Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:02 pm
@Rockhead,
You're not amongst them....
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:17 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Trying to prosecute Shellie Zimmerman at this juncture is beyond despicable.

True the state did enough harm to an innocent family to made the race baiters such as Sharpton and Jackson happy along with our very own local race baiters here.

Once more it was such an open and shut case of self defense if Zimmerman had been black so the race baiters could not drum up a false picture of a white racist the charges would never had been file.
Rockhead

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:20 pm
@BillRM,
lying to the court is not very innocent, billy...

seems like a family of liars if one looks at the evidence.
spendius

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:23 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Trying to prosecute Shellie Zimmerman at this juncture is beyond despicable.

I agree. Prosecuting women for anything is despicable. They are a law unto themselves. That's why they should be kept in cages.
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
lying to the court is not very innocent, billy...

Not proven..........

Quote:
seems like a family of liars if one looks at the evidence.

Seems that the prosecutor was the liar hiding evidence against the laws of Florida.

Rockhead

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:36 pm
@BillRM,
Not proven..........

Yet.

"Seems that the prosecutor was the liar hiding evidence against the laws of Florida."

changing the subject again?
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:37 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I agree. Prosecuting women for anything is despicable. They are a law unto themselves. That's why they should be kept in cages.

Are you related to Ariel Castro by any chance?
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Too bad that Zimmerman was not black so you reverse racists would not had pressure the state to charge an innocent man.

Nor would you be looking to harm the man wife if at all possible.
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:44 pm
@BillRM,
Sorry, the evidence against Shellie Zimmerman looks very good.

Maybe she can claim her husband threatened to shoot her if she didn't transfer those assets for him, and lie to the judge about it...

Then she can say her perjury was really an act of "self-defense". Laughing

She knowingly lied to a judge to influence a judicial decision. I hope she goes to jail.

And I hope all you white folks don't start rioting and looting and destroying property if she gets convicted and you're unhappy with that....Fox news can really whip you people into a frenzy...

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 06:31 pm
@firefly,
You wrote,
Quote:
Maybe she can claim her husband threatened to shoot her if she didn't transfer those assets for him, and lie to the judge about it...

Then she can say her perjury was really an act of "self-defense".

Some times real life experiences are more bizzare than fiction; makes for a good movie script. Mr. Green 2 Cents Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Amazing the numbers of reverse racists we have on this thread.
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 06:45 pm
http://joronomo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/shellie-zimmerman.png
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:04 pm
There is a Facebook page to get Shellie Zimmerman convicted. According to that, she could get up to 15 years.

https://www.facebook.com/ConvictShellieZimmermanOfPerjury?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline

Here's the link to her case court docket. The charge against her is Perjury In Official Proceedings. It's back in court on the 21st. of this month.

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592012CF001792A
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nope. You are.

Sorry you are surely one of the reverse racists on this thread and reverse racists who claims someone must be guilt due to white skin color is not any petty then the reverse.

Those college kids at Duke must had gang rape that hooker/dancer as their skin is white and her is black and that all we need to know.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:16 pm
@firefly,
You are correct the police recommended an arrest. The DA declined. My bad. You have to give me time to look these things up.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:26 pm
@firefly,
You're looking at the wrong side of the political spectrum if you're looking for rioting. That falls to you lefties. I thought all of the righties were rich old white people? Can you imagine grandma out there throwing bricks and breaking windows? That would be funny.

You are looking for the college kids who are the wanna be anarchist's fighting the system.
firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:27 pm
Quote:
Shellie Zimmerman Has No Defense to the Perjury Charge
Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kelly Simms, the attorney who represents Shellie Zimmerman, predicted yesterday that a jury will find her not guilty of perjury. He said,

If you study carefully the questions she was asked, he said, she answered truthfully.

“It’s all about specificity,” he said.

I agree that the issue is all about specificity, but I do not agree with his prediction.

Keeping in mind that a witness is only required to truthfully answer the question asked and that any ambiguities or uncertainties in the question must be resolved in favor of the witness answering it, let us take a look at the exchange.

Here is Mark O’Mara questioning Shellie Zimmerman after she was duly sworn:

O’MARA: Another condition or another concern the court would have is a bond amount. I would ask you then realizing that one option is for the court to grant a monetary bond, if you could advise the court of your financial circumstances so I’ll ask you a couple of questions.

Are you working presently?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, I’m not.

O’MARA: And how do you — what do you do with your time?

S. ZIMMERMAN: I am a nursing student.

O’MARA: OK. Is that a full-time endeavor presently?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, it is.

O’MARA: OK. How long have you been doing that?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Well, I am four weeks away from my graduation.

O’MARA: OK. So you’re not earning any income presently?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Correct.

O’MARA: Do you own the home that you live or lived in?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.

O’MARA: Other major assets that you have which you can liquidate reasonably to assist in coming up with money for a bond?

S. ZIMMERMAN: None that I know of.

O’MARA: I discussed with you the pending motion to have your husband, George, declared indigent for cost, have I not?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Yes, you have.

O’MARA: Are you of any financial means where you could assist in those costs?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Not that I’m aware of.

Shellie Zimmerman transferred money from Paypal into the defendant’s account and then from his account into her account where she parked it for awhile until he bonded out and moved it back into his account. I believe she had $67 K in her account when she answered O’Mara’s question.

She cannot credibly deny that she knew she had $67 K in her account because she deposited it into her account.

I presume Sims will argue that she regarded that money to be the defendant’s property even though it was in her account. Therefore, she believed that she did not have any assets when she answered the question.

Good luck with that, Mr. Simms.

Shellie is not a vegetable. Absent some compelling testimony from a clinical psychologist supported by test results that her intellectual functioning is so impaired that she did not understand the questions and she compensated by pretending that she did in order to avoid humiliating herself by admitting that she did not know what he meant, I do not believe that a jury would acquit her.

Indeed, O’Mara asked straightforward questions and she did not exhibit any sign of confusion or ask him to clarify any question. She also stated that she was a full-time student in a nursing program and only four weeks away from graduating. No sign of impaired intellectual functioning or lack of comprehension is evident in her responses.

Moreover, she communicated with her husband in code and carried out a deceptive scheme involving multiple transfers of money over a short period of time in amounts less than $10,000. In other words, her conduct exhibits that she knows that she is playing a shell game with his money to help him conceal $67 K from creditors and the court by concealing it in her account.

I do not think a jury will be sympathetic, given her unapologetic and willing participation in that scheme.

Simms said, she is “getting stronger every day.” I hope that means she is becoming more assertive and her husband’s control is weakening. I believe it would be in her best interests to cut and run from him. She needs to get as far away as possible and resolve her perjury case without going to trial. He used her and she owes him nothing. She will be a helluva lot more sympathetic to prosecutors and the judge, if she acknowledges that he used her, expresses a willingness to cooperate and tell all, and asks for help.

I think that’s the only way she can avoid going to prison.

http://frederickleatherman.com/2013/02/21/shellie-zimmerman-has-no-defense-to-the-perjury-charge/
firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:36 pm
Quote:
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting:

In an affidavit, prosecutors revealed new details about Shellie Zimmerman’s alleged efforts to hide money from the court.

Four days before she testified to having no knowledge of the funds, the affidavit says, Shellie Zimmerman began a series of transfers into her account — totaling $74,000 between April 16 and April 19.

The affidavit says about $47,000 more was transferred from George Zimmerman’s account to his sister’s [account]. Shellie Zimmerman withdrew about $18,000 more cash, prosecutors say.

Prosecutors say the Zimmermans used a rudimentary “code” to discuss the money in recorded jailhouse phone calls — referring to $100,000, for example, as “$100.” At least two of the calls, the state alleges, were made while Shellie Zimmerman and her husband’s sister were at a local credit union making the transactions.

“In my account do I have at least $100?” Zimmerman asked. “No… there’s like $8. $8.60,” she replied.

Zimmerman told his wife to “pay off all the bills” with the money, prosecutors said, including an American Express card and a Sam’s Club card. He also instructed her on how to pay for his bail.

According to the affidavit, after her husband was released on bond days after the bond hearing, she transferred more than $85,000 back into his account. A branch manager at their credit union told prosecutors he knew the couple, and saw Shellie Zimmerman talking to her husband on the phone on April 16.

The manager said he’d helped Shellie Zimmerman transfer control of George Zimmerman’s account, at one point speaking directly to George Zimmerman by phone.
http://frederickleatherman.com/2012/06/12/shellie-zimmerman-arrested-and-jailed-for-perjury/

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 08:18 pm
@firefly,
Florida has equal ownership of asset laws for married couples.
Quote:
2. All real property held by the parties as tenants by the entireties, whether acquired prior to or during the marriage, shall be presumed to be a marital asset. If, in any case, a party makes a claim to the contrary, the burden of proof shall be on the party asserting the claim that the subject property, or some portion thereof, is nonmarital.
3. All personal property titled jointly by the parties as tenants by the entireties, whether acquired prior to or during the marriage, shall be presumed to be a marital asset. In the event a party makes a claim to the contrary, the burden of proof shall be on the party asserting the claim that the subject property, or some portion thereof, is nonmarital.
0 Replies