The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:00 pm
@firefly,
You need to consider where dear little Trayvon might be right now if he wasn't "resting"... I.e. in some sort of a prison cell with Jerry Sandusky and Charlie Manson, talking about what ought to happen in a prison, to some asshole who was into stealing wedding rings...
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is not a coincidence that the "snacks and a drink" that Trayvon bought just happened to be ingredients in the "Poor Man's PCP" concoction that Travon liked to brew for himself.

And given past evidence of Trayvon's involvement in burglary, it is unlikely to be a coincidence that Mr. Zimmerman thought Trayvon was casing houses to break into.

All presumptions are that Trayvon was preparing to get all hopped up on Angel Dust and then break into some of the homes in the neighborhood. His decision to double back and assault Mr. Zimmerman may well have prevented Trayvon from slaughtering an entire family later that night.

That post is a good example of the racial bigotry Frank was talking about.

There is not a drop of factual evidence to back up anything you've said. It's all a rather vile attempt to turn an innocent kid, who was simply walking home, into the worst stereotype of a young black drug addicted criminal--to make him the epitome of black menace in our society--in order to whitewash and obscure George Zimmerman's tragic mistake in judgment, and his inability to control his own impulses.

These are your sick fantasies, about young black men, to justify your own paranoia and prejudice.

Seems to me that all the most vile race baiting is coming from bigots like you.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/2013_Rogers_Cartoons/071513_Zimmerman_Verdict.jpg

0 Replies

firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:07 pm
Recognize yourselves oralloy and gunga?

You both see this verdict as a triumph for racism.

http://media.cagle.com/58/2013/07/15/134558_600.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:20 pm

For anybody who hasn't figured out how George Zimmerman's nose ended up looking like it did....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pOehSKTiU0

This is a case of a professional prize-fighter being hit flush in the nose with a straight right. That's sort of rare in prize fights but it may be more apt to happen with a right-handed and a left-handed fighter facing off.

firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:49 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
For anybody who hasn't figured out how George Zimmerman's nose ended up looking like it did....

Still relying on that one, extremely distorted, cell phone photo, taken at a weird angle gunga? The one where Zimmerman's nose looked squashed? Laughing

The only reliably accurate photos of Zimmerman, taken right after the shooting, are those the police took that night.

And in those official police photos, His nose looks rather good, and rather normal for him. That nose made an almost immediate, somewhat miraculous, recovery in those pictures, from the way it looked in the distorted cell phone picture. Laughing.

Zimmerman received a blow to the nose--and from his appearance, after the blood was wiped off, it wasn't even much of a blow. The nose looks fine, so does the rest of his face. The back of his head looks fine as well--except for two tiny scrapes and dried blood from those scrapes--no bruises, swellings, goose-eggs, etc.

Zimmerman shown in official police photos taken the night of the shooting. He clearly sustained only very minor injuries. He didn't even need a Band-Aid.
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4fd13eb769bedd093c00000c-480/george-zimmerman-after-shooting.jpg

http://papundits.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/aa-george_zimmerman_injury.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1080708!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/zimmerman-horizontal-mugshot.jpg

And, you seem to be forgetting--Zimmerman was the trained fighter. He trained at a gym, several times a week, for a year. And he couldn't respond to a blow to the nose with anything but a gunshot?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/files/2013/07/zimmerman-verdict-cartoon-morin-495x351.jpg

gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:56 pm
@firefly,
Somebody may have reset Zimmerman's nose and cleaned it up a bit, IF that picture is actually from the night of the shooting, but the picture of his nose immediately after the affair is not fake or a weird angle illusion and investigators did note that it had been broken.

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/uploads/images/amigo-o-enemigo/george-zimmerman-closeup-e1370819925886.jpg
oralloy

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:01 pm
@McGentrix,

Frank Apisa wrote:
Zimmerman may actually have considered a young man in a hoodie as suspicious…and worked himself into a state where an attempt at confrontation seemed reasonable.

Keep in mind that everything that Frank Apisa ever says is always an outright lie.

Mr. Zimmerman never attempted any confrontation with Trayvon.

Frank Apisa wrote:
A tragedy occurred…a young man guilty of nothing more than buying a few snacks and a drink was shot to death because of the confrontation.

Maybe that young man shouldn't have started the confrontation to begin with.

And then there is the small matter of the fact that that young man was going to brew his "snacks and a drink" into Angel Dust and then go out and break into other people's houses.

Frank Apisa wrote:
But the lowlifes posting here should be way beyond that suspicion.

The only lowlifes here are freaks like you, Frank. No one expects any honesty from you at this point.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Every presumption here should be that Trayvon bought some snacks and a drink…and was heading home to watch a basketball game.

Every presumption is that Trayvon was going to brew up some Angel Dust and then go break into other people's houses.

In all likelihood an entire family is alive today thanks to Mr. Zimmerman's heroism.
gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:01 pm
CB-DC poll, "Do you agree with th verdict in the Zimmerman case?"

http://washington.cbslocal.com

82% agree with the verdict as of 7 PM EDST
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:03 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
There's more at stake in this one than the second amendment. It's also about the basic idea of equality in our society and the question of whether or not we now have special/protected groups of people who are legally untouchable to the extent that the rest of us can't even defend ourselves when one of them goes crazy on drugs and tries to kill us.

That in fact is what Tracy Martin has asked for:

http://www.thenewjournalandguide.com/en/component/k2/item/3184-transforming-the-zimmerman-verdict-into-a-triumph

Quote:
...As you watched Travyon Martin’s father sit in Congress and set a 50-year time line for a law that would ban profiling and killing minors in self-defense in Florida – it was easy to forget the King Holiday took 15 years to pass....

Against the law to kill a minor in self defense?? What about a gang of ten or twelve minors trying to play the "knockout game"? No legal self defense against that **** either??

If that sort of nonsense comes to pass, if people who defend themselves find there are no witnesses other than the aggressors, they might be doing themselves a huge favor by just making sure all the aggressors are dead and then slipping away and letting the police chalk it all up to "gang activity".
gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:08 pm
@oralloy,
A dozen or so Trayvon Martins going missing or turning up dead on a weekend in Chicago or Detroit would not raise any eyebrows.
firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:09 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Somebody may have reset Zimmerman's nose and cleaned it up a bit...

His nose was not reset. It was not treated. His face was simply cleaned up a little. He refused all medical treatment.
Quote:
investigators did note that it had been broken...

A broken nose is diagnosed by x-ray--Zimmerman never had his nose x-rayed.

The photos I posted are the official police photos taken the night of the shooting, taken just a short time after the cell phone photo you posted.

The police photos clearly show there was no serious damage to Zimmerman's nose.
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4fd13eb769bedd093c00000c-480/george-zimmerman-after-shooting.jpg

Either Zimmerman's nose made some sort of almost immediate, miraculous recovery, without any medical treatment, within a very short period of time, or the photo you posted distorts, and inaccurately represents, the way he really looked.

I'll trust the official photos taken by the police.

0 Replies

firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:14 pm
@oralloy,
At least some people admire the way you think, oralloy.
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2013/01/04/0105_malo_klan_flyer_t607.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:18 pm
@gungasnake,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/23323_616539411701261_611106535_n.png
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:39 pm
@firefly,
firefly, You're wasting your time trying to talk sense into those racial bigots.
A COMPLETE WASTE; not worth your time or effort.

It's easier to change the spots on a leopard. Mr. Green
firefly

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 07:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
firefly, You're wasting your time trying to talk sense into those racial bigots.
A COMPLETE WASTE; not worth your time or effort.

You're right, C.I.. This isn't worth my time and effort.

I really hope the 50th Anniversary March on Washington later this month helps to galvanize another major civil rights movement, and that people will continue to express their outrage at the ongoing manifestations of racism, discrimination, and inequity in our society, through organized effective social and political action.

The solution is not arguing with racist idiots in threads like this, it's working to accomplish change in the real world. And I do believe Trayvon Martin's death will continue to be symbolic of the need for that change. Not just his death, but the trial, and the verdict, all highlight the deep vein of racism, and the racial divide, that poisons the heart of this country. It is so deeply rooted, many people, particularly white people, have a difficult time even seeing it, let alone acknowledging it. And I think that was probably true of the well intentioned jurors who acquitted Zimmerman--they bought the racial stereotypes that Zimmerman's defense lawyers sold them, and they wound up convicting the victim, about whom they really knew nothing, because they assumed he fit a stereotype. But they will tell you, they never thought about race, and that may be true, but it permeates thinking subconsciously, and that's the really pernicious aspect.

Trayvon Martin never had a chance to get justice. Not from the vigilante who profiled and pursued him, not from the police who neglected to even test his killer for drugs or alcohol, not from the D.A. who didn't think a fatal shooting, in response to only an apparent punch in the nose, by an unarmed young male victim, warranted an arrest and investigation, and not from the forensics team who made only minimum effort to insure that all crime scene evidence was carefully collected and preserved. It wasn't until after Trayvon's father identified his body, and verified that his son had belonged in that community, and was just returning from the store, that the police really realized that Zimmerman's inconsistent story didn't quite add up, but, by then, things were already botched, because they had prejudged Martin, with a negative racial stereotype, and had not questioned this death enough, and evidence now was lost. And it still took repeated public demonstrations, by a justifiably outraged black community, to even get Zimmerman arrested, even after it was clear that he had profiled and stalked an innocent teen and provoked an encounter with him.

Trayvon Martin had no chance at justice. The deck was stacked against him all along. And that did have to do with the color of his skin.

Whether it's through an action by the Justice Dept,. or a wrongful death civil suit by Martin's parents. or simply by serving as a symbol to galvanize a movement to effect social change and address racism, I do hope that Trayvon Martin will eventually get justice.

And, you're right, C.I.. I can't get it for him in this thread.

0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If that sort of nonsense comes to pass, if people who defend themselves find there are no witnesses other than the aggressors, they might be doing themselves a huge favor by just making sure all the aggressors are dead and then slipping away and letting the police chalk it all up to "gang activity"

I remember a motorcyclist was attacked at a stop light in order to "car" jack his motorcycle and he pull out a knife and gut the asshole and then rode off.

The police then asked for help finding the motorcyclist and I rolled on the ground thinking who the hell would turn him in!!!!!!!!

Somehow, I have the feelings at the time that the police was not going to be looking too hard either.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If that sort of nonsense comes to pass, if people who defend themselves find there are no witnesses other than the aggressors, they might be doing themselves a huge favor by just making sure all the aggressors are dead and then slipping away and letting the police chalk it all up to "gang activity"

I remember a motorcyclist was attacked at a stop light in order to "car" jack his motorcycle and he pull out a knife and gut the asshole and then rode off.

The police then asked for help finding the motorcyclist and I rolled on the ground thinking who the hell would turn him in!!!!!!!!

Somehow I have the feeling the police was not going to be looking too hard either.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:44 pm
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3050553/posts

Quote:

Zimmerman attorney details battle with prosecutors over evidence in murder trial
wftv.com ^ | August 2, 2013
Posted on 8/2/2013 6:34:44 PM by don-o

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

Mark O'Mara said his legal fight with the people who tried to convict George Zimmerman is not over.

On Friday, at a Tiger Bay Club luncheon in Orlando, O'Mara detailed the case that garnered national attention.

Mark O'Mara described the struggle he said he went through to get evidence from the prosecution team of Bernie De La Rionda and State Attorney Angela Corey.

He cited the picture of a bloodied Zimmerman, taken the night Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, as an example.

"It is undeniable that they had a plan in mind, with the 15 months that we had to get ready, of keeping information from us, and I don't say that lightly, I really don't," O'Mara told the group.

A member of Corey's own team was fired and is now suing her office after he testified that prosecutors had kept evidence from O'Mara.

"You have this type of gamesmanship for the sole purpose of trying to deny a fair trial and, as it turned out, try to convict an innocent man," said O'Mara.

O'Mara has filed a motion that will be heard by Judge Debra Nelson.

He claims prosecutors purposely withheld evidence from him and the defense team.

Channel 9 has learned that O'Mara could go after Corey. She called Zimmerman a murderer on national television after the trial.

"He could bring civil action against Angela Corey for statement she made outside the courtroom. Also, he could file a grievance against her with the Florida Bar," WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer asked O'Mara whether he intends to drop the issue.

"I am not done with that motion. I'm not done with Angela Corey. And we are going to be seeing more of each other. We'll see how that turns out," said O'Mara. "This is because this is not supposed to be how we practice as lawyers."

Channel 9 contacted Corey's office for a response, but the call was not returned.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:48 pm
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/fladj11/July%202013/1069390_559041167475804_2023560544_n.jpg
mysteryman

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have pretty much stayed out of this discussion, but CI, you made a comment that you need to explain.
You said that it was the racial bigotry of the jury that allowed them to reach a not guilty verdict.

I am wondering how you reached that conclusion, since at least one member said they thought he was guilty, but the evidence didn't support that verdict.

Or, is there something about the jury that you know that nobody else knows?
0 Replies