The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 04:57 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Following someone to be able to guide the police to that person is not illegal or wrong in anyway...

DemoKKKrats excel at inventing new crimes, like possession of soda cups larger than 16 ounces or "Profiling(TM)" somebody who is behaving like a burglar (and who in fact WAS a burgler, having been thrown out of school for possession of stolen jewelry). Most of these imaginary offenses amount to thought-crimes of one stripe or other.
gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 05:02 am
http://images.craigslist.org/01717_bRROrwGngWh_600x450.jpg

http://www.prisonplanet.com/say-hello-to-roderick-scott-the-anti-george-zimmerman.html
gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 05:07 am
http://images.craigslist.org/00707_iN1fhZWlgEM_600x450.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:11 am
@gungasnake,
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/epe/lowres/epen150l.jpg
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 08:38 pm
@gungasnake,
There seem to be 4 witnesses in this case. Not just two one of whom is dead and unable to testify.
gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 08:58 pm
@RABEL222,
One eye-witness claimed he saw Trayvon Martin straddling Zimmerman and trying to beat him to death. That may have had something to do with the not guilty verdict...
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 08:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
one of whom is dead and unable to testify

Sorry Trayvon is not a witness as he is dead so stating he is a witness is as silly as most of the poor Trayvon is a victim group postings.

In fact by the jury verdict he was killed in an act of legal self defense.
gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:27 pm
Mark O'Mara notes in closing that John Adam said that innocent people being found guilty of crimes has to destroy respect for the law itself. I.e. people will begin to think that it doesn't matter whether they obey the law or not....
hawkeye10

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:35 pm
@gungasnake,
O'Mara appears to be offended by what has happened to his profession.

Good, he should be.
gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
He says he's going after Angela Corey and that office of hers.
hawkeye10

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:55 pm
@gungasnake,
isnt this the same Corey who fires people for making a stand for defendent (ie citizen) rights?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 11 Aug, 2013 10:36 pm
The Trayvon Martin/Anthony Weiner Connection...

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/george-zimmerman-backlash-leads-to-anthony-weiner-support/

http://thesquirrelsnestblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/weiner-holder.png
OmSigDAVID

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:50 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
one of whom is dead and unable to testify
BillRM wrote:
Sorry Trayvon is not a witness as he is dead so stating he is a witness
is as silly as most of the poor Trayvon is a victim group postings.

In fact by the jury verdict he was killed in an act of legal self defense.
If he had survived his wound,
what r the chances that he 'd testify TRUTHFULLY:
"Yea, I was trying to beat that white 's head on the street until his brain fell out,
but he cheated! I did not know that he had a GUN! Some nerve. I don't like it, when the victims fight back; dangerous."
OmSigDAVID

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:53 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
I don't wanna know
what Weiner's campaign posters wud look like.

Wud he use the same office that Clinton did ??
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 03:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

If he had survived he should had been charge with assault at best and attempted murder at worst.

The police are good at questioning hoodlums or hoodlums what to be so he would have been very likely to talk himself into a jail cell.

Nor would the event been anything but a local news story.

In fact without a death and with the teenager as he was, not a smiling picture of a 14 years old saint I question if Sharpton or Jackson would had gotten out of bed to made a comment let alone led rallies to get the wrong person charge with a crime.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 04:04 am
Now it is nice that Holder had found the time from trying to pin the label racist on Zimmerman to do something that might reduce the amazing large numbers of black males that are behind bars for minor and non-violence drugs offenses.

That the drugs problems need to be address more as a public health problem then a criminal justice matter.

Strange that for some reason I never hear of either Sharpton or Jackson addressing the issue.

Maybe Holder had read my comments here on the steps that need to be done to start aiding the black community and the rest of society........... Very Happy

Quote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57598064/holder-calling-for-overhaul-of-drug-related-sentences/

WASHINGTON With the U.S. facing massive overcrowding in its prisons, Attorney General Eric Holder is calling for major changes in the nation's criminal justice system that would scale back the use of harsh sentences for certain drug-related crimes.

In remarks prepared for delivery to the American Bar Association in San Francisco, Holder also favors diverting people convicted of low-level offenses to drug treatment and community service programs and expanding a prison program to allow for the release of some elderly, non-violent offenders.

"We need to ensure that incarceration is used to punish, deter and rehabilitate -- not merely to convict, warehouse and forget," Holder says in the speech he's scheduled to deliver Monday.

In one important change, the attorney general is altering Justice Department policy so that low-level, non-violent drug offenders with no ties to large-scale organizations, gangs or cartels won't be charged with offenses that impose mandatory minimum sentences.

Mandatory minimum prison sentences, a product of the government's war on drugs in the 1980s, limit the discretion of judges to impose shorter prison sentences.

Under the altered policy, the attorney general said defendants will instead be charged with offenses for which accompanying sentences "are better suited to their individual conduct, rather than excessive prison terms more appropriate for violent criminals or drug kingpins."

Federal prisons are operating at nearly 40 percent above capacity and hold more than 219,000 inmates, with almost half of them serving time for drug-related crimes and many of them with substance use disorders. In addition, 9 million to 10 million prisoners go through local jails each year. Holder praised state and local law enforcement officials for already instituting some of the types of changes Holder says must be made at the federal level.

0 Replies

firefly

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 08:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

I see no reason Trayvon Martin wouldn't have been honest about the fact that this man stalked and menaced him, and that he punched him because he feared what Zimmerman might do to him. And the police would likely have believed Martin, because they knew Zimmerman had called them, and that he did follow the teen. The police would also have been aware that Martin belonged in the housing complex, that Martin was only walking home, and that Zimmerman had misperceived and misjudged the entire situation, and had further provoked the encounter by never identifying himself to Martin. They very likely would have arrested Zimmerman had Trayvon Martin survived his wound.

Unlike George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin had no previous arrests on criminal charges, and it was George's problems with his aggressive impulses that had landed him in court twice, resulting in his being court-ordered to take anger management classes. And now he'd shot an unarmed minor who was simply walking in a gated community where he was a house guest. So, had Trayvon Martin survived his wound, his credibility, about which one was the more aggressive, and which one had provoked the entire encounter, would have been a lot better than Zimmerman's.

And the chances that Trayvon Martin would have been truthful are a lot better than the chances that Zimmerman was truthful in his account of the shooting to the police. His version of events was inconsistent, often contradicted by the evidence, and, according to the detective who testified at his trial, "exaggerated". The credibility of Zimmerman's account is very suspect.

There is also the fact that Zimmerman is a known brazen liar--as was clearly revealed by his lying to his own lawyer, and the court, about his assets, and engaging in an elaborate scheme with his wife to conceal those assets, and his also concealing the existence of his second passport from the court, during his ail hearing.

It's good that Shellie Zimmerman's upcoming trial, on a charge of Perjury In Official Proceedings, will remind everyone of just what liars the Zimmermans are.

Only a fool would believe that George Zimmerman, a liar with so little regard for the law, and the judicial system, and the truth, that he deliberately engages in schemes to mislead a judge and conceal evidence, suddenly became honest in telling the police how he came to kill an unarmed minor who wasn't even trespassing that night.

Unfortunately, Trayvon Martin didn't survive his wound, because Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to get away with his lies had that been the case.

http://i1.wp.com/02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/00-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-cartoon-14-07-13.jpg?fit=1000%2C1000

Baldimo

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 10:53 am
@firefly,
What is the deal with Zimmerman IDing himself to Martin? You seem to think this is an important part of the issue. Please explain how someone is required to ID themselves to someone else?

The police are required to ID themselves, but I do not think civilians are under the same requirement.
revelette

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:03 am
@Baldimo,
He was a voluntary neighborhood watch organizer, it was under that capacity he was on the alert for "suspicious" persons. The neighborhood watch has guidelines of which Zimmerman ignored big time.
BillRM

Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:08 am
@Baldimo,
Firefly and her likes need to come up with all kinds of nonsense to try to justify a full out assault on Zimmerman by Trayvon and it get very over the top.

Never at any age would it have even occur to me to launch such an assault on someone for following me on the public streets and off hand I would think that go for all of us that are not hoodlums what to be at least.