The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 03:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:

Frank ever the racebaiter. Trying to make me say something I didn't say.

Quote:
The sad part is that I think you actually consider that accurate, Baldimo.

In fact I do. I don't think this had anything to do with race...

Yup...you have. And I find it hilarious that you think the way you do, not necessarily because of the actual killing, but because of the reaction to it.

As I've mentioned...George Zimmerman I can almost understand. He may have made a mistake. But the racist crap coming from you and some of the others here is an abomination.

Quote:

...and have stated so many times. Did you miss the story about the black adult shooting the 17 year old white kid? I supported his use of self-defense as well. I hope I have given my kids enough information over the years to prevent this sort of thing from happening. My oldest just turned 16 a few weeks ago and nothing has changed.

Quote:
If you are a young black male (or old one, for that matter) in the American south...you ought to learn how to say "Yessah, Massah boss" with sincerity...otherwise you may be shot to death for living while black.

I have talked to my kids about Martin/Zimmerman case. I'm the father of 2 mixed race children and I gave them the same advice that my father gave me. Don't start fights, if you think someone wants to fight leave the area. They have been told more than once that they shouldn't start the fights, but if someone hits you first, you do your best to finish the fight. My youngest has taken Tae Kwon Do and guess what they teach you in those classes? You never start a fight, your skills are to be used for defense only.

By the way Frank I'm still waiting to hear about what your Police buddies have to say about the window yanking. It's been a few weeks so let me know when you are ready to speak about that one again.

Baldimo...I wish your kids all the luck in the world. I hope they never face what Trayvon Martin faced. I must say that I feel a bit sorry for them to have you advising them, because I see you as a bigot of the worst kind...the kind who actually thinks he is not a bigot.

Thank you for sharing with me. Sorry to be so blunt, but there is no way to say what I have to say to you without the bluntness.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 03:58 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Of course the racial aspects had been completely created out of thin air.

Right, you think black people in this country--including the President, and the Attorney General--just manufactured the racial aspects in this case out of thin air. What do they know about being a black young man, and how black young men get regarded and treated and profiled. These poor dumb folks have just been duped by the media and race-baiting civil rights leaders.

They should start listening to arrogant white men, like you, so they'll learn how to view things, and how to behave. You'll set them straight.

You are incredibly racist in your thinking.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
As I've mentioned...George Zimmerman I can almost understand. He may have made a mistake. But the racist crap coming from you and some of the others here is an abomination.

I agree with you completely.
Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:10 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

I agree with you completely.

Thank you, Firefly.

It seems incredible that intelligent people like some of these guys cannot see the obvious...but that is simply the way things are.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It seems incredible that intelligent people like some of these guys cannot see the obvious...but that is simply the way things are.

That's because they are so entrenched in their own racial biases they can't view anything except from their limited perspective. It does not bode well for the future of race relations in this country.

It's amazing that the anger in the black community, which has to listen to this sort of racist crap, just doesn't boil over.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:42 pm
Dwyane Wade, sons honor Trayvon Martin on magazine cover
The Miami Heat star calls the opportunity ‘a pleasure.’

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dwyane-wade-ebony-magazine-cover.jpg
Quote:
Dwyane Wade and his sons Zaire and Zion feature on the cover of September’s issue of Ebony magazine in a tribute to Trayvon Martin. In addition to Wade’s cover, the September issue features three other families, including noted Knicks fan Spike Lee and his son Jackson.

The covers hope to honor the 17-year-old Martin, who was killed in February of 2012. George Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury of six women, who found that he justifiably used deadly force in Martin’s death.

“As a mother of a young Black boy, the tragedy of Travyon Martin affected me deeply,” said Ebony’s Editor-in-Chief Amy Barnett in a press release. “We simply cannot allow the conversations on this issue to come to a standstill. As the leading source for an authoritative perspective on the African-American community, at Ebony we are committed to serving as a hub for Black America to explore solutions, and to giving readers the information and tools they need to help ensure a bright future for all of our children.”

Wade posted his own thoughts on Instagram with a picture of his cover.

“@Ebonymag It was a pleasure to stand with my 2boys on this issue for Trayvon Martin. #Wearetrayvon#standforwhatyoubelievein”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/dwyane-wade-sons-honor-trayvon-martin-on-magazine-cover/
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There you go again Frank putting words in my mouth. Please tell me what I have said that is bigoted? Please provide an example because you are full of **** if you think I'm a bigot.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 04:48 pm
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/o-EBONY-WE-ARE-TRAYVON-COVERS-570.jpg

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ebony-Magazines-We-Are-Trayvon-Martin-Cover-Spike-Lee-Son.jpg

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ebony-Magazines-We-Are-Trayvon-Martin-Cover-Boris-Kodjoe-Son.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

There you go again Frank putting words in my mouth.

Please tell me what words I have put into your mouth.

Quote:
Please tell me what I have said that is bigoted?

The entire thrust of your argument is bigoted.

Quote:
Please provide an example because you are full of **** if you think I'm a bigot.

If you want to think I am full of ****...you are free to do so.

I've listened to what you and the others have said...and I see it as bigotry.
Baldimo

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:00 pm
@firefly,
Is this racism? 3 black kids attack a white kid for reporting their offer to sell him drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HDmR_v3VKE&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3HDmR_v3VKE&has_verified=1
Baldimo

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Come on Frank I'm looking for proof. You wanna talk **** then back it up. You want to claim something without proof then so be it, but don't claim it if you can't prove it.
BillRM

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Is this racism? 3 black kids attack a white kid for reporting their offer to sell him drugs.

Why would that be racism as 3 young drug dealers would likely had attacked a black kid who report them also.

Not all violence between whites and blacks involved race even if people like Firefly think so if she can blame a white person that is.

By the way I hear about this attacked but not the race of those involved what to bet if it had been three white kids beating a black kid race would had led the news stories!!!!!!!
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:10 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Please tell me what I have said that is bigoted? Please provide an example because you are full of **** if you think I'm a bigot.

You're not interested in learning why someone might see you as bigoted, so why are you asking him? You've already decided he's "full of ****".

Someone who might be concerned that they could be bigoted, and not even be aware of it, and who really wanted to have their biases pointed out to them, so they could learn and change, wouldn't sound like you right now.

You don't want to learn, you just want to argue.

Very few people admit to being biased or bigoted, and most would swear they're not, because they either just can't recognize it in themselves, or it's at odds with their self-image and they don't want to accept it.

You're baiting Frank, and you're insulting him. I personally see no point in his responding to you.

And, no, that video you posted does not show anything racist--it's a bunch of kids beating up another one for being a snitch, while the bus driver, disgracefully, did nothing. You apparently see it as racist because you're focused on the skin color of the aggressive black kids hitting a white victim. So your interpretation of what's occurring is biased, on the basis of race. When I watched it, my focus was on the bus driver who did nothing to stop the fight--skin colors were irrelevant.

gungasnake

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:47 pm
http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/bighairynews/2013/08/ebony-milking-trayvon-for-all-hes-worth.html

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3052214/posts

http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451af9f69e20192ac6c0075970d-500wi

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/skydancer30/that_hits_the_nail_on_the_head_perf_zps290d3581.jpg

Quote:
NEW YORK (BHN) - Apparently determined to milk every last dime from the death of Trayvon Martin, the new issue of Ebony Magazine is offering multiple covers honoring the young man.....
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 05:52 pm
@gungasnake,
Calling you a vile repugnant hate-monger doesn't even begin to cover it, gunga...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 08:00 pm
@firefly,
Insulting him? I didn't call him a bigot with no proof. I just said he was full of **** because he has no proof and is insulting me. Who's baiting who?

Am I a bigot because I don't think Martin/Zimmerman is race based? I don't see the race in everything, except in how the media and others think they are the self appointed choosers of what is racist and what is not. I don't think there is any racism involved with the video I posted either but I do think Bill nailed it on the head. If it were 3 white boys beating on 1 black boy there would be a racist element created out of it when there is none. No one would know that the black boy was beat up because he ratted them out, it would be because he was black.

Now take the case of Michael David Dunn. The guy who shot and killed Jordan Russell Davis because the music was to loud. Now this I could see as racist and is not a self-defense shooting. The only reason he would have to fire is if he saw a gun in the car. From everything I have read about this case, there was no report of a gun being seen in the other car. I don't see how you can feel threatened by someone in another car by them telling you to **** off. Which is what they probably said to him. Depending on what song they were playing, I would have enjoyed it, you should see my pandora station. This guy needs to fry plain and simple.

How about Roderick Scott? He shot and killed James Cervini in self-defense. Cervini charged Roderick after he stopped him from breaking into a neighbors car. The question here isn't about racism but how the cases played out. No one has questioned why Roderick why he left the safety of his house if these kids were only breaking into cars? Couldn't he just as easily stayed in the house till the police showed up? No one questions this little bit of information. If he hadn't left his hous,e with a gun no less, then he wouldn't have been charged by Cervini and Cervini wouldn't have been shot. The only reason Scott went on trial is because NY doesn't have the same type of self-defense laws as FL. If this case would have happened in FL Scott wouldn't have seen the inside of a court room.

Now to the question of arguing over learning. I don't come to a2k to learn although I will admit to some of my views changing on some issues since joining this forum almost 10 years ago. I will credit some of those here who I have debated and argued with over the years. I take serious offense to being called or even hinted about being bigoted or racist. I might be politically incorrect at times but I'm not a racist or a bigot. Being in a mixed race family kinda makes that hard to pull off. When it comes to my wifes side of the family there is everything and every kind. Wanna see a rainbow of flavors? My side of the family is mainly eurocentric (white people) not much else. Even the Italian/Sicilian side is pretty pale. I think I'm the darkest in the family and I have sometimes been mistaken for being Latino. Sitting in restaurants in San Diego I can't tell you the # of times I was asked if I could translate for some spanish speaking customer the place had. When I was in construction I almost got into a fight with this huge white guy over his use of the N word. I was 5' 9' and 150 lbs and he was like 6'3" and about 275. I didn't give a ****, you don't use that word. So if you want to think I'm a bigot like Frank does then feel free, I know other wise.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 08:10 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm just curious, have you discussed the Zimmerman case with any black men--not online, but in the real world? With any online?

The crap gunga's been posting is a lot more virulently racist than someone just using the "N-word". I haven't seen you voicing any objections to that stuff.

What's your definition of a "bigot"?
gungasnake

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:36 pm
@firefly,
Bigotry??

I mean, I'm not the one demanding special status based on skin color here....

If the United States somehow survives another twenty years without splitting up, then somehow or other, democrats and particularly the majority of blacks, are going to have to be deprogrammed. You're definitely not entitled to any sort of a separate but equal reality. Some of the stuff I post here is basically just a reflection of the way you guys are starting to look to everybody else.
gungasnake

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:42 pm
If there's something that gets to me about this **** it's the unbridled chutzvah of the bad actors in the picture.

60 Years ago this whole thing would never have happened because Trayvon Martin would have been in some sort of reform school after the incident with women's jewelry and would have been at least 21 the first time he got out and got shot doing some hoodlum thing. But the hell of it is that his family would have been so ashamed of the association at THAT point that months would have gone by before they were seen outdoors again. No way in hell would they have been trying to sue anybody or organize protests over anything that happened to a kid with those kind of proclivities.
firefly

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:50 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I'm not the one demanding special status based on skin color here....

That's because white guys in America have gotten special status based on skin color since before 1775...you never had to ask for it, let alone demand it. You take it for granted.