The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

gungasnake

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 07:34 am
Adolf Hitler, as an innocent 12 year old child (I.e. before the evil racist bastards Roosevelt and Churchill killed him for no reason):

http://schoolworkhelper.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/young-adolf-hitler.jpg

Isn't firefly logic wonderful?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 08:10 am
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Al_Capone_mother.jpg/170px-Al_Capone_mother.jpg

Al Capone as an innocent child, i.e. before the evil racist bastards Ness and Purvis put him in prison for no reason...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:30 am
http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photos/gangsters_outlaws/outlaws/dillinger/2a.jpg

John Dillinger as an innocent child, i.e. before the evil racists Hoover and Purvis killed him for no reason.....
RABEL222

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:16 am
@BillRM,
None of the so called witnesses claimed to be able to tell who was on top or who was calling for help because it was dark and they were too far away to see. You are just one of those people who make up "facts" to fit what ever they think. Most societies them called lairs. Like I said the only surviving witness killed the only other credible witness. If I were on that jury we would still be discussing that verdict.
RABEL222

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:19 am
@gungasnake,
I would say all you people are insane but that would be insulting to people who are. These pictures have nothing to do with this discussion. More Billrm wanna bes.
gungasnake

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 11:46 am
http://crazynotebook.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/charles-manson1.jpg

Charles Manson as an innocent 12 year old child, i.e. before the evil racist bastard law enforcement establishment in California put him in prison for no reason...
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
None of the so called witnesses claimed to be able to tell who was on top or who was calling for help because it was dark and they were too far away to see.

BULLSHIT not to mention the little tiny details such as grass strains on the Zimmerman back and wounds on the back of his head both would kind of be hard to get on top of Trayvon!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes the witness is a racist and the police help plant the grass strains on Zimmerman black.

Dream on but it is an open and shut case of a man protecting himself from the attacked of a young hoodlum.

Quote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57591520-504083/george-zimmerman-trial-neighbor-testifies-trayvon-martin-was-straddling-zimmerman-moments-before-fatal-gunshot/

(CBS) A former neighbor of George Zimmerman testified he saw two men in a "tussle" outside his home the night of Feb. 26, 2012, and said he now believes the person on top in the altercation - which would moments later turn fatal - was Trayvon Martin.

In key testimony, he also said he believes George Zimmerman was the person yelling for help.

PICTURES: George Zimmerman on trial in death of Fla. teen

John Good took the stand Friday in the fifth day of testimony in the Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial. The former neighborhood watch captain is charged with shooting the unarmed teen as he was walking back to his father's fiancee's home through a Sanford, Fla. gated community.

John Good testified he saw a man in dark clothing on top of a man who was wearing red or light-colored clothing with lighter skin. Zimmerman, 29, was wearing a red jacket the night of the altercation, and Martin was wearing a dark hoodie. However, Good testified that he didn't see the person on top smashing the other person's head into the sidewalk, as Zimmerman claims Martin did before he fatally shot the teen.

Taking the stand Friday, John Good said he was at home watching television with his wife when he heard a "faint noise" that seemed to be getting closer. Outside, he said he saw the person on top of another man.

The man on the bottom, who he said he now believes is George Zimmerman, yelled for help.

"At first it was "What's going on," and no one answered,' " Good said, describing calling out to the men. "And then at that point the person on the bottom, I could finally see, I heard a 'help.' Then at some point I said 'Cut it out.' And then, 'I'm calling 911.' That's when I thought it was getting really serious."

The altercation seemed to escalate, according to Good. The struggle moved to the cement pathway, and he said the person in dark clothing straddled the other man in "mixed martial arts position" he later described to police as a "ground and pound." He said he saw "arm movements going downward," though he couldn't be certain the person on top was striking the person on the bottom.
"The person you now know to be Trayvon Martin was on top, correct?" asked defense attorney Mark O'Mara. "He was the one raining blows down on George Zimmerman, correct?"

"That's what it looked like," Good answered.

Good said he then went back inside to call 911. As he was dialing the phone, he heard a gunshot. His 911 call was played in court as the jury listened.

"I just heard a shot right behind my house. They're wrestling right in back of my porch," Good said on the recording. "...I'm pretty sure the guy's dead out here. Holy sh--."

Later, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda asked whether it was possible a police officer could have used the term "ground and pound" before he did.

"It's possible," Good said.

De la Rionda honed in on Good's earlier statement that he couldn't confirm the person on top was hitting the other person.

"Correct," Good said.

Complete coverage of the George Zimmerman Trial -Trayvon Martin case on Crimesider

0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:15 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
These pictures have nothing to do with this discussion. More Billrm wanna bes

What do I have to do with the pictures being posted by either gungasnake or Firefly?.
firefly

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:15 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You are just one of those people who make up "facts" to fit what ever they think.

BillRM is not just making up facts, he's also denying all of the evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's version of events.

That's because he's really not interested in this particular case, except as it pertains to gun owners, gun rights, and gun laws--and in making sure that those things are not affected.

So, instead of dealing with the actual facts and evidence in this case, as they were presented in court, BillRM disregards it all. His version doesn't even jive with the defense case, as they presented it, because he's throwing in all sorts of things that were never mentioned or included in this trial. I'm of the impression he never even followed or watched the trial, nor does he seem to understand the verdict, and why it turned out that way.

BillRM is here only to promote the gun lobby/NRA position--why people need guns, why people are right in using those guns, why gun laws and self-defense laws that protect shooters shouldn't be changed, etc. That's why none of the actual facts in this case matter to him. That's why the victim has to be blamed for his own death--no error in judgment on Zimmerman's part can be acknowledged, and certainly no issues about whether lethal force was necessary can even be spoken about. For BillRM, this was clear, open and shut self-defense, which is not what the jurors felt, despite the verdict, because that's the scenario that best bolsters the gun lobby/NRA party line he's regurgitating.

Trying to get him to focus on the facts and evidence in this case, all of the facts and evidence, is a waste of time. He's not interested in this case--except as it affects the gun lobby/NRA and his own gun use.
firefly

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:18 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
What do I have to do with the pictures being posted by either gungasnake or Firefly?.

Well, you're choosing to comment mainly on my posts. Is that because you agree with what gunga is posting? How come you're so silent when it comes to gunga?
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:33 pm
By the way no matter how you people wish to try to paint Zimmerman as anything but a victim the facts and a jury repeat a jury verdict state loud and clearly that he is the victim and have every right in the world to defense himself with or without the SYG law.

Bet you people would still love to sell the Duke so call gang "rape" or the earlier new York "gang rape" of Tawana Brawley by evil white men raping poor innocent black women both given to us by Sharpton with the help of the news media and people like Firefly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:35 pm
@firefly,
You're trying to have an intelligent discussion with a mentally imbalanced individual who dreams up things that isn't even part of the evidence provided during the trial.

You're just wasting your time (and effort) on an individual who belongs in the looney bin.
BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You mean the grass strains or the wounds or the witnesses accounts was not provided in the trial.

True the facts surrounding Trayvon that tend to show him as a gang member what to be was not in the trial but it was not needed for the jury to declare Zimmerman actions self defense.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

BillRM is not just making up facts, he's also denying all of the evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's version of events.

Bill is not the only one selectively looking at the evidence presented. There is an effective case on either side and that leads to reasonable doubt. From where I sit, I'm more in the Zimmerman started it and there is a case to be made for manslaughter camp, but I can't fault the jury verdict and I find the cartoon you posted implying the jury is racist to be very unfair to people who had to look at all the evidence, put aside their pre-conceived notions and make the call.
Baldimo

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:56 pm
@firefly,
Zimmerman had less injuries than you would expect due to the fact that he shot Martin before there was more damage. How long would you have wanted Zimmerman to wait before taking action? Would a minute of head pounding been enough?

You claim he was a trained fighter but we know this isn't true. His instructor pretty much said he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. So get the facts straight if you are going to talk about them.

Zimmerman is a known liar in your eyes. He hid assets from his lawyers to prevent his bail from being set higher, I don't blame him in the least on that one, I would have done the same thing. He shouldn't have been on trial anyways. Did you realize the lies told by those such as yourself about Martin? Harmless kid? How many harmless kids have stolen jewelry in the backpacks at school? How many harmless kids get suspended from school 3 times in high school?
RABEL222

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:06 pm
@engineer,
Only one witness. Only one "provable" version of what happened. So Flordia law forced the jury to it's decision. Not the jurys fault but the politicians and judges of Flordia who passed this law making it possible to commit murder and get away with it. So I am sure that they will rectify their mistake in about a hundred years or so. Maybe if it happens to a Florida politician or two?
Baldimo

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:13 pm
@RABEL222,
In the justice system, it only takes one witness. If there was only a single witness who saw Zimmerman throw the first punch, then shot Martin, I'm sure you would have been fine with that single witness.
BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
In the justice system, it only takes one witness. If there was only a single witness who saw Zimmerman throw the first punch, then shot Martin, I'm sure you would have been fine with that single witness.

He would had been overjoyed and so would Firefly for that matter.

The fantasy of large groups of racist white men going around raping and killing black men and women at random being shown to have any reality at all would be a wonderful gift to this group.

Lord it is the shame it was three black men who beated up a white man at random and told him this was for Trayvon instead of the other way around of three white guys beating a black man and telling him this is for Zimmerman.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:45 pm
@RABEL222,
You are also forgetting that his case wasn't tried as a SYG. It was purely self-defense.
BillRM

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You are also forgetting that his case wasn't tried as a SYG. It was purely self-defense.

No they had not forgotten as it been told to them over and over it just that they are very dishonest people.
0 Replies