The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

hawkeye10

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:24 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

Quote:
George then agreed to make a child custody and support deal (which he says she asked for), but was still going to bounce.

I thought he only has $149 in assets.

I thought he is an asshole who will kill himself soon.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:26 pm
If ANY of us finds himself having to shoot somebody, of course the prosecution is going to dredge up everything from our past to use against us to make us look bad!
For example if I was cross-examined in the witness box and answered truthfully it'd go something like this-
PROSECUTOR- "Were you expelled from school?"
ME- "Yes"
PROSECUTOR- "Are you an ex-convict who served 3 months after being found guilty of vigilantism?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Have you been banned from some internet religious forums for attacking their beliefs"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Are you a Survivalist with an assortment of weapons?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Were you once a member of an American net forum that had possible links to the Ku Klux Klan?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Is this a photo of you wearing a nazi Waffen-SS jacket?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot4_zps2c47ed98.jpg~original
ME- "Yes

P- "Is a photo of you posing in combat gear?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mean-mofo.jpg~original
ME- "Yes"

Needless to say, if I was allowed to truthfully expand on those answers the jury would see me as a HERO and it'd backfire on the prosecutor..Smile
timur

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:30 pm
Romeo fabulist wrote:
if I was allowed to truthfully expand on those answers the jury would see me as a HERO and it'd backfire on the prosecutor..

Do you mean that juries are that easy to fool?
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
this does not make a lick of sense, as Zimmerman has through all of the media attention kept an extremely low profile....

Low profile? Are you kidding? Laughing

Going to a gun factory, the one that manufactured the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin, and posing for a smiling picture there--a picture that was bound to be released to the media--is hardly keeping "an extremely low profile".

Violating traffic laws, so you get pulled over by the cops 3 times within a short period of time, is not keeping "an extremely low profile". And, during at least one of those stops he made sure the cop knew who he was.

And you don't menace or threaten people with guns--particularly after you've been acquitted of murder, in a very controversial verdict--if you want to maintain "an extremely low profile".

What the girlfriend said was that he missed, not just the media attention, but his involvement with the criminal justice system, his total immersion in it both pre-trial and during trial. He was a criminal justice major at the community college he went to, he had applied to join a police force, he's obviously got a strong interest in the area, and a desire to be involved with it, and his trial satisfied that--he was at the center of it. Then it was all taken way when it ended, and that's why she feels he went into a deep depression.

And given his repeated run-ins with the police, since his acquittal, he does seem to want to continue maintaining his contacts with them.

If that's the case, his latest arrest, which re-involves him with the criminal justice system, once again, should be making him feel happier.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
If ANY of us finds himself having to shoot somebody, of course the prosecution is going to dredge up
everything from our past to use against us to make us look bad!
Well, u ASSUME without proving that criminal prosecution
will result from the shooting; is that necessarily so, Romeo?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
For example if I was cross-examined in the witness box and answered truthfully it'd go something like this-
PROSECUTOR- "Were you expelled from school?"
ME- "Yes"
PROSECUTOR- "Are you an ex-convict who served 3 months after being found guilty of vigilantism?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Have you been banned from some internet religious forums for attacking their beliefs"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Are you a Survivalist with an assortment of weapons?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Were you once a member of an American net forum that had possible links to the Ku Klux Klan?"
ME- "Yes"
P- "Is this a photo of you wearing a nazi Waffen-SS jacket?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot4_zps2c47ed98.jpg~original
ME- "Yes

P- "Is a photo of you posing in combat gear?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mean-mofo.jpg~original
ME- "Yes"

Needless to say, if I was allowed to truthfully expand on those answers
the jury would see me as a HERO and it'd backfire on the prosecutor..Smile
No objections to any of those questions,
qua relevance, nor to their calling for speculative guesswork ?

Is there a crime of "vigilantism"??? In which jurisdiction?
Was there something relating to the nazi SS in those pictures ?

David
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
this does not make a lick of sense, as Zimmerman has through all of the media attention kept an extremely low profile. If he wanted media attention all he needed to do was seek it, as his women have been doing.

another thing, i have listened to many of the jail phone tapes between George and Shelli, not once did he say anything that points to him wanting to be in the news, the he enjoys the circus.

1) You were accused of Murder
2) You were accused of fraud, asking for money and raising thousands for a Court Case, your wife is accused of fraud, the money where is it.
3) You were accused of aggravation of assault not by one, not by two but three

I wouldn't want media attention either...........................
coldjoint

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:17 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Now this idiot agrees with Hawkass

I think "Hawkass" will tell him all he needs to know.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
2) You were accused of fraud, asking for money and raising thousands for a Court Case, your wife is accused of fraud, the money where is it.

the state of Florida used their courts to abuse you, but you beat them back and are allegedly on a victory tour......this should be a primetime interview on 60 minutes.

George did not do it.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
What do you think George "did not do" Hawk..
BillRM

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

Are you that stupid not to understand when Hawkeye pointed out that if Zimmerman did wish for the spot light he could had been on every damn news interview and talk show in the nation after he was found not guilty?

OmSigDAVID

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Quote:
George then agreed to make a child custody and support deal
(which he says she asked for), but was still going to bounce.

I thought he only has $149 in assets.
hawkeye10 wrote:
I thought he is an asshole who will kill himself soon.
People have been known to kill themselves
for little reason or for boredom. Anyone can do it.
I posted an example of a NYC police officer who
was charged by a homicidal maniac thrusting an un-registered
pointed gardening tool toward him. He shot the attacker,
breaking the charge. It was a good kill. The community was safer.
He became remorseful. The best mental healthcare failed
over about a year. Eventually, he killed himself in anguish
for his having killed the maniac that was trying to kill him.

Logic did not apply to his decision.
Maybe, in the privacy of his mind,
a different mathematics functioned.
It was sad, but it happened.

Once, in Las Vegas, my cab driver mentioned that he had been
a police officer there, but he found the job extremely stressful,
patrolling the streets thereof, in his police car.
On his last day at work, a teenaged Mexican gangmember
threatened his life with a gun. He shot and killed him,
in self defense. That freaked him out. He was not able
to continue his job. He did not commit suicide, but he
ended his career with the Las Vegas Police; became a cab driver.
People 's minds work differently; u never know.

David
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:02 pm
@BillRM,
Did I speak to you Bill? And that post has nothing to do with my question....

To Hawkeye.
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
You referred to the jailhouse calls between Zimmerman and his wife, prior to the bail hearings in his murder trial, in order to make a point about his not wanting media attention.

Found Soul responded to that statement on your part, which pointed out that he and his wife were engaging in fraudent activity, to deceive and mislead the court, doing those phone conversations, and she pointing out they wouldn't want media attention focused on such things.

You then, completely illogically, and irrelevantly, responded with some nonsense about a "victory tour" after his acquittal.

Your comprehension abilities, which were never great, are getting worse and worse.

And, regarding a "victory tour", given the controversy, and strong emotion, about both this killing, and the verdict, going on a media "victory tour" would be as questionable, and in poor judgment, for Zimmerman, as it would have been for O.J. Simpson, or Casey Anthony, unless his intention would be to continue to provoke angry feelings toward him in the court of public opinion.

It's sort of rains on a victory tour when one of your jurors says, "George Zimmerman got away with murder," and you keep having run-ins with the police, and you're accused of stealing $4000+ of someone's property from their home, and your continued menacing of people with your guns finally gets you arrested again..
hawkeye10

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:06 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

have have seen nothing on the internet about zimmerman giving ANY interviews after he beat Florida, much less a national primetime interview. this is very clearly not a person seeking publicity.
coldjoint

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Death threats will do that to a guy.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

the state of Florida used their courts to abuse you, but you beat them back and are allegedly on a victory tour......this should be a primetime interview on 60 minutes.

George did not do it.
I believe that Zimmy stands to harvest a goodly amount of cash
from his abuses at the hands of Florida 's Republican governor and his (prosecution) lackey.
I hope that he will receive the counsel of a competent advisor,
to make the most of it.

David
firefly

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:16 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Are you that stupid not to understand when Hawkeye pointed out that if Zimmerman did wish for the spot light he could had been on every damn news interview and talk show in the nation after he was found not guilty?

Are you too stupid to realize that people wouldn't be interested in hearing him lie some more?

O.J. tried to peddle a book after his acquittal, and the public didn't buy that either.

And even Fox News has turned against him now. One of their commentators, who formerly supported him, has recently said that Zimmerman is more dangerous than Trayvon Martin ever was.

The man has notoriety, not celebrity. He's a pariah, and he knows it.

But, if his girlfriend is right, and that what he missed was not the media spotlight, but rather his involvement with the criminal justice system, Zimmerman should be much happier now that he's been arrested and charged again. He may have gotten exactly what he wanted now.
coldjoint

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:17 pm
@firefly,

Quote:
The man has notoriety, not celebrity. He's a pariah, and he knows it.

Call Oprah!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
have have seen nothing on the internet about zimmerman giving ANY interviews after he beat Florida, much less a national primetime interview. this is very clearly not a person seeking publicity.

I think Firefly answered the reasons to that perfectly and seemed to have understood, well did understand my post.

BUT, you still haven't answered my question, what exactly from what I wrote, do you not think he did?
hawkeye10

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
BUT, you still haven't answered my question, what exactly from what I wrote, do you not think he did?
english is your first language so I presume you are drinking too heavily today.

seek the publicity the absence of which is said to have driven zimmerman to suicidal thoughts. the claim is ridiculous, as all the publicity he could possibly want was his for the taking and he clearly did not do it.

are you comprehending this time cause I doubt I can successfully dumb the thought down any more for you.

the woman is clearly talking nonsense here so you have to wonder what else that she is saying is also nonsense. maybe that a gun was pointed at her. maybe that she is pregnant. maybe that george broke a table with his gun butt.