The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 07:17 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
My bet is that there will be no trial as either she will plead out to a minor charge or the case will be drop.

I do not see the state wishing to have it head handed to it two times in a row by the Zimmermans lawyers.

She might take a plea, if that's in her best interest, and if one is even offered. I think they might not offer one to her because the evidence against her is so strong, and I think they might rather see this play out with a verdict in court, so it's all out in the open.

They seem to have no intention of dropping the charge. Why on earth should they drop it? There seems to be little doubt, in anyone's mind, that she did commit perjury and that the perjury was intended to influence a judge's decision--that's serious business.

Shellie Zimmerman's case is still wending its way through the court docket--just as it has been doing since April, 2012.

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001792A
Frank Apisa

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:26 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
No it does not. It was confined to you.

Why would it not be the jury also as they ended up agreeing with the evil "racists" that dare to think that Zimmerman acted in legal self defense?

Because!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 09:45 am
@firefly,
The only problem I see is that justice in this case will get very expensive vs the amount in question. Taxpayers already paid big time on Zimmerman's trial.

The cost of Neighborhood Watch has become more expensive than most people thought possible.
firefly

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 10:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
The cost is mainly to Shellie Zimmerman.

The D.A. and the judge work on salaries. This is a fairly easy case that shouldn't take very long at all--the evidence against her is rather clear. The only interest will be to see what sort of defense her lawyer manages to dream up.

There is absolutely no reason this woman should be given a pass on perjury--what she (and her husband) did was like spitting in the judge's face--and that's the way the judge reacted to it. These liars have no regard for the law--or for the truth.
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 10:25 am
Right, BillRM. Keep telling black people how they should think and react....

After all, as a white man, you know and understand things, like racism, so much better than they do....Rolling Eyes

You make yourself sound like more and more of fool--and a biased fool to boot. But, that's not exactly a difficult task for you, you've got a lot of practice doing it.

0 Replies

firefly

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:15 pm
Quote:
Graphic painting of Zimmerman shooting Martin unveiled at Florida capitol
08/09/2013
By: Kristal Roberts

TALLAHASSEE - A graphic painting depicting George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin was unveiled at the Florida Capitol rotunda Friday.

http://media2.abcactionnews.com//photo/2013/08/09/trayvon_martin_mural_20130809165722_320_240.JPG

The Miami-based artist, Huong, joined protesters, referred to as the Dream Defenders, on their 25th day of camping out at the capital as they urge Florida Gov. Rick Scott to change the Stand Your Ground law.

The painting, “We Are All Trayvon Martin” shows Zimmerman firing a gun at a figure wearing a hoodie, but the painting includes a mirror where Martin's face would be to convey that the shooting could have happened to anyone.

Huong also created a 50 feet long and 8 feet high mural with people who have fought for freedom and equality worldwide.

There are also a lot of blank spaces, encouraging people to write their thoughts about Trayvon Martin and social issues.

The artist wants his painting to start a discussion on the kind of government and society people want.

Houng also hopes to display the painting in Washington, D.C.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/graphic-mural-of-zimmerman-shooting-martin-unveiled-at-florida-capitol#ixzz2bah3xDuG

0 Replies

firefly

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:23 pm
Quote:
Councilman wants Baltimore to boycott Florida after Zimmerman trial
Mosby says Florida's stand-your-ground law encourages 'vigilantes'
August 09, 2013
By Yvonne Wenger
The Baltimore Sun

If Councilman Nick Mosby has his way, Baltimore government would boycott Florida-based businesses in protest to the state's stand-your-ground law after George Zimmerman's acquittal.

Mosby intends to file a resolution on Monday to encourage city agencies and investment boards to avoid doing business with companies in the Sunshine State. He hopes that would pressure the legislature there to rethink a law that allows individuals to use lethal force, if necessary, to defend themselves in public places.

The resolution also calls on city officials to avoid traveling to Florida or attending events in the state.

"Ultimately, the purpose of the legislation is to call to attention to an issue I think is very severe, and is not just a Florida issue but an American issue," Mosby said. "I never want to see another Trayvon Martin again in my lifetime, nor do I want to see another policy that exacerbates the social issues we have in this country."

Jurors cleared Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin last month, which ignited nationwide protests. The jurors concluded that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense in Feburary 2012 when he fatally shot Martin, 17, inside a gated community in Florida.

Mosby's resolution says the state's stand-your-grand law is applied "subjectively and inconsistently" and allows individuals with guns to act as "vigilantes."

Zimmerman's attorneys did not specifically use the law in his defense, but the judge did mention a "right to stand your ground" in her instructions to the jury.

Nearly half the states have stand-your-ground laws.

Mosby's legislation would not compel the city to avoid doing business with Florida-based company, but encourage it...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-09/news/bal-councilman-wants-baltimore-to-boycott-florida-after-zimmerman-trial-20130808_1_george-zimmerman-zimmerman-trial-trayvon-martin
BillRM

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:35 pm
I see you are posting a reply to the sad attempted to indoctrinate school children with the right way of thinking. Somehow I am all sure you are all for warping the minds of the young in this manner.

It not good when the right wing does it and it is no better when the left wing does it.

All blacks are dangerous is nonsense but so is selling the idea that all non-blacks should be assume to be racists and are acting due to this racism when ever there is any conflict between a black person and a non-black person.

Off hand I do not think that most parents are sending their children to school to be sold a bill of goods that you been trying to promote on this thread to their children.

Trayvon was at best a misguided young man who family never taught him that violence is a last resort such as finding yourself under someone doing his best to harm or killed you not a first resort of dealing with someone annoying you on the public streets.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:28 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
Councilman wants Baltimore to boycott Florida after Zimmerman trial
Mosby says Florida's stand-your-ground law encourages 'vigilantes'
August 09, 2013
By Yvonne Wenger
The Baltimore Sun

If Councilman Nick Mosby has his way, Baltimore government would boycott Florida-based businesses
in protest to the state's stand-your-ground law after George Zimmerman's acquittal.
If that actually happened,
then presumably, it 'd give rise to a counter-boycott.

David
spendius

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I bet the Baltimore government wouldn't boycott Florida based products if Florida had the best mousetraps and wrinkle creams.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:55 pm
@firefly,
I wish there were more government officials, not only in the US but around the world, who will speak to the issue of boycotting Florida until they change their SYG laws.

Who can feel safe there? Why bring children to EPCOT if their laws only protect those with guns?
gungasnake

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 02:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Th one place I normally ever go where I'd like to be carrying a pistol on geneeral principles is Baltimore Maryland. The goofiest looking people I ever see in DC or NY at least look like they came from this planet, the same cannot be said for Baltimore.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Who can feel safe there? Why bring children to EPCOT if their laws only protect those with guns?

Chicago and Washington DC is far far safer so why do you not bring any of your children along and tour all of the interesting areas in those two cities and be sure to go outside of the heavily patrol areas.

Do not worry if you hear what sound like gun shots as both areas do not allow guns to be carry by private citizens after all and are far far safer then Florida with it million or so legally armed mostly male and mostly white men looking for random children to killed for the hell of it.

You would be doing the human race a favor if you would do that with your children in tow as every bit of the gene pool that is clean up is worthwhile.
Rockhead

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
so, let me get this straight, billy.

you are suggesting that the world would be a better place if CI's kids were killed.

that's very nice...
panzade

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:37 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You would be doing the human race a favor if you would do that with your children in tow as every bit of the gene pool that is clean up is worthwhile.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/panzade/Fyou_zps5289d615.gif
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
you are suggesting that the world would be a better place if CI's kids were killed.

that's very nice...

Not very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have not spoken out at the threats to kill members of the Zimmerman jury and the children of those jurors if my memory is correct.

Or Zimmerman, Zimmerman family, Zimmerman lawyers and so on but now you are worry about my not being nice!!!!!!!!!

An after all if CI view of the world is correct the kids will be totally safe walking around anywhere in the city of Washington or Chicago as there is no SYG laws and few if any private citizens legally carrying firearms around.
Rockhead

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:40 pm
@BillRM,
your memory is as foggy as your verbiage...

**** you .

BillRM

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 03:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
**** you .

Sorry I am loyal to my wife but thanks for the offer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
Our "children" are in the late forties, and not living at home.

We once lived in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago, that's been rated #1 city in the US. We now live in Silicon Valley, one of the most desirable places to live in the US.

Quote:
AreaVibes Contributor reviewed Sunnyvale May 30, 2010 Sunnyvale, CA - A Great CommunityRating:Recommended for Families AttractionsCommunityNightlifeRestaurantsShoppingOn my frequent trips to Silicon Valley, I always feel the urge to go somewhere new. Since, Sunnyvale is close to <a href="http://www.areavibes.com/san+jose-ca/city-guide/" title="San Jose City Guide">San Jose</a>, I always visit my friend, an officer in US Air Force. His home is located in Birdlane district, where streets are named after native birds. Most of the city of Sunnyvale is residential area therefore you won't find many tall buildings.

There are a number of interesting things to do and attractions in Sunnyvale. The one attraction that comes to mind is the Sunnyvale Historical Museum. It is a fantastic local history museum, that is free I might add, that offers a number of unique interesting facts and sights all related to Sunnyvale.

Sunnvale is known for it's vibrant community where the majority of the population is of Asian background. These professionals mostly work for high-tech companies. Although house prices are steep as compared to rest of Silicon Valley, it is most likely because Sunnyvale is considered one of the safest cities in America. There are lots of good restaurants in the city of Sunnyvale, which unlike most nearby cities, offer variety. If you have some cash to spend, I really recommend buying a home in Sunnyvale.
Frank Apisa

Sat 10 Aug, 2013 04:27 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

that's very nice...

Not very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have not spoken out at the threats to kill members of the Zimmerman jury and the children of those jurors if my memory is correct.

Or Zimmerman, Zimmerman family, Zimmerman lawyers and so on but now you are worry about my not being nice!!!!!!!!!

An after all if CI view of the world is correct the kids will be totally safe walking around anywhere in the city of Washington or Chicago as there is no SYG laws and few if any private citizens legally carrying firearms around.

Get back under control, Bill. You are embarrassing yourself.