to forget those facts dont you.
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
she came back, and was at the trial constantly and was a solid supporter. but you want to forget those facts dont you.

No, and neither does Shellie Zimmerman.

She was a loyal wife to him after he shot Martin. That was why she went back with him after the shooting. She did what she felt was right for a wife to do. She even took a perjury rap for him. She stayed with him, through his legal ordeal, even though she felt fearful of him at times.

Want to fault the woman for sticking by him and not abandoning or betraying him?

The fact is, she did walk out on him before he shot Martin, and the shooting was the reason she went back to him. She said that in an interview.

And she wasn't "pining for him" after the trial ended and he selfishly took off and disappeared--she was angry because he wasn't there for her, in court, when she had to face her perjury charge. She rightly felt betrayed by him.

The girlfriend, who had known him for a long time, also said she was trying to help him because he became very deeply depressed after his trial ended. Then, when she realized what he was like to live with, she couldn't deal with it and wanted out. But he was in her house, and he wouldn't go see a psychiatrist, and he wouldn't leave, and she was afraid of him.

About the only thing these women are guilty of is trying to show the man compassion.

The man is a loser--and an abuser--he's not "a catch" for any women in her right mind.

You simply sound like a jerk. But I enjoy the unintended laughs you're giving me. Laughing

0 Replies

parados

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
BA!!! At least as a result of me not realising it was a skit, I got to see thanksgiving at the Zimmermans Wink This place is light fun as well ...

Given that Zimmerman is not a public figure by this own actions not even giving interviews after the innocent verdict I should think he still had the same right to sue over such silliness as any other non-public figure.

Zimmerman wouldn't have much of a case. He would have to show harm to his reputation and financial harm of some sort.. I doubt anyone that saw it thought any worse of the real Zimmerman and I highly doubt it caused him any financial harm.
hawkeye10

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:51 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I highly doubt it caused him any financial harm.
is it your point to point out that EU laws give compensation to those who have had their reputations harmed for profit where as american law only compensates for provable financial loss? do we really need another argument that american law is substandard?
firefly

Sun 24 Nov, 2013 10:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, stop sounding like a jerk.

SNL has not damaged Zimmerman's "reputation".

It's a satirical humor program and nothing they say, or do, is intended to be taken as the truth about anyone--and everyone understands that. Well, everyone but you and BillRM. Rolling Eyes

And Zimmerman is a publicly known and publicly recognized figure--he is notorious--which is why he can be the target of humor--otherwise no one would get the joke.

And Zimmerman's been the butt of humor for some time.

The one who should really complain about the SNL sketch is the girlfriend--who was depicted as a complete nitwit. But, she has no control over that sort of thing either. It wasn't a news broadcast, it was a satirical comedy show, and their business is ridiculing people. Zimmerman is as much fair game as anyone else.

If you had a sense of humor, you might understand that.

0 Replies