The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 11:37 am
Stay tuned for The State of Florida vs Shellie Zimmerman: The Trial

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ht_shellie_zimmerman_wy_120612_wg.jpg
From the Zimmerman family collection of mug-shots...

Coming to a courtroom Aug. 21st.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 11:51 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Stay tuned for The State of Florida vs Shellie Zimmerman: The Trial

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ht_shellie_zimmerman_wy_120612_wg.jpg
From the Zimmerman family collection of mug-shots...

Coming to a courtroom Aug. 21st.

She looks white. She's not guilty.
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you can not get the husband go after his wife.

Also before the Zimmerman trial he might had gone with a plead deal in order to protect his wife.

One means of trying to win a conviction of an innocent man where there is no way of getting a jury to convict him.
Baldimo

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:32 pm
@firefly,
To keep my bail low, I would have lied as well.
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
To keep my bail low, I would have lied as well.

With special note that the prosecutor was trying to get a high bail to either try to force him to sit in prison for a year and therefore putting pressure on him to plead out or at least to removed as must funding as possible that are available to fund the defense.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:50 pm
@BillRM,
Zim set her up by sitting in court with his mouth shut while she lied about their finances. Some hero. Wonder how long it will be before he divorces her? After all he wouldent want to be married to a law breaker.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:50 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If you can not get the husband go after his wife.

Also before the Zimmerman trial he might had gone with a plead deal in order to protect his wife.

One means of trying to win a conviction of an innocent man where there is no way of getting a jury to convict him.

Separate crimes.

She lied to the court...now she is being held to account.

But as I said earlier...she is white...and people like you and the others supporting Zimmerman abound in Florida, so she probably will walk.

What the hell...the only person killed was black.
OmSigDAVID

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:05 pm

Olivia testified that she was terrorized by 2 black burglars.
She was advised by her 911 operator that the police were on the way
and that she shud take up whatever weapon she had, in the meantime.

Accordingly, with her baby in one arm, she was quivering in fear
behind a pair of "rusty scissors" in her other hand (gunless).
She attested that she was hollering:
"Get out! The police are coming!
Get out of my apartment ! "

The police arrested one of the black terrorists.
The other one got away. I wonder if that one was Travon.
Maybe that 's where he got the gold female jewelry that thay found post-mortem.
U think he was preparing to go back for more, when Zimmy first sighted him ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:25 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens to Angela Cory, Esq.
in contemplation of her questionable ethics in this matter.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
After all he wouldent want to be married to a law breaker.

Funny, so I wonder if the woman prosecutor who withheld evidence, husband is going to be divorcing her for the same reason.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
B
Quote:
ut as I said earlier...she is white...and people like you and the others supporting Zimmerman abound in Florida, so she probably will walk.

As far as I know no record of any criminal misdeal in her life so why should she not walk on such a charge?

Of course a deal could be cut to stop the actions against the prosecutor for dismissing her charges.

Or maybe they could end up in the same cell...........
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Separate crimes.

Sorry Frank but would you like me to list some cases where charges was file and then dismissed against a wife for the husband pleading out?
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:48 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Separate crimes.

Sorry Frank but would you like me to list some cases where charges was file and then dismissed against a wife for the husband pleading out?

And that would impact on what I wrote...how???
BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

It is a nonsense charge file only to add pressure on her husband to plead out in my opinion and given a zero criminal history the chances of her getting more then a slap on the wrist in minimum.

In fact I was shocked that the state did not drop this matter as now her husband is free it hardly seem worth the time and resources to pursue.

Given the illegal actions of the prosecutor in the Zimmerman case the state surely does not have the moral high ground.

BillRM

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:22 pm
As I said a bullshit charge mean only to be used as another weapon against Zimmerman.

My bet is either it will just be dismiss or she will plead out to some very minor misdeed.

Quote:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/next-up-florida-v-shellie-zimmerman/

Forgotten in the publicity surrounding the jury verdict in the case against George Zimmerman is that a perjury charge against his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, remains active.

According to the State Court docket, the case is scheduled for trial August 21. I have calls in to the prosecutors and defense counsel to confirm this.

The Judge on the case is Marlene M. Alva.

The Criminal Information and supporting Affidavit are embedded at the bottom of the post.

The charge surrounds Shellie’s sworn statements regarding funds available for George’s defense. When it was revealed that George had more money than was disclosed, his bail was revoked and he eventually was released on much higher bond.

I extensively analyzed the allegations in a post on June 13, 2012, Perjury charge against Shellie Zimmerman raises more questions of prosecutorial overreaching.

The main problem with the State’s case, as I see it, is that many of the statements alleged in the Affidavit were matters which were ambiguous or subject of opinion. In order to commit perjury, one has to make a false statement of fact (which is why the feds prefer to go with “obstruction of justice” instead of perjury).

Here’s one example from the prior post:

Q. Other major assets that you have which you can liquidate reasonably to assist in coming up with money for a bond?
A. None that I know of.

What are “major assets”? Isn’t that a matter of opinion? Similarly, what does “reasonably” mean? Isn’t that also a matter of judgment, not a fact? The same lack of clarity accrues to “liquidate.” If the alleged funds already were liquid, the funds could not be liquidated again.

And another:

Q. And you mentioned also, in terms of the ability of your husband to make a bond amount, that you all had no money, is that correct?
A. To my knowledge, that is correct.
Q: Were you aware of the website that Mr. Zimmerman or somebody on his behalf created?
A: I’m aware of that website.
Q: How much money is in that website right now? How much money as a result of that website was —
A: Currently, I do not know.
Q: Do you have any estimate as to how much money has already been obtained or collected?
A: I do not.

Notice the specific wording of the questions and answers. I think the best case for perjury was the response to the question whether “you all had no money.” (added) The way the question was structured, however, the question was whether Shellie previously said that there was “no money,” not that at the time of the question there was no money.

A motion to dismiss the charge on grounds of j
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

It is a nonsense charge file only to add pressure on her husband to plead out in my opinion and given a zero criminal history the chances of her getting more then a slap on the wrist in minimum.

In fact I was shocked that the state did not drop this matter as now her husband is free it hardly seem worth the time and resources to pursue.

Given the illegal actions of the prosecutor in the Zimmerman case the state surely does not have the moral high ground.

She lied to the court, Bill. That is a pretty serious charge.

But...she is white, so I guess it doesn't matter that much in Florida...or your mind. Sad
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

As I said a bullshit charge mean only to be used as another weapon against Zimmerman.

My bet is either it will just be dismiss or she will plead out to some very minor misdeed.

Quote:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/next-up-florida-v-shellie-zimmerman/

Forgotten in the publicity surrounding the jury verdict in the case against George Zimmerman is that a perjury charge against his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, remains active.

According to the State Court docket, the case is scheduled for trial August 21. I have calls in to the prosecutors and defense counsel to confirm this.

The Judge on the case is Marlene M. Alva.

The Criminal Information and supporting Affidavit are embedded at the bottom of the post.

The charge surrounds Shellie’s sworn statements regarding funds available for George’s defense. When it was revealed that George had more money than was disclosed, his bail was revoked and he eventually was released on much higher bond.

I extensively analyzed the allegations in a post on June 13, 2012, Perjury charge against Shellie Zimmerman raises more questions of prosecutorial overreaching.

The main problem with the State’s case, as I see it, is that many of the statements alleged in the Affidavit were matters which were ambiguous or subject of opinion. In order to commit perjury, one has to make a false statement of fact (which is why the feds prefer to go with “obstruction of justice” instead of perjury).

Here’s one example from the prior post:

Q. Other major assets that you have which you can liquidate reasonably to assist in coming up with money for a bond?
A. None that I know of.

What are “major assets”? Isn’t that a matter of opinion? Similarly, what does “reasonably” mean? Isn’t that also a matter of judgment, not a fact? The same lack of clarity accrues to “liquidate.” If the alleged funds already were liquid, the funds could not be liquidated again.

And another:

Q. And you mentioned also, in terms of the ability of your husband to make a bond amount, that you all had no money, is that correct?
A. To my knowledge, that is correct.
Q: Were you aware of the website that Mr. Zimmerman or somebody on his behalf created?
A: I’m aware of that website.
Q: How much money is in that website right now? How much money as a result of that website was —
A: Currently, I do not know.
Q: Do you have any estimate as to how much money has already been obtained or collected?
A: I do not.

Notice the specific wording of the questions and answers. I think the best case for perjury was the response to the question whether “you all had no money.” (added) The way the question was structured, however, the question was whether Shellie previously said that there was “no money,” not that at the time of the question there was no money.

A motion to dismiss the charge on grounds of j

And she is white!
Baldimo

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why are you being such a racist?
firefly

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:34 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

This had nothing to do with putting pressure on Zimmerman for a plea deal--a plea deal, in this particular case, would not have have satisfied anyone, and a plea deal was never offered. And Zimmerman's wife was arrested and charged long before his trial. Her trial was simply delayed until his was over.

Shellie Zimmerman was arrested for perjury right after her husband's first bail hearing, when their elaborate scheme to conceal their assets became known, and it was evident she had lied to the judge, while her husband sat in court, "like a potted plant," according to the judge.

Do you actually know anything about the facts of the Zimmerman case? Do you just shoot your mouth off about this case, in several threads on this site, out of total ignorance? Or are you absolutely incapable of being honest?

It was quite embarrassing for Mark O'Mara to have to go into court and tell the judge that his client lied to him about his assets, and that he had, therefore, unknowingly mislead the court based on the false information Zimmerman gave him. That's when the judge revoked Zimmerman's initial bail, and had him re-arrested, and the judge then set the bail at a much higher amount.

Then there was also the matter of Zimmerman having a second passport, which he had also concealed from the court....

The fact that Zimmerman had concealed assets, plus a second passport, led the judge, quite rightly, to regard him as a possible flight risk--which is why his 2nd bail amount was high, and he was required to wear an electronic ankle monitor.

George Zimmerman and his wife are both known liars.

Because Shellie Zimmerman lied directly to a judge, on a matter that influenced a judge's decision, she could face several years in jail. That is not a minor perjury.

Her trial will serve to remind the public of the questionable character and flawed ethics of both Mr. and Mrs, Zimmerman. They are both brazen liars--people who have no hestitancy about lying to their own lawyer, and lying to the court. Which makes it rather easy to believe George Zimmerman would also lie to the police about the circumstances which led him to shoot an unarmed teen one night....

Baldimo

Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:37 pm
@firefly,
1+1=3?

You guys are desperate to see someone with the name Zimmerman in jail. Talk about a victimless crime.