The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Did ever attacked an adult for annoying you such as following you?

An Trayvon might had grown up to be a fine citizen but on that night he ,by his own actions, placed under person life and well being in danger to the degree that Zimmerman by a jury verdict was in his right to used deadly force to stop the attack.

Bill, your thinking on this issue...and the thinking of the people agreeing with it...is so sick there is almost no way to convey reasonable disgust with it.

Zimmerman without a doubt was stalking Martin...and was the aggressor. Whatever happened when the two came together is not nearly as important as the fact that the "coming together" happened because Zimmerman was stalking Martin.

Once again...I can feel some sense of forgiveness toward Zimmerman. He was a screw up and he made some lousy decisions that night…which ended in tragedy. But for the people like you, Bill, who are still spewing your bile toward Martin for reacting to being stalked…and for suggesting that he deserved death because he reacted the way he did…you have my utter contempt. It would be nice if the planet did not have your kind to pollute it, but here we are…and I guess those of us who feel as I do have to tolerate and abide the stench that comes from the kind of hatred that leads you to where you are.
farmerman

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nicely, was the way your above post, was put.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:45 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
The school did turn it in and the police found that the jewelry didn't match any that was stolen. Martin said that he was holding it for a friend but wouldn't say who. There is no reason to assume he lied to the school when confronted about it

LOL............
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Bill, your thinking on this issue...and the thinking of the people agreeing with it...is so sick there is almost no way to convey reasonable disgust with it.

Zimmerman without a doubt was stalking Martin...and was the aggressor. Whatever happened when the two came together is not nearly as important as the fact that the "coming together" happened because Zimmerman was stalking Martin.

Once again...I can feel some sense of forgiveness toward Zimmerman. He was a screw up and he made some lousy decisions that night…which ended in tragedy. But for the people like you, Bill, who are still spewing your bile toward Martin for reacting to being stalked…and for suggesting that he deserved death because he reacted the way he did…you have my utter contempt. It would be nice if the planet did not have your kind to pollute it, but here we are…and I guess those of us who feel as I do have to tolerate and abide the stench that comes from the kind of hatred that leads you to where you are.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ucoubBpM1qikek7o1_500.gif
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:50 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
The school did turn it in and the police found that the jewelry didn't match any that was stolen....

That's wrong. Some of the jewelry did in fact come from a burglary within a short distance of the school Martin was attending.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3043220/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3043101/posts
http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

Quote:
...The jewelry and watch, which Martin claimed he had gotten from a friend he refused to name, matched a description of items stolen during the October 2011 burglary of a house on 204th Terrace, about a half-mile from the school....

Quote:
Mark O'Mara, lead defense attorney for George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin shooting case is speaking freely about Martin's criminal background now that his client has been acquitted.

Appearing on CNN's Headline News channel Monday morning, O'Mara was asked if Zimmerman has regrets over targeting a boy walking home without any ill intent.

O'Mara mentioned that Martin was under the influence of marijuana and that he was spotted near a home that had recently been burglarized.

O'Mara went on to say that Martin had recently been "caught with the fruits of a burglary." A reference to the watch, jewelry and burglary tool found in Martin's backpack by school authorities several months before.

With that comment, O'Mara is serving notice to those who will pursue Zimmerman in civil court that the barriers to evidence in the criminal case of Martin's recent troubled history before his death will not pertain in civil court.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Zimmerman without a doubt was stalking Martin...and was the aggressor.

LOL you do love the word stalking but even the prosecutor did not try to sell the idea that what Zimmerman was doing in following Trayvon was illegal.

If he had indeed done anything illegal in following Trayvon then he would had likely lost his right of self defense and one would think that the prosecutor would claimed illegal stalking if there was any way to do so.

He follow someone that he feel the need to be check out by the police and that is not illegal stalking nor is that being the aggressor.

But it nice to know that you think that someone had a right to launch a deadly attacked on someone following them no matter what word you used for following.

An yet you do not have a right of self defense if knocked down and jumped on in your strange world view.

footnote by using the word stalking in such a manner you are down grading real illegal actions such as when a man stalked his ex-girlfriend.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank I reality wish to get this very clear, if you have someone following you on the public streets you feel that you have the legal right to attacked that person and try to harm him or her?
gungasnake

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:00 pm
http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

The main claim I'm reading now is that it had become a violation of political correctness to report crimes committed by black teens as crimes and that under reasonable circumstances, Martin should have been in the juvenile justice system and unavailable for getting shot for hoodlum ****.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:12 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote,
Quote:
A reference to the watch, jewelry and burglary tool found in Martin's backpack by school authorities several months before.

How does that fit into Zimmerman killing Martin? Martin was not charged with any crime of the "watch, jewelry and burglary tool."

"Burglary tool" doesn't mean much without knowing what they are.

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:12 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
O'Mara mentioned that Martin was under the influence of marijuana and that he was spotted near a home that had recently been burglarized.

Except Martin was not "under the influence of marijuana" at the time of his death, and he didn't live there, and rarely had visited there, so he was hardly aware of previous burglaries, let alone involved with them.

Martin had no need to commit burglaries--his middle class, hard-working, parents provided quite adequately for him. He didn't complain about needing money--his parents gave him money.

Zimmerman, on the other hand, was constantly in heavy debt...he had considerably more incentive to steal and burglarize than Martin did. And we have no idea what drugs Zimmerman had in his body the night of the shooting.

I hope that Trayvon Martin's parents do bring a wrongful death civil action. Nothing O'Mara says will scare them off. Zimmerman will have to take the witness stand, and be cross-examined, at a civil trial--he can't avoid that, as he was able to do at his criminal trial, and that's what will make the difference--his inconsistencies, and exaggerations, and lies, about what happened that night, will never hold up under cross-examination. I do think he will be found guilty of causing the wrongful death of Trayvon Martin, just as O.J. was convicted in a civil action after being acquitted in a criminal trial.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"Burglary tool" doesn't mean much without knowing what they are.

a screwdriver.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
How oh Frank is following someone once to guide the police to that person come under the below meaning of illegal stalking?

Quote:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Stalking

In most states, to charge and convict a defendant of stalking, several elements must be proved Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. These elements include a course of conduct or behavior, the presence of threats, and the criminal intent to cause fear in the victim.

A course of conduct is a series of acts that, viewed collectively, present a pattern of behavior. Some states stipulate the requisite number of acts, with several requiring the stalker to commit two or more acts. States designate as stalking a variety of acts, ranging from specifically defined actions, such as nonconsensual communication or lying in wait, to more general types of action, such as harassment.

Most states require that the stalker pose a threat or act in a way that causes a reasonable person to feel fearful. The threat does not have to be written or verbal to instill fear. For example, a stalker can convey a threat by sending the victim black roses, forming his hand into a gun and pointing it at her, or delivering a dead animal to her doorstep.

To be convicted of stalking in most states, the stalker must display a criminal intent to cause fear in the victim. Various statutes require the conduct of the stalker to be "willful," "purposeful," "intentional," or "knowing." Many states do not require proof that the defendant intended to cause fear as long as he intended to commit the act that resulted in fear. In these states, if the victim is reasonably frightened by the alleged perpetrator's conduct, the intent element of the crime has been met
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh, now a screwdriver is a burglary tool. Do you understand how ridiculous you people are?

I have at least a dozen screwdrivers. I must be a mass burglar!
Rockhead

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:19 pm
@BillRM,
you are the only one that has mentioned "illegal" stalking billy.

it is one of your army of strawmen to adjust for your lack of writing skill...
Rockhead

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
get a grip, CI.

I am on your side of this...

Rolling Eyes
firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:21 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
if you have someone following you on the public streets...

You're still with the "public streets"--this didn't take place on public streets--it was a private gated community.

And the homeowners association of that gated community paid Trayvon Martin's parents a $1 million+ settlement, because their son wasn't safe in that gated community--he wasn't safe from George Zimmerman.

Being followed in the dark, by someone who fails to identify himself or his motives, is threatening and menacing behavior, particularly when directed at a child--and that child is entitled to defend himself from a menacing adult stranger.

And being punched in the nose does not justify shooting and killing someone--particularly an unarmed child.
http://curezone.com/upload/Blogs/Zoebess/head_up_ass.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:23 pm
@BillRM,
http://curezone.com/upload/Blogs/Zoebess/head_up_ass.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you carry it around at school in your backpack? What reason would he have for a screwdriver at school? Shouldn't classroom repairs be done by the schools maintenance staff?
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
you are the only one that has mentioned "illegal" stalking billy

LOL and you are claiming that Frank in using the word stalling was not trying to imply that Zimmerman did something wrong in following Trayvon that reach the level of allowing him to launch an attacked on Zimmerman?
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:27 pm
@Baldimo,
You arrive at all negative conclusions by your bigoted brain, and give no leeway to Martin's side but ten miles in every direction for Zimmerman.

You're a ******* racial bigot that's not worth my time to read or discuss anything with.