The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

revelette

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He also thought Trayvon acted like he was on drugs and was casing houses

How could Zimmerman tell if Trayvon Martin was casing houses? It was dark and raining, Martin had on a hoodie which obsecured his face, how could Zimmerman tell where Martin was looking from where he sat in the car? I walk down my street quite often and I might find myself looking at houses and other scenery along the way. Should I expect some wanna be cop to call 911? He didn't have enough pot in his system for it to have so noticeable that Zimmerman could tell it from a distance and in the dark and the rain. In my opinion, Zimmerman just said to make it sound like it was something other than just a black kid walking in the rain so they would be sure send somebody. It always puzzled me why they even were going to send someone based on such flimsy reasoning anyway.
firefly

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
@BillRM,
Your friend Hawkeye has already confirmed the racial element in this case. Go argue with him.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
@revelette,
How could Zimmerman tell if Trayvon Martin was casing houses?

because that's what black kids in hoodies do, silly...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He also thought Trayvon acted like he was on drugs and was casing houses.

These guys are using the wrong adverb. George Zimmerman wasn't RACIALLY profiling anybody. He was BURGLARLY profiling martin, due to the fact that Martin was BEHAVING like a burglar (the slow walk through the rain, looking at and into houses).

Want to avoid having your child profiled as a burglar? Teach him not to ACT like a burglar...
revelette

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:00 pm
@gungasnake,
Right, tell him or her to run instead. Oh wait, then they would wonder what you were running from in such a hurry. So tell him or her to be sure and pace yourself between a slow walk and run and not to get out in the rain, and not to be a young black male in a gated community because surely they don't belong there.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:10 pm
At some point during this discussion, I came to the realization that I probably have more respect for George Zimmerman on this issue...

...than I have for the people defending what he did that night.

He truly did not know the whole story...and may well have been following and checking on a guy he thought intended to committing burglary.

Viewed as favorably as possible, he made a tragic mistake.

These people do know more than Zimmerman did when he pulled that trigger…and they still are intent on demonizing Trayvon Martin.

They are a pathetic bunch of losers trying to make their “reasoning” seem like reasoning.
firefly

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:12 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
How could Zimmerman tell if Trayvon Martin was casing houses?

Also 7 pm on a Sunday night wouldn't exactly be prime time to commit a burglary.

And Trayvon was going back to Miami the next day with his father--so he wasn't "casing" the buildings for a "future job" either. He was just walking around because he wasn't in a hurry to get back to where he was staying.

This was a middle class kid who wasn't deprived, and who had no logical reason to commit a burglary. His parents provided for him. I just read that they were even planning on buying him a car. His older brother is a senior in college. This was not a kid immersed in a criminal milieu. He was tragically profiled because of George Zimmerman's personal obsessions.

Assuming that all young black males are criminal types, and worthy of "suspicions" is crazy.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/56/a566af40-a4c6-560e-ac02-318a3d251c4d/51e5c2a1a5af3.preview-620.jpg

0 Replies

firefly

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I agree with you.
cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 04:42 pm
@firefly,
I don't think this case is as simple as we all thought it was.
Quote:
Tape showed Zimmerman's anger over black man's beating
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 8:49 PM EDT, Thu May 24, 2012

I think we all need to cool our heels. That doesn't mean our opinions about some people on this thread aren't racial bigots. The jury didn't find Zimmerman innocent; he was found not guilty of the charges. There's a huge difference between the two. That a jury member said "he got away with murder" is still the right opinion. The SYG law in Florida was the injustice.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-shooting-george-zimmerman-protested-treatment-homeless-black-man-police-father-article-1.1057162
0 Replies

parados

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 04:48 pm
@BillRM,
Yes Bill... welcome to the silliness where simply asking a question becomes an accusation. It seems to be something those on your side are quite capable of doing.

They claim Martin was high when there is no evidence. They claim Martin was robbing houses when there is no evidence.
spendius

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 04:54 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I agree with you.

It wasn't bad until the last sentence.
parados

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

These people do know more than Zimmerman did when he pulled that trigger…and they still are intent on demonizing Trayvon Martin.

They are a pathetic bunch of losers trying to make their “reasoning” seem like reasoning.

I think that kind of says it all Frank.
Brandon9000

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:12 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
The jury found him innocent.

No it didn't. That was not the verdict.

And one juror has already said, "George Zimmerman got away with murder."
Quote:
If the incident was so obviously motivated by race, he ought to be sued.

That's why the Justice Dept. is continuing to investigate this case.

And the Martin family may file a wrongful death suit--with or without race as an issue.

The jury found him not guilty.
Brandon9000

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
The jury found him innocent.

No it didn't. That was not the verdict.

And one juror has already said, "George Zimmerman got away with murder."
Quote:
If the incident was so obviously motivated by race, he ought to be sued.

That's why the Justice Dept. is continuing to investigate this case.

And the Martin family may file a wrongful death suit--with or without race as an issue.

The jury found him not guilty. There is no clear evidence of racism, you just want it to be racism. Even if it was, it doesn't matter if Martin jumped Zimmerman. Anyone has the right to defend himself against a violent attack.
Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:21 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

I agree with you.

Thank you, Firefly.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:21 pm
@parados,
Quote:
They claim Martin was high when there is no evidence.

An you jokers had turn Zimmerman into a racist with less then zero evidence.

Saint Tranyvon however was a pot smoker that love to fight by his own words and was found with women jewelry he would not explain and have pictures of more women jewelry and a gun in his cell phone plus nude pictures of underage females.

The underage females would alone normally have Firefly yelling for the blood of any male teenager who have them.
Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:23 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
I agree with you.

It wasn't bad until the last sentence.

Thank you, Spendius.

I agree that the last sentence probably could have been left out, but I sometimes give in to my darker side.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
You know nothing!@ When I was a kid, I fought all the time - because kids picked on me for wearing eyeglasses. I learned early that if you fought those kids, they left you alone.

You jump to conclusions through your own ignorance. Sadly, you're an IDIOT!
Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:24 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I think that kind of says it all Frank.

Thanks, Parados...although I will acknowledge that the final sentence was a bit over-the-top.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
There is no clear evidence of racism, you just want it to be racism

Yes, I still do not know by what magic they are claiming that Zimmerman is a racist unless anyone who get into a conflict with a black and are not themselves black must be a racist.

Oh and they have FBI agents crawling over every element of his past with a microscope for a year with no results to show for it as far as Zimmerman being a racist is concern.

The magic wand also turn him from a mixed race Latin into a white. Just amazing in every way.