The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:10 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
What is the deal with Zimmerman IDing himself to Martin? You seem to think this is an important part of the issue. Please explain how someone is required to ID themselves to someone else?

The police thought it was a very important factor in Zimmerman's creating a provocative situation, and a factor in why Zimmerman had failed to defuse the situation, or to allay fears on the part of Martin.

You're simply ignorant of the conclusions the police arrived at after completing their investigation. I've read those reports. They are on the internet available for you to read as well.
Quote:
The police are required to ID themselves...

That's because the police know what they are doing, and how to handle situations, and that's also why Zimmerman should have remained in his vehicle, as the dispatcher advised him to do, and simply waited for the police to arrive and handle the situation in their own way. Zimmerman exercised extremely poor judgment as was reflected in his reckless and impulsive behaviors. And part of that was evident in his failure to ID himself to Martin.

For all Martin knew, Zimmerman was a serial killer. Martin died never knowing why Zimmerman had been stalking him.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:14 am
@revelette,
Quote:
He was a voluntary neighborhood watch organizer, it was under that capacity he was on the alert for "suspicious" persons. The neighborhood watch has guidelines of which Zimmerman ignored big time.

So what, even if true, as it does not change the situation in any way or in any manner.

Zimmerman have the right as a citizen to call 911 over someone acting strangely member of crime watch or not and he have the rights to follow Trayvon on the public streets also.

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:17 am
@BillRM,
Since words don't get through to you, let's see if you can understand simple pictures--this one should be at your intellectual level of comprehension. It really should be your avatar.

http://curezone.com/upload/Blogs/Zoebess/head_up_ass.jpg
0 Replies

revelette

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:22 am
@BillRM,
I am sick of going over the night Zimmerman shot an unarmed teenager with you. You are going to say what you say regardless so it is useless.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:33 am
@firefly,
Well Firefly I have looked on the web, and I can't seem to find where it says he was under obligation to ID himself. I know what the police report says, but I can't find anything saying he had to ID himself.

If you can find something then please post it.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:38 am
@revelette,
Quote:
I am sick of going over the night Zimmerman shot an unarmed teenager with you. You are going to say what you say regardless so it is useless.

Not only that, BillRM keeps insisting this happened on "public streets". What "public streets"--the entire incident took place inside a private gated community.

And the homeowners association of that private gated community has already paid a $1 million+ settlement to Tryavon Martin's parents because their son wasn't safe in that private gated community--he wasn't safe from George Zimmerman.

It's completely useless to discuss any aspect of this case with BillRM--his assertions are mainly distortions and fantasies and his actual factual knowledge of the evidence in this case is just about nil.

He's supporting Zimmerman only because he's a fellow gun-toter, and he's smearing Martin with a lot of false negative stereotypes that reflect his own racist attitudes, as well as the NRA's agenda of hyping fear to promote gun ownership.

BillRM hasn't even had the decency to apologize to cicerone imposter for the rather disgusting remarks he made to him earlier in this thread. BillRM did the same thing in a thread about rape when he made absolutely vile remarks to A2K members who revealed their own experiences with having been raped. The man is a pig. So why are you surprised he's pig-headed?
gungasnake

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:46 am
Anybody who hasn't watched Mark O'Mara's closing arguments, needs to.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:59 am
@firefly,
There is no smearing of Martin. It is a fact that he has been kicked out of school on at least 2 different occasions. It is a fact that he was found with jewelry that didn't belong to him. So what he says it wasn't his, people use that excuse all the time when they get busted with stuff. We know for a fact that he attacked Zimmerman and it is your guess that it was self defense even though a not-guilty verdict was given during the trial.

You want to use character information about Zimmerman, that is the only thing that is taking place with Martin. Turn about is fair play in this instance. If you can't handle the factual information about Martin, then don't expect anyone to accept your factual information about Zimmerman.

By the way, none of are surprised that an ex of any kind would get a restraining order against their ex. It is a tactic that has been used by men and women since the invention of the restraining order.

It will be interesting to see if any charges are brought against him by the cousin he supposedly molested. Once again innocent till proven guilty. Although I'm sure he have thought of him as guilty for everything that has come out in the bias media.
revelette

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Funny how innocent until proven guilty applies to Zimmerman with allegations from his ex-wife and cousin but not Martin and his supposed women's jewelry.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:22 pm
@revelette,
You are correct Rev. Martin should be innocent till proven guilty, to bad the school district didn't seem fit to try and press charges. Guess we won't know.
RABEL222

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:48 pm
@BillRM,
Why do you carry a gun and advocate everyone carrying one? I guess that if you thought someone was following you, you would just shoot them out of hand. Than invoke your I thought my life was in danger excuse.
firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
There is no smearing of Martin. It is a fact that he has been kicked out of school on at least 2 different occasions.

Big deal. He was a 16 year old kid, in his first year at a new high school he had transferred into, and one of his suspensions was for "tardiness" and cutting class.

BillRM has him characterized as a "hoodlum" a "thug" and a "gang-member"--none of which were true--nor would those things be true of most middle class high school kids--Trayvon Martin was not an inner city ghetto teen, nor was he disruptive, aggressive, or a kid with "attitude"--his English teacher said he was not known for misbehaving, and that he "majored in cheerfulness". His future plans included attending college, just like his older brother was doing, and just as his mother had done. And all he was doing the night that Zimmerman profiled, followed, and killed him, was trying to dodge the rain as he talked on his cell phone and walked home from the store.

The factual information about Zimmerman is far more troubling because it included an arrest for slugging a law enforcement officer who was trying to arrest someone else--which is why Zimmerman was court-ordered to take anger management.

And most people do not view restraining orders as innocuous, or routine, and one reason that Zimmerman's ex-fiancée got such an order against him was because he had been stalking her, in addition to the domestic violence.

Zimmerman had a past history of impulsive and aggressive behaviors, and he was on psychiatric medications, and seeing a psychologist, at the time of the shooting. This son of a judge hadn't even managed to graduate from community college by the age of 28, and when he applied to be a police officer, he was turned down because his credit was so bad. At one of his various jobs, a fellow employee had complained to management because Zimmerman was constantly "bullying" him. A successful, well-functioning individual, George Zimmerman was not.

And Zimmerman shot down his own credibility by the lying and deception and attempts to conceal evidence that went on with his bail. He has no regard for the law, the justice system, or the truth. The man is a brazen liar of very questionable character.
Quote:
It will be interesting to see if any charges are brought against him by the cousin he supposedly molested..

It will also be interesting to see if the IRS gets after him for all that transferring of assets between accounts, which looks like attempts to conceal income from their vantage point, and whether the funds in his legal defense fund were declared as income since he and his wife used them to pay off their pre-existing credit card and phone bills.
Quote:
We know for a fact that he attacked Zimmerman...

No, no one knows that for a fact. The last thing Rachel Jeantel heard Martin say to Zimmerman was, "Get off me." That's not what someone would say as they "attacked"--it's more likely the statement of someone who is being provoked to respond defensively because Zimmerman was posing a threat to him, after having stalked him in the dark, without ever identifying himself or his motives to Martin. Martin may well have been exercising his right of self-defense.
http://dakiniland.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/stand-your-ground-worth.jpg?w=300&h=232

cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:08 pm
@firefly,
"Big deal" is spot on! I've been kicked out of school for fighting too much with kids who picked on me because I wore eyeglasses. They stopped bothering me once I fought with them.

I'm now 78 years old, and have lived a pretty decent life.

Some people just don't have the brains to understand what happens in childhood doesn't necessarily affect their adulthood - and visa-versa.

BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Why do you carry a gun and advocate everyone carrying one?

I advocate everyone carrying a firearm since when and where?

Quote:
I guess that if you thought someone was following you, you would just shoot them out of hand

LOL and where do you come up with such nonsense? I would need to be put in the same kind of position as Zimmerman happen to had been IE under attacked and in serous and reasonable fear of death or serous harm.

The only one who attacked anyone for following them was Trayvon and you seems ok with a deadly attack if someone follow you not me.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did ever attacked an adult for annoying you such as following you?

An Trayvon might had grown up to be a fine citizen but on that night he ,by his own actions, placed under person life and well being in danger to the degree that Zimmerman by a jury verdict was in his right to used deadly force to stop the attack.
gungasnake

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:27 pm
@BillRM,
Trayvon would eventually have ended up in some sort of a Flori-DUH prison and the first question the other animals there would have asked would have been about stealing wedding rings....
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Some people just don't have the brains to understand what happens in childhood doesn't necessarily affect their adulthood

Some people also don't understand there was only one adult in this situation--and adults should be held to a higher standard of responsibility and judgement than a high school junior who isn't even old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Zimmerman, an adult armed with a gun, irresponsibly and recklessly pursued a child in the darkness of a gated community, in disregard of Neighborhood Watch rules, and the advisement of a police dispatcher--all to satisfy his own personal obsessions, and because he couldn't properly control his impulses. And his judgment was so impaired, he never identified himself or his motives to this child, which might have defused the situation or allayed the child's fears.

The fault lies squarely on the adult in this situation.
0 Replies

revelette

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:29 pm
@Baldimo,
The school did turn it in and the police found that the jewelry didn't match any that was stolen. Martin said that he was holding it for a friend but wouldn't say who. There is no reason to assume he lied to the school when confronted about it.
Quote:

The Herald reported that when campus security confronted Martin with the jewelry, he told them that a friend had given it to him, but he wouldn't give a name. The report said the jewelry was confiscated and a photo of it was sent to Miami-Dade Police burglary detectives. Miami-Dade school officials declined Tuesday to confirm the report when contacted by The Associated Press, citing federal privacy laws regarding students.

Miami-Dade Police confirmed that it had been asked by school police to help identify the property taken from Martin's backpack. It notified school police that the jewelry did not match any that had been reported stolen.

Martin had previously been suspended for excessive absences and tardiness and, at the time of his death, was serving a 10-day suspension after school officials found an empty plastic bag with marijuana traces in his backpack.

His parents and their lawyer, Benjamin Crump, have said such reports are irrelevant to the shooting and part of an attempt to demonize Martin. Crump did not return calls to The Associated Press on Tuesday.

source

Crump was right, Trayvon Martin trouble which did start after moving to a new school, (read about him) had nothing to do with Zimmerman targeting Martin for a punk who wasn't going to get away this time because he had no idea of who he was. He didn't deserve to get shot because he started to get into a little trouble right before his death.
gungasnake

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:29 pm
The question I'd like to see some sort of an answer to is what exactly motivated the GOP governor of that place to sic Angela Corey on GZ.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:30 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Zimmerman by a jury verdict was in his right to used deadly force to stop the attack...

No, the jury didn't say Zimmerman was "right" to use deadly force--far from it. The verdict simply said, in accord with Florida law, that he might have been in fear for his life when he fired his gun, and he, therefore, under Florida law, was entitled to the benefit of the doubt that it was self-defense.

And one juror has said those flawed self-defense laws should be changed, and another said, "George Zimmerman got away with murder."

http://curezone.com/upload/Blogs/Zoebess/head_up_ass.jpg
0 Replies