The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

OmSigDAVID

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
It's irrelevant whether you're Attila the Hun or Billy Graham or anybody else, because if you're flat on your back with a nigrah sitting astride you pounding your head into the ground, you've got every right to defend yourself whether you're a saint or sinner..Smile
FOR SURE, that is the truth.
Even Stalin wud have the right to defend himself,
under those circumstances

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:09 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
George Zimmerman: I pity the fool
November 21, 2013 10:52 PM
By Tony Norman / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Amateur psychology suggests that all of Mr. Zimmerman's post-acquittal drama may be his way of trying to come clean for killing Martin. He may have wanted to be convicted, but he beat the system with a far-fetched defense and a gullible jury. Even so, there's a tiny part of him that still craves justice. The fact that Florida can't give it to him is what's so damn pitiful.
My memory goes back to another century
when a youthful NY Police Officer was charged by a homicidal lunatic
bearing a pointed (un-registered) gardening tool. Defensively, the innocent Officer
defended himself from that charge by shooting the mentally sick attacker,
who was killed by his gunfire. He sought help from the NYPD mental health care establishment.
He took a leave of absence, continuing his therapy.
Eventually, he killed himself. The human mind works in strange ways,
no matter how innocent a man may be.

David

P.S.:
If Zimmy had "wanted to be convicted"
then he 'd have pled guilty, thereby making conviction much more likely.
firefly

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 10:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Actually, "Zimmy's" friend, and spokesman, Frank Taaffe has been saying almost the same thing since Zimmy was arrested again--Taaffe insists that he's suffering from PTSD because of his guilt over killing someone, and that's why he has domestic violence incidents. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, Zimmy was raised as a good Catholic, and now he's guilt ridden, and has PTSD, etc.

That doesn't make much sense, since guilt over killing someone is not really the cause of PTSD, nor would the only symptoms of PTSD be domestic violence, but if Taaffe is saying it, it's because Zimmy wants those "talking points" out there, and he may be planning some type of psychiatric defense.

But Zimmerman had a prior incident of domestic violence 8 years ago, and a previous arrest for assault, so his current problems can't be blamed on his reaction to killing someone, as Taaffe is doing. Beside, Zimmerman previously chalked up Martin's killing to "God's will," absolving himself of any responsibility.

But I sense Zimmerman is trying to hatch some sort of psychiatric defense for himself regarding his current legal problems.

Well, he can't use "self-defense" for his recent domestic disputes, that's really not very credible, all things considered, so he has to come up with something...

coldjoint

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 10:46 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
But I sense Zimmerman is trying to hatch some sort of psychiatric defense for himself regarding his current legal problems.

Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 10:56 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Actually, "Zimmy's" friend, and spokesman, Frank Taaffe has been saying almost the same thing since Zimmy was arrested again--Taaffe insists that he's suffering from PTSD because of his guilt over killing someone, and that's why he has domestic violence incidents. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, Zimmy was raised as a good Catholic, and now he's guilt ridden, and has PTSD, etc.

That doesn't make much sense, since guilt over killing someone is not really the cause of PTSD, nor would the only symptoms of PTSD be domestic violence, but if Taaffe is saying it, it's because Zimmy wants those "talking points" out there, and he may be planning some type of psychiatric defense.

But Zimmerman had a prior incident of domestic violence 8 years ago, and a previous arrest for assault, so his current problems can't be blamed on his reaction to killing someone, as Taaffe is doing. Beside, Zimmerman previously chalked up Martin's killing to "God's will," absolving himself of any responsibility.

Well, he can't use "self-defense" for his recent domestic disputes, that's really not very credible, all things considered, so he has to come up with something...
He has not been accused
of doing much. No one has been harmed.
He does not need much defense (so far as I understand),
unless vindictive blacks attack him.

The only issue that I really cared and care about is
that if someone is attacked (as travon attacked Zimmy),
then the victim is perfectly free to kill with impunity, in self defense.

We got that. I 'm content.

David
firefly

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 11:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
He has not been accused
of doing much.

He's been accused of enough to possibly get him 18 years in prison.

OmSigDAVID

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 11:36 pm
@firefly,

Quote:
He has not been accused
of doing much.
firefly wrote:
He's been accused of enough to possibly get him 18 years in prison.
Thank u for that information.
I have not been keeping up with his adventures.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 22 Nov, 2013 11:46 pm
It would seems that poor George have bad taste/judgment in women and that he is surely guilty of.

Quote:

http://newsone.com/2787076/george-zimmerman-set-up-for-arrest-samantha-scheibe/

George Zimmerman’s Girlfriend Contacted Reporter Ahead Of Domestic Violence Arrest

George Zimmerman, acquitted in the high-profile killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, arrives in court Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, in Sanford, Fla., for his hearing on charges including aggravated assault stemming from a fight with his girlfriend. (AP Photo/Orlando Sentinel, Joe Burbank, Pool)
On Monday, the nation learned that George Zimmerman allegedly pointed a shotgun as his girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, inside their Florida home. Now, details have been revealed that Scheibe had allegedly been in contact with a reporter for weeks revealing details about her troubled partner and has demanded a paid national interview.
RELATED: George Zimmerman’s Girlfriend Says He Pointed Shotgun At Her
Scheibe, and her mother, Hope Mason, were in contact with Orlando station WKMG’s Erik Sandoval, who broke the story Tuesday during an evening broadcast. Sandoval says the pair texted him intimate details of the nature of Zimmerman’s relationship with Scheibe, stating they’ve known each other for 12 years.
The curious timing of the WKMG report and the Monday arrest prompted the girlfriend to speak out in her defense.
Watch news update of story below:

“I did actually speak to her at noon today after our story aired last night at 11,” Sandoval said Wednesday. “She wants to make it absolutely clear. She says that she and her daughter did not set Zimmerman up for what happened on Monday at her home in Apopka.”
RELATED: George Zimmerman and Samantha Scheibe’s 911 Calls
Scheibe claims that it was a coincidence that news of her seeking payment in granting a national news outlet an interview happened around the time of the incident this week. But on Tuesday, Sandoval says that Scheibe and her mother have been texting him for three weeks. The claims by WKMG that they were seeking financial compensation for their story was confirmed by the Orlando Sentinel after one unnamed organization told the paper they were contacted.
Samantha Scheibe george zimmerman
Sandoval was told by Scheibe that Zimmerman was “fascinated by guns” and claimed she was afraid of the former volunteer night watchman. She remained with Zimmerman because she wanted to help him. Scheibe initially contacted Sandoval after Zimmerman’s depression created an oppressive environment in their home and he put her belongings outside after an argument.
Scheibe also claims Zimmerman texted a portion of an “intimate video” of the two to her young daughter in a fit of anger, and threatened her in writing.
Zimmerman’s history of violence didn’t begin with Scheibe, as he has been accused of domestic violence and threats against his ex-wife, Shelly Zimmerman. Just this past September, Zimmerman was accused of waving a handgun at his wife at her parent’s home, but was not charged.
Since his acquittal in July regarding the killing of Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman has been stopped by police for moving violations and the aforementioned incident with his ex-wife and her family.
So…
Do You Think George Zi
firefly

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 12:45 am
@BillRM,
She's said she was talking to the reporter because she was trying to get Zimmerman into psych treatment. He's refused to go and blew up at her when she suggested it. She thought if she went public with some of the things he's been doing--he ODed on pills, put a gun in his mouth, etc., spends days refusing to get out of bed, has thrown her out of her house before, blah, blah, it would spur him into treatment.

She's afraid of Zimmerman, but I can believe she might really be trying to get him some help, and protect herself at the same time, and just doesn't know how to do it. She thinks he misses all of the attention and interaction with the criminal justice system that went on pre-trial and during the trial and lapsed into a severe depression without it.

She wasn't paid by that station, for what she allegedly told the reporter, and the national networks don't pay for interviews. It sounds like that station is trying to force her to give them an interview, by releasing what they claim she told the reporter in dribs and drabs, and none of it has been verified by her, and it may not be accurate, so they may hope she'll come forward to give her side of the story in an actual on-air interview.

If what she's saying is at all accurate, Zimmerman is a mess and really needs psychiatric help. She just didn't know how to deal with him because he's very volatile with her, and not exactly reasonable. She's been trying to get out of the relationship with him for a while.

And Zimmerman's friend Frank Taaffe is also saying he's disturbed and extremely depressed. Taaffe just has a different explanation--that it's PTSD due to guilt over killing Martin, and that's what accounts for the domestic violence.

The consensus seems to be he really needs help and refuses to get it.

hawkeye10

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 01:26 am
@firefly,
Quote:
If what she's saying is at all accurate, Zimmerman is a mess and really needs psychiatric help
considering that she is clearly trying to sell her victim story why should we care? This woman has no credibility to trade on, and at the end of the Day Georges life his George's responsibility. I promise you that within 6 months we will get told that this woman is shopping a screenplay, with perhaps Shellie signing on. The mom here looks to be like a Kris Kardashion wantabe. There was a conscious decision to monetize a in with George.
firefly

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:10 am
@hawkeye10,
Zimmerman's friend and spokesperson, Frank Taaffe, has been on at least 3 cable shows this week also talking about how disturbed Zimmerman is--and Taaffe gets paid.
Quote:
and at the end of the Day Georges life his George's responsibility...
But he's been living in her house, and she really hasn't been able to get him out--but he's thrown her out of her own house twice. He really doesn't seem to have a place to go. And when she told him to leave last week, he pointed a shotgun at her.

I really think this woman is trying to get him some help. The man is threatening other people with guns, he's threatening to kill himself, and he doesn't sound very rational.

Meanwhile, this woman hasn't sold her story. If that's what she wanted to do, she would have sold it to the National Enquirer, not texted a reporter and given him the info without compensation. And she never sat down for an interview with the reporter--this was all by text messages. Who knows how credible or accurate this reporter is with the dribs and drabs of info he's releasing? Nor did she pop up on TV to grab the limelight after she had Zimmerman arrested. And, like Shellie Zimmerman, she's fearful of George and doesn't want him anywhere near her. And they both have reason to be afraid of him because he's threatened both of them with guns.

And you're the one who said Zimmerman "traded up" when you heard this woman was his girlfriend....
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:12 am
@hawkeye10,
I would strongly strongly suggest that Zimmerman had anyone who he allowed into his life in the future to sign a non-disclosure agreement so that he is not facing someone trying to cash in on knowing him once more.

Poor guy first a victim of Trayvon, then a victim of a political motivated prosecution and now fair game for **** like his current girlfriend is pulling for $$$$$$.

Every day of the year I am grateful to have a woman/wife in my life that had proven over decades that I can trust completely.

farmerman

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:18 am
@BillRM,
Once you make a decision you have to stick with all the associate ****. Did it ever occur to you that Zimmerman maybe a psychopath?
Frank Apisa

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Once you make a decision you have to stick with all the associate ****. Did it ever occur to you that Zimmerman maybe a psychopath?

I am sure that thought never crossed his mind, FM. He is absolutely certain that Zimmerman has been a victim in all these cases.

Boggles the mind!
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
nigrah

Please. Words like that cause such awful pain to people. Let's avoid hurting people.

And skin color has nothing to do with it. Mr. Zimmerman would have the right to defend himself no matter what the race of the person who violently assaulted him.
BillRM

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:39 am
@farmerman,
Sorry Farmerman given what is known of his life before Trayvon attacked no he is no psychopath even if there is no question he is now under incredible pressures that this lady current actions in trying to pump up the $$$$$ for her "story" did not help at all.

The only thing I can related Zimmerman situation to is the bible story of Job where one injustice after another is being thrown at this still fairly young man.

I wonder how "sane" either one of us would be Farmerman under the kind of pressure that Zimmerman is enduring day in and day out.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
And skin color has nothing to do with it. Mr. Zimmerman would have the right to defend himself no matter what the race of the person who violently assaulted him.

Not if Sharpton and his like have their way.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that Zimmerman maybe a psychopath?

Do you have any evidence that this was anything other than self defense?
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 11:33 am
Romeo Fabulini wrote.....nigrah.....

Oralloy replied: Please. Words like that cause such awful pain to people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to clarify- here in Britain, people only use words like "nigrah" or "nigger" for thieving, murdering low-life blacks, they'd NEVER use it for our good, decent hardworking blacks..Smile
Incidentally I heard Obama say on TV "If i had a son, he'd look like Trayvon", which was a disgraceful thing for a President to say, maybe he was trying to sway the jury but they were too smart to be fooled.
Huh, I don't think I'd want a son who sat on a neighbourhood watch citizen pounding his head into the ground..

farmerman

Sat 23 Nov, 2013 11:40 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Do you have any evidence that this was anything other than self defense?

I, like you, have no evidence for any position. Yet, his MO does seem , to me, to be highly gun dependent.
If hes found guilty for the gun intimidation of his gf (and mother?) it would take away any compelling reason to actually believe his stories